Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide 12, Zinc Oxide 4.2.INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Retinyl Palmitate

This is my favorite foundation. I have to have this product and i repurchased say.... 15 times. It covers but still looks like skin. Im not really into liquid foundation because it sits in my pores and emphasizes them. I use a bit of maybelline fit me concealer under my eyes and on blemishes with this on top. Im very heavy handed with this and get great coverage.
I do make sure my skin is moisturized before i start my makeup routine. I love this product and will buy it as long as they make it. Fyi, I am 37 with combo skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this because it's talc free and my skin has been breaking out do to setting powders with talc, but my skin is so oily that I need to use a setting powder or I end up looking like a sweaty mess.
Tried this powder for a few days over a thin layer of a matte foundation and right after putting it on my skin was oily. Two hours later and I looked like I had peanut butter smeared all over my face. I'm not sure what it is about this powder but it is not good for oily skin. Huge waste of $15

I want to say that even though I constantly stray to several different brands of foundation formulas in the winter, usually in the summer time, I wear heavy sunscreen, and then Healthy Choice SPF powder by Paula's Choice, but now that she discontinued that, I switched to Jane Iredale pure pressed base or her loose powder which are both a whopping $40 or more!!!! Paula's powder was only $15 at most when it wasn't on sale. In Jane Iradale I was Warm Silk in the Pure Pressed Base and Bisque in the loose powder, but Bisque was about 1.5 shades too dark for me.

The reason why I'm reviewing this is now that I've used up all of my Bisque, I bought the PF talc free mineral powder in Soft Ivory which exactly matches my skin tone to a T and emptied the container into my old Jane Iredale container, because the PF container is intolerable and I want to say that the PF version is AN EXACT DUPE in my opinion for the Jane Iradale loose powder foundation. Plus the soft ivory is a better color than Jane Iradale's Ivory which is way too pink. After all these years of selling Pure Pressed Base and the loose powder makeup, I feel like Jane Iradele needs to get her sh*t together and make her pricing a bit more competitive. Her makeup is just mineral makeup and the ingredients are not that groundbreaking.

I have been using this product for a few years now and it's my favorite choice for foundation. I have always had bad luck with most foundations because I have very fair, sensitive, combination skin and I have never been good at applying liquid foundation. I tried this on a whim and fell in love with it when I discovered how well it blended on my skin and how it gave me great coverage. The only bad thing I have to say about the product itself is that even the lightest shade can be a little dark and fake-looking on my fair skin; even when I blend it into my neck a little, the contrast of the shade on my face against my bare neck is very noticeable. But, as I spend a lot of time in the sun and tan a little in hotter months, it obviously matches better. It never really builds up in my creases unless I apply too much, and lasts all day.

I've had many people compliment my complexion while wearing this product, saying that it looks natural and flawless, which is awesome! Definitely the desired effect.
The packaging isn't great for travel, but it doesn't really give me a lot of problems. I usually buy a separate kabuki brush to apply this product with because I find the bristles on the little brush included are a little coarse for my taste and don't blend or disperse the product very well.
The price is great for being a mineral powder product that is available in drug stores.

All in all, this product is great and I will definitely buy it again!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought three different shades because I didn't know which would work best for me. I opened them and even the darkest was too light. Didn't buff into my skin well gave me a weird gray shade that I really didn't like much.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great loose powder. I got real sick of my liquid powder. Stays on all day and it really gives you a good coverage with a light on your skin feeling. I highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to try a loose powder that is cheaper the spending $26 on Bare Minerals are 212 bucks I recommend this still

Coverage is great and the powder itself feels great. My skin looks great overall. I wish the container was more simple, it has a dome cover with a second cover inside that holds a brush on top. If I wasn't prone to dropping things, I'd cut out that second cover. In general, I think I've found a keeper.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love some of the other products but unfortunately this loose powder wreaked havoc on my oily skin, making it much much more oily! In several pictures in which I was wearing this powder, my face almost looks wet ahh. And loose powder is so messy to use! There was powder everywhere. I'm definitely going to go back to the pressed powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Although this product is quite pricey in Canada ($15.00), I highly recommend this. I have acne-prone, combination, sensitive skin with acne spots as well as acne scars. The coverage of this is light to medium if you build it - and it is buildable. It does not break me out which is why I bought this in the first place. Every other foundation I have tried either has not matched my olive skin or broke me out or just looked like a mess on my skin. This does not break me out, it matches my skin perfectly (although I hate how Physicians Formula has minimal to a non-existent shade selection for lighter and deeper skintones), and it looks natural on the skin. If you have problematic skin but want a natural flush and to even out any redness or dark spots you will like this. If you want a full coverage foundation this will not do it for you. It can also accentuate dry patches so keep in mind to exfoliate about 2 or 3 times a week and you won't have a problem with this foundation. Best way to apply is with a kabuki brush and tap the foundation into a little bowl to get the product out. Any other way I find is a giant mess. Same with all foundation powders though. Overall I highly recommend this product. If you do have a lot of acne spots but still wish to use this product I recommend investing in a good concealer. One I use is the Maybelline Better Skin Concealer. They work beautifully together. Hope this helps!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've never been a fan of powders due to my mature skin which is in pretty good shape but does have some fine lines.
This product, tho, with just a LIGHT dusting after my liquid foundation (I use a variety of foundations and BB creams) looks fresh, natural, keeps my t-zone oil at bay, and doesn't at all settle into my lines. I like to add a little bit of corn starch, just a tiny bit, and it works beautifully! Sometimes I apply a 2nd light dusting about 5 or 6 hours into the day and still it doesn't settle into lines or pores. The best I've ever tried (and I've tried way too many!).
(I was glad to see this PF product doesn't have talc in it because talc seems to settle into my fine lines)

I also love the Tarte Smooth Operator! Recv'd small size in my Ipsy bag and it is perfect!

So I'm very pleased with both products and highly recommend, especially if you've had bad experiences with powder looking cakey.