Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Filtered by age: 30-35
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.0

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

on 6/11/2018 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This made my skin burn so I returned it. It's never good when a product makes your skin burn.

This cream is comforting and soothing for my skin. Not oily when a small pea sized amount is used.Glides on, blends well and is absorbed relatively quickly. Smell is a little chemical-like though but its subtle.

Day 3 of using. Hope it holds up well over time!

on 12/5/2017 3:19:00 PM

The ingredients list on this product is really impressive. It's been around for a while but already contains so many of the hyped ingredients we love today, like squalane and urea. I bought this product and used it religiously for 2 months. It replaced other moisturizing products in my regime, and my skin felt moisturized while I was using it. So I never thought to blame this product when I started exhibiting symptoms of extreme dehydration in my skin - peeling, cracking, any cuts taking a long time to heal, extra oiliness, etc.

Finally, I want back to a BeautyEditor.ca post I really like that talked about another moisturizing product and in the process, discussed why you should avoid silicones in products. Silicones are often present in moisturizers so that the texture of the product feels sumptuous and pleasant to consumers. They act as emollients, meaning they make your skin FEEL smooth and healthy but without actually having a permanent cosmetic effect on your skin. Worse still, they can block other ingredients in the product from penetrating into your skin and actually improving it.

I went back to the ingredients list on this product. After water and glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane - a silicone - is the top ingredient. I've finally switched moisturizers and my skin is starting to recover from the dehydration I was suffering from!!

on 11/28/2017 4:24:00 PM

Love this cream for winter. It is perfect for my combination skin...doesn't feel too oily but doesn't dry out the cheeks. My skin gets flaky sometimes in winter and this cream takes care of that. I love how it smells too. My skin feels really soft after applying it which is always a bonus. It doesn't sit on my skin like other creams I've used. No breakouts.

Those of you with oily or combination skin, be really careful. I had a bad break out after the first 4 days. I think it's a great mosturizer only for dry skin.

on 12/9/2016 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

a very basic moisturizer.. if you are looking for a basic moisturizer then this can be the one

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I regularly change my skincare products around and am by no means a loyalist when it comes to any skincare or beauty brands and so generally I'm not biased towards any product and give all of them a pretty fair chance at the get-go. On this note, I have a love/hate relationship with most of Kiehl's products (and believe me, I've tried nearly all of them), but this moisturizer can probably be considered close to HG status in terms of hydrating and improving my overall skin texture.

I have pretty erratic but normal skin, at the best of times I don't get any pimples and it's just average (i.e. neither oily nor dry), at the worst I break out suddenly in little random bumps across my face (these are not so bad, they are never big and pus-like, and are usually either hormonal or an allergic reaction to a new product) and have dry patches around my cheeks and on my nose.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream has been one of those moisturizers that have always produced consistently great results for me but just kind of fade into the background the minute I get bored with my skincare regimen and its products. That being said, it has always been a reliable moisturizer in that I never break out when I use it, and it always manages to hydrate my skin and makes my pores and lines appear less visible (I don't know why but I'm guessing this is due to how 'plump' my skin looks and feels after I use it). Makeup application is always smoother after I use this cream too, and I don't even have to use much of the cream per application - a little goes a long way.

I know this cream is meant to be used as an all round moisturizer, meaning it can be used for day and/or night, but as a day cream I find it far too thick and rich to use in the hot and humid climate I live in and I also feel it just sits like a greasy mess on my face when I use it in the morning as it isn't absorbed into the skin immediately. So when some people say that this cream doesn't absorb well, I kind of get where they're coming from - it doesn't absorb quickly and can be quite greasy when you first apply it. However, when used as a night cream, by the time I wake up in the morning and observe my skin, I always feel it is far more supple and well hydrated than from the night before - perhaps it's just one of those creams that act a bit more slower and needs quite a number of hours to actually seep into the layers of the skin before its effects are noticeable?

I also love the smell of this moisturizer, it's not overpowering at all and quite delicate (almost nonexistent), and the cooling touch of the cream when first placed on my skin is always welcoming. So while I continue on my hunt for a HG daytime moisturizer and may get distracted by other new products in the market, at least I know that the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream is there in the background, ready to prove its worthiness to me yet again.

on 10/3/2015 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Oh wow. This is by far the best moisturizer I have ever tried.
I have been looking for something that really hydrates without making the skin greasy and this is just the perfect product for that. It's super soft and easy to apply, it absorbs quickly.
I often wake up with dry, red and flaky cheeks but if I apply this at night, in the morning my cheeks are actually ok and it's like this product brings the redness and irritation down.

It's definitely worth a try on sensitive skins, and Khiels are a brand that strongly believe in samples, unlike some other places.

on 7/27/2015 3:40:00 AM

My face does not absorb this product well at all...disappointed

on 11/30/2014 11:31:00 AM

the packaging is poor because a jar always has cross contamination issues. It is quite moisturizing all right but would also break me out from time to time, not serious, just few tiny bumps that is kind of itchy. I guess it is too oily maybe in the ingredient list, I would not buy it again because for half or a third of the price, there are lots of other wonderful products, including cetaphil, eucerin etc.
Another downside is that in humid climate, where I lived now, it is difficult to apply this product evenly and even more difficult to apply sunscreen and foundation immediately after because it does not absorb too well, the oils always stat on top of the surface.