essence Extreme Long Lasting Eye Pencil

essence Extreme Long Lasting Eye Pencil

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing amazing!!! Dark black creamy liner! Stays put!! Great price! I need to go back to get more

All the reviews pretty much sums up what I want to say about this product. Love it! Must have!

on 6/16/2018 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was my absolute favourite favourite favourite favourite favourite eyeliner of all time!!! I loved this one more than Sephora (which it was comparable to), MAC (which it was also comparable to), Clinique or any of my other former favourite eyeliners. I could wear it for over 24 hours and it WOULD NOT BUDGE! And it was sooooo smooth and creamy and easy to glide on. But alas it's been discontinued here in my country, dunno if they still sell it in other countries. Why do they always have to discontinue the absolute best products in the world? I know this was slightly more expensive than other Essence eyeliner pencils (3€ as opposed to 2€ or less for their other pencils) but that is still only a fraction of the price of comparable brands like Sephora or MAC. ESSENCE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING THIS BACK!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in 01 Blacklove and 06 Silky Nude. I love how creamy it is and just melts into the waterline. I use the black shade to line my upper lid inner rim only and the nude shade for my lower waterline. It seems to last a decent amount of time and doesn't transfer. I'd say this is a decent eyeliner for $3.99 CAD :)

I had to come back to say I picked up the shade But First, Espresso - and it is just so lovely on the waterline! Lasts ages and is SUPER creamy - doesn't drag or anything and once it sets, it SETS. :D

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Damn I wish it worked. It was clumpy as hell and melted off within an hour. I got a bad batch!

on 4/7/2018 10:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First, a little about me - I have the oiliest eyelids this world has ever seen. Almost every eyeliner I have tried in the last 10 years has slid off my eyelids and onto my under eyes in about an hour. Even with primer and with powder, they all just melt right off. I've tried many, many eyeliners at Sephora - Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel, Stila All Day Liquid, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On, MUFE Aqua XL. There are more but the memories are just too painful to keep going.

The only eyeliner that ever stayed on was the Clinique Brush-on Cream Liner which you can't find in Canada anymore. I HAVE BEEN WALKING AROUND WITH BARE EYELIDS FOR TWO YEARS LIKE AN ANIMAL.

Finally, I think I have found an eyeliner that will work! Thank-you, thank-you fellow MUAers for pointing me towards this eyeliner! It was $3.99 at Shopper's Drug Mart so I figured I really had little to lose. I meant to buy straight black but purchased Black Midnight Sky which is black with a beautiful, fine glitter throughout. Glitter is not really my style but it's so pretty that I'm not even mad at it. Also, you really can't see the glitter unless you are very close up so there's no way you will end up looking like thirsty co-ed trying to run a board meeting while wearing this.

Best of all, THIS DOES NOT BUDGE. At all. It glides on like a gel and you have a few seconds to blend until it dries down. I haven't tried to sleep in it or work out with it on (and I'm not going to do either so don't even ask) but this is some looooong wearing liner. It also came off easily with some micellar water on a cotton round so there is no chance of irritation from having to scrub.

I'm excited to pick up some other colours - hopefully, they perform exactly like this one.

PROS:
-very inexpensive
-long wearing
-pretty, saturated colour
-easy removal

CONS:
-you have to sharpen (I'm reaching, here)

UPDATE: I purchased this in another colour - Rockin' Taupe. I generally don't go for deep black eyeliners because I'm quite fair and they tend to look too harsh on me. This is definitely right in between beige and grey and it has a pretty but non-obvious shimmer to it. This is just as smooth and long-wearing as Black Midnight - I did have some very minor smudging after a long nap but this is still the best eyeliner I've come across in years.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Really love this , I got "blacklove" it's very deep intense black , stayed put on waterline for over 12 hours , I cant find even one negative thing about it, you can't beat the price too , I've already bought 3 of these , bought it to my mom too .. love

on 2/19/2018 1:38:00 PM

I adore this liner. I wear it almost daily. I used to wear their previous Gel pencil formula, but it smudged like crazy and gave me raccoon eyes halfway through the day, so I ditched it. When they brought in their new inventory for the fall I decided to try their new liners and bought 06 Silky Nude and 05 Rockin' Taupe. I found they on perfectly and stay on with no smudging. I really recommend Silky Nude on the lower waterline for a 'bright eyes' effect; Silky Nude now replaces my NYX wonder pencil for that job. The only issue I have with this liner is that the packaging is kind of confusing, it doesn't look like you can sharpen it but you can. To me this liner is the absolute best liner you can buy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I nabbed Rockin' Taupe at the new Ulta that just opened near me; it's becoming oddly difficult to find taupe eyeliner, at least around here. It's a pearly mink taupe, on the cooler side of neutral, perfectly balanced between brown and gray. It has almost a golden tone to it; very pretty against my golden green eyes. The formula is nice; it works best if I warm it by putting the pencil in my pocket for a few minutes before using, but, once I get a line going, it applies smoothly and doesn't smudge. It's a very user friendly eyeliner, great for hugging the lashline, (deliberate) smudging, or even in lieu of eyeshadow, because it's opaque in one pass. The texture isn't so creamy that you couldn't sharpen it into a finer point, although it might be challenging to do so. Do try this one if you're on the market for a nice taupe liner!

Blacklove I had trouble with - it's softer and smudgier, requiring correction with micellar water on a cotton swab as I go along. It's not even close to the worst eyeliner I've ever used, but it isn't quick + easy to use like Rockin' Taupe, so that's a bit of a disappointment.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have three shades of this liner, and I really like the formula. It is a typical gel pencil, so it glides on so smoothly, but the best part is that it does last for a really long time. I have But First, Espresso (cool dark brown), Midnight in the Jungle (deep khaki green with a little bit of shimmer), and Rockin' Taupe (cool metallic taupe.) They're all very pretty and they swatch true to color. I love that the outside of the pencil is the same color as the liner since it makes finding them in my pencil cup a lot easier. The wear on all three shades is great, and if I had need of the other colors I'd probably pick them up too. They're dirt cheap at Ulta in the US ($2.99 I think) and worth every penny. Since it is a soft gel formula, you have to sharpen it a bit if you want a very sharp line, but given the cost I don't feel like I am wasting a lot of product by sharpening it all of the time.