Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide 12, Zinc Oxide 4.2.INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Retinyl Palmitate

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like Buttah! Okay, I think this product is mis-named as a "powder" because it's definitely a mineral foundation. It has its drawbacks to be sure: 1. Rubbish "kabuki" brush that goes straight into the trash for it's harsh, uneven texture and flimsy construction. 2.Laughable color range. (Seriously, if you are anywhere outside of the MAC 20-35 range, you won't find a shade.) 3. Potential to oxidize slightly as skin oils saturate. But...here's the thing. It's cheap, generously sized, gentle and looks gorgeous buffed into the skin. I have oily, but fairly clear skin with a few fine lines and this buffs in beautifully, blurs imperfections, wears well all day and looks "like buttah!" in its smoothness. I'm on my 3rd jar. Sure, I could spring for higher-end mineral makeup that might be slightly more elegant, but for light coverage and daily wear to make my skin look even and glowing with minimal effort, this is what I reach for.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh. I've purchased PFs mineral wear pressed powder and enjoyed it over foundation but this loose powder I bought with the expectation of use like a powder foundation. Not expecting huge coverage but a decent ability to even out skin tone and mattify.

I bought this for an on-the-go option when I want to head out for an errand and don't want to do a foundation routine. I applied this over my moisturized face, buffed it on with a brush and it looked nice. Evened my tone (translucent light). Just what I wanted. Came home an hour later, my skin still had some evenness but it was as oily as I had never put anything on. A total waste. I can easily do a quick foundation instead that would at least control my oils better than this.

I may consider using this over my foundations to set and use up, but I will not repurchase. I have shiny skin and this didn't even last an hour.

I love me this powder something fierce. The packaging is good, it even has a little spot for a mini brush it comes w which I don’t use much but can be handy for travel & you have a place to shake your powder (the dome) but if you want to use a puff or sponge it’s hard to pick up but if you are using a powder brush it works great! I use Natural Beige I got it for $9.85 (free shipping) from Ebay which is cheaper by $3 than Kroger & was delivered to my door in less than a week. I love PF i find their products innovative & they are cruelty free even if they are higher in price than most of my DS fare they have products that perform. This reminds me of bare minerals it’s a smooth powder not too finely milled so that is annoying but not coarse. It works well w oily skin which I’m very oily. I wish they would come out w an oil control medium to full coverage liquid fdtn I’m not into B.B./CC’s not enough coverage. I wear this w liquid fdtn as a setting powder. #winning

This is my favorite foundation. I have to have this product and i repurchased say.... 15 times. It covers but still looks like skin. Im not really into liquid foundation because it sits in my pores and emphasizes them. I use a bit of maybelline fit me concealer under my eyes and on blemishes with this on top. Im very heavy handed with this and get great coverage.
I do make sure my skin is moisturized before i start my makeup routine. I love this product and will buy it as long as they make it. Fyi, I am 37 with combo skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this because it's talc free and my skin has been breaking out do to setting powders with talc, but my skin is so oily that I need to use a setting powder or I end up looking like a sweaty mess.
Tried this powder for a few days over a thin layer of a matte foundation and right after putting it on my skin was oily. Two hours later and I looked like I had peanut butter smeared all over my face. I'm not sure what it is about this powder but it is not good for oily skin. Huge waste of $15

I want to say that even though I constantly stray to several different brands of foundation formulas in the winter, usually in the summer time, I wear heavy sunscreen, and then Healthy Choice SPF powder by Paula's Choice, but now that she discontinued that, I switched to Jane Iredale pure pressed base or her loose powder which are both a whopping $40 or more!!!! Paula's powder was only $15 at most when it wasn't on sale. In Jane Iradale I was Warm Silk in the Pure Pressed Base and Bisque in the loose powder, but Bisque was about 1.5 shades too dark for me.

The reason why I'm reviewing this is now that I've used up all of my Bisque, I bought the PF talc free mineral powder in Soft Ivory which exactly matches my skin tone to a T and emptied the container into my old Jane Iredale container, because the PF container is intolerable and I want to say that the PF version is AN EXACT DUPE in my opinion for the Jane Iradale loose powder foundation. Plus the soft ivory is a better color than Jane Iradale's Ivory which is way too pink. After all these years of selling Pure Pressed Base and the loose powder makeup, I feel like Jane Iradele needs to get her sh*t together and make her pricing a bit more competitive. Her makeup is just mineral makeup and the ingredients are not that groundbreaking.

I have been using this product for a few years now and it's my favorite choice for foundation. I have always had bad luck with most foundations because I have very fair, sensitive, combination skin and I have never been good at applying liquid foundation. I tried this on a whim and fell in love with it when I discovered how well it blended on my skin and how it gave me great coverage. The only bad thing I have to say about the product itself is that even the lightest shade can be a little dark and fake-looking on my fair skin; even when I blend it into my neck a little, the contrast of the shade on my face against my bare neck is very noticeable. But, as I spend a lot of time in the sun and tan a little in hotter months, it obviously matches better. It never really builds up in my creases unless I apply too much, and lasts all day.

I've had many people compliment my complexion while wearing this product, saying that it looks natural and flawless, which is awesome! Definitely the desired effect.
The packaging isn't great for travel, but it doesn't really give me a lot of problems. I usually buy a separate kabuki brush to apply this product with because I find the bristles on the little brush included are a little coarse for my taste and don't blend or disperse the product very well.
The price is great for being a mineral powder product that is available in drug stores.

All in all, this product is great and I will definitely buy it again!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought three different shades because I didn't know which would work best for me. I opened them and even the darkest was too light. Didn't buff into my skin well gave me a weird gray shade that I really didn't like much.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great loose powder. I got real sick of my liquid powder. Stays on all day and it really gives you a good coverage with a light on your skin feeling. I highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to try a loose powder that is cheaper the spending $26 on Bare Minerals are 212 bucks I recommend this still

Coverage is great and the powder itself feels great. My skin looks great overall. I wish the container was more simple, it has a dome cover with a second cover inside that holds a brush on top. If I wasn't prone to dropping things, I'd cut out that second cover. In general, I think I've found a keeper.