Annabelle Smoothliners

Annabelle Smoothliners

4.5

BLACK/NOIR; BRONZE; BROWNIE/BRUN; GUNMETAL; JADE; METEORITE CYCLOPENTASILOXANE C11-12 ISOPARAFFIN PARAFFIN POLYBUTENE SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL CERESIN OZOKERITE CERA MICROCRISTALLINA/MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE TOCOPHEROL ASCORBYL PALMITATE PHENOXYETHANOL MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: IRON OXIDES MICA TITANIUM DIOXIDE ULTRAMARINES FERRIC FERROCYANIDE METAL DAZE CYCLOPENTASILOXANE C11-12 ISOPARAFFIN PARAFFIN POLYBUTENE CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL SILICA CERESIN OZOKERITE CERA MICROCRISTALLINA/MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE TOCOPHEROL TIN OXIDE ASCORBYL PALMITATE CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE PHENOXYETHANOL MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: IRON OXIDES TITANIUM DIOXIDE FERRIC FERROCYANIDE MICA

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can't remember when or where I got this eyeliner.
I never think much of my makeup until I'm halfway through the product and realize I'm in love.
This pencil is one of those products that my mom probably got me and I just think "whatever, another eyeliner" but this is amazing. I'm just now running out of it after a few years of use (that probably isn't sanitary but it's never given me any problems). I am not good enough at makeup application to use liquid liner so this is the next best thing for me.
It doesn't ever break, applies smoothly but also doesn't run out. Rarely needs sharpening.
As long as you let it dry for a few minutes, it will not budge all day...even while I sweat away in a hot kitchen.
Highly recommended and it's only like $6?

on 3/6/2016 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Claims of "waterproof" and "longlasting". I had high expectations. I do have oily eye lids but after wearing for a few hours it has transfered to my under eye and is just a hot mess. On the bright side, it definitely is very smooth upon application and hence "smoothliner".

To Read all 71 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/30/2014 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Beautiful color pigment, amazingggggggggg stay power i have a teal green color and a navy from this collection the best part is that the color dosnt apply hard and take effort to apply. It really is smooth, i plan to buy more colors!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I only have one of these but I love it and I plan to buy more.. It really does stay all day. I leave for work at 7am and don't get home till 6pm or after and the eyeliner is still there.. I wash it off at night. Great purchase for people like me who work long hours and don't want to re-apply! I am definitely getting more.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have this in "Metal Daze" which is a nearly black colour that has a sheen to it. On me it reads as soft black, the shimmer isn't really visible once it's on my eye. This liner is very soft, & therefore easy to get right down in the lashes & it has *excellent* staying power. It takes a minute to set up, & then I have no problem with this transferring to my upper lid area.

The one negative is that because it is so soft, it requires more frequent sharpening in order to get a clean line & maintain control. I paid $5 for this & would definitely repurchase, I haven't found anything better, regardless of price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is one I've gone back to. I repurchased this in black because I can't afford GOSH liners anymore-- at least not since I'm in love with Elizabeth Arden lipsticks., Annabelle Smoothliners are the same, but Annabelle is under 5$ at Walmart and GOSH is 12$ Canadian on special occaisionally at Shoppers, which is as low as it goes now.

The brown one (called Brownie) is quite nice too, that is a dark almost black brown and is great for a daytime neutral look. I wanted a little extra oomph for evening if and when I wear a red lip. I find with Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume mascara, the regular version, not the waterproof that I don't need liner for day, but I still like the balance a bit of black liner gives to a classic evening red lip look.

I have VERY sensitive eyes and lids, a bit of rosacea, allergies, and a sensitivity to mica. This stuff doesn't make me react, and I apply it above the lashes and a little onto the waterline but not much, just to dig it up and into the base of my lashes. I only put it on my top lash line.

My lids are oily, so most eyeliner ends up smudged all over my brow bone (hooded lids) or in racoon/panda circles under my eyes where my natural dark shadows and hollow circles DON'T require ANY assistance from migrating eye makeup to look awful!

I used an eyeshadow to set it as well as applying on top of a base coat of Maybelline matte eyeshadow in Linen and the Browntones duo. I find that holds it firmly. The key isn't just to put shadow on to set it, but to apply it onto shadow as well. Then this holds all day. I tried it without shadow and it migrates within hours.

I blended the line with a fresh Qtip after I applied it, before I set it with the darker shade of eye shadow from the brown tones duo (a med taupe brown matter shade).

Does it tug or pull or skip?:
This goes on smoothly and easily with a creamy soft feel that doesn't pull, tug or skip. and it stayed creamy, but tended to wander if it wasn't applied OVER TOP eyeshadow and with more shadow to set it..

It does require sharpening, which leaves a fresh clean surface which I like. I did notice that this liner stays pretty creamy. You may want to refridgerate it before sharpening. Roll the tip on some tissue to make it pointy if it gets dull.

This really beats Cover Girl's Outlast or Revlon's Color Stay all hollow!

The colour is lovely, a good solid rich deep black. It stays a nice thick black all day unless you apply it without the powder base and setting powder routine I explained above. Even when I am not wearing any other makeup, if I want eyeliner, I HAVE to do the eyeshadow sandwich to make any liner last. This brand, GOSH and Prestige have been the only ones that last on my oily lids. And only iwth my sandwich technique.

AS FOR REMOVAL:These liners will then need a Qtip dipped in dual phase makeup remover to take the rest off. Wipe it onto the lid or upper side of lashes and wipe slowly to remove the liner. Then wash the rest of your makeup off with your usual cleansing routine, which gets off any further trace of the dual phase remover. I like the dual phase eye makeup remover best, either the Elizabeth Arden one or the Neutrogena.

Dual phase removers are the kind that you shake, and they separate into an oily layer on top of a watery layer. Great for any kind of waterproof makeup removal.

on 9/17/2013 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this eye liner for YEARS, And am never disappointed. I always try the more expensive ones, thinking they will last longer than this - and they never do. Besides, who wants to pay $25+ for an eyeliner that doesn't hold up as well as this $6 one? I have bought a hundred of these (probably a bit of an exaggeration, lol) and will never try any other eye liner! It's a nice jet black, it goes on so smooth and lasts all day. I do line my inner eye lid with it, and have been wearing contacts for many years and it's never bothered my eyes.Great job annabelle!

I just recently got this from my mother, who constantly gives me all sorts of beauty products to try out. I have to say, this has to be the BEST eyeliner I have ever tried! For so many years, I was using an eyeliner by Maybelline. This just knocks everything else out of the park. It goes on so easily and smoothly. I instantly loved this. I don't really know the price of it since I didn't buy it, but I don't really care, I will definitely be repurchasing this again! Highly recommend it.

on 2/23/2013 8:04:00 PM

My favourite eyeliner ever. I apply it under my lash line and it stays all day. Simply the best.

on 1/2/2013 2:31:00 PM

Overall I am not disappointed by this product. It works well has good staying power and is a great price. The only complaint I have is that it is a bit of a soft texture and requires frequent sharpening but for the price and quality I will definitely repurchase!