Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide 12, Zinc Oxide 4.2.INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Retinyl Palmitate

I have been using this product for a few years now and it's my favorite choice for foundation. I have always had bad luck with most foundations because I have very fair, sensitive, combination skin and I have never been good at applying liquid foundation. I tried this on a whim and fell in love with it when I discovered how well it blended on my skin and how it gave me great coverage. The only bad thing I have to say about the product itself is that even the lightest shade can be a little dark and fake-looking on my fair skin; even when I blend it into my neck a little, the contrast of the shade on my face against my bare neck is very noticeable. But, as I spend a lot of time in the sun and tan a little in hotter months, it obviously matches better. It never really builds up in my creases unless I apply too much, and lasts all day.

I've had many people compliment my complexion while wearing this product, saying that it looks natural and flawless, which is awesome! Definitely the desired effect.
The packaging isn't great for travel, but it doesn't really give me a lot of problems. I usually buy a separate kabuki brush to apply this product with because I find the bristles on the little brush included are a little coarse for my taste and don't blend or disperse the product very well.
The price is great for being a mineral powder product that is available in drug stores.

All in all, this product is great and I will definitely buy it again!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought three different shades because I didn't know which would work best for me. I opened them and even the darkest was too light. Didn't buff into my skin well gave me a weird gray shade that I really didn't like much.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great loose powder. I got real sick of my liquid powder. Stays on all day and it really gives you a good coverage with a light on your skin feeling. I highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to try a loose powder that is cheaper the spending $26 on Bare Minerals are 212 bucks I recommend this still

Coverage is great and the powder itself feels great. My skin looks great overall. I wish the container was more simple, it has a dome cover with a second cover inside that holds a brush on top. If I wasn't prone to dropping things, I'd cut out that second cover. In general, I think I've found a keeper.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love some of the other products but unfortunately this loose powder wreaked havoc on my oily skin, making it much much more oily! In several pictures in which I was wearing this powder, my face almost looks wet ahh. And loose powder is so messy to use! There was powder everywhere. I'm definitely going to go back to the pressed powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Although this product is quite pricey in Canada ($15.00), I highly recommend this. I have acne-prone, combination, sensitive skin with acne spots as well as acne scars. The coverage of this is light to medium if you build it - and it is buildable. It does not break me out which is why I bought this in the first place. Every other foundation I have tried either has not matched my olive skin or broke me out or just looked like a mess on my skin. This does not break me out, it matches my skin perfectly (although I hate how Physicians Formula has minimal to a non-existent shade selection for lighter and deeper skintones), and it looks natural on the skin. If you have problematic skin but want a natural flush and to even out any redness or dark spots you will like this. If you want a full coverage foundation this will not do it for you. It can also accentuate dry patches so keep in mind to exfoliate about 2 or 3 times a week and you won't have a problem with this foundation. Best way to apply is with a kabuki brush and tap the foundation into a little bowl to get the product out. Any other way I find is a giant mess. Same with all foundation powders though. Overall I highly recommend this product. If you do have a lot of acne spots but still wish to use this product I recommend investing in a good concealer. One I use is the Maybelline Better Skin Concealer. They work beautifully together. Hope this helps!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've never been a fan of powders due to my mature skin which is in pretty good shape but does have some fine lines.
This product, tho, with just a LIGHT dusting after my liquid foundation (I use a variety of foundations and BB creams) looks fresh, natural, keeps my t-zone oil at bay, and doesn't at all settle into my lines. I like to add a little bit of corn starch, just a tiny bit, and it works beautifully! Sometimes I apply a 2nd light dusting about 5 or 6 hours into the day and still it doesn't settle into lines or pores. The best I've ever tried (and I've tried way too many!).
(I was glad to see this PF product doesn't have talc in it because talc seems to settle into my fine lines)

I also love the Tarte Smooth Operator! Recv'd small size in my Ipsy bag and it is perfect!

So I'm very pleased with both products and highly recommend, especially if you've had bad experiences with powder looking cakey.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I picked this up after trying the pressed Talc-Free Mineral Wear powders and really loving them. This mineral powder is quite sheer when applied with a kabuki or powder brush. I like to pour the powder out onto a plate and press my Jane Iredale Flocked Sponge (try any powder puff/sponge) into it and roll-press it into the skin. It gives fuller coverage and helps to work the product into the skin. I go back in with my Elf Powder Brush and buff the powder over the rest of my face. I don't buff over areas that I've pressed the powder on otherwise it will move it around. I lightly set it with the Physician's Formula Translucent Mineral Viel (Matte) and I'm good for the day!

The only downside to this product is that product flies everywhere when you apply it, I always worry that I will breathe it in..

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is just so "meh" to me. I bought it on a whim and I won't repurchase anytime soon. First off, the packaging is ridiculous. It's so big and bulky and can't fit in my makeup bag without bulging out. The little brush it comes with is also ridiculous. It's too small to really be useful and it's very coarse. The powder itself is just okay. I could never imagine wearing it alone because the coverage is too minimal but it does give a pretty kind of dewy finish when on top of a liquid. My biggest complaint with this stuff is the color selection. I have NW10 skin and even their Translucent Light shade was way too orange. I had to brush over some pure white powder to make it look normal and even then it looked off.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is literally the only face powder ive tried that doesnt break me out. Ive been using it for 5 years now. I have about nc30-35 skin and i use transluscent light so it makes me a little lighter but then settles in pretty well. Sometimes if i dont put foundation underneath i find sometimes my jaw is itchy??? Idk if that means im allergic or something lol but i will definitely repurchase until i find one thats less messy.