3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

Coverage is great and the powder itself feels great. My skin looks great overall. I wish the container was more simple, it has a dome cover with a second cover inside that holds a brush on top. If I wasn't prone to dropping things, I'd cut out that second cover. In general, I think I've found a keeper.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

1.0

4 years ago

I love some of the other products but unfortunately this loose powder wreaked havoc on my oily skin, making it much much more oily! In several pictures in which I was wearing this powder, my face almost looks wet ahh. And loose powder is so messy to use! There was powder everywhere. I'm definitely going to go back to the pressed powder.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown

HairBlond

4 years ago

Although this product is quite pricey in Canada ($15.00), I highly recommend this. I have acne-prone, combination, sensitive skin with acne spots as well as acne scars. The coverage of this is light to medium if you build it - and it is buildable. It does not break me out which is why I bought this in the first place. Every other foundation I have tried either has not matched my olive skin or broke me out or just looked like a mess on my skin. This does not break me out, it matches my skin perfectly (although I hate how Physicians Formula has minimal to a non-existent shade selection for lighter and deeper skintones), and it looks natural on the skin. If you have problematic skin but want a natural flush and to even out any redness or dark spots you will like this. If you want a full coverage foundation this will not do it for you. It can also accentuate dry patches so keep in mind to exfoliate about 2 or 3 times a week and you won't have a problem with this foundation. Best way to apply is with a kabuki brush and tap the foundation into a little bowl to get the product out. Any other way I find is a giant mess. Same with all foundation powders though. Overall I highly recommend this product. If you do have a lot of acne spots but still wish to use this product I recommend investing in a good concealer. One I use is the Maybelline Better Skin Concealer. They work beautifully together. Hope this helps!

About reviewer (69 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I've never been a fan of powders due to my mature skin which is in pretty good shape but does have some fine lines. This product, tho, with just a LIGHT dusting after my liquid foundation (I use a variety of foundations and BB creams) looks fresh, natural, keeps my t-zone oil at bay, and doesn't at all settle into my lines. I like to add a little bit of corn starch, just a tiny bit, and it works beautifully! Sometimes I apply a 2nd light dusting about 5 or 6 hours into the day and still it doesn't settle into lines or pores. The best I've ever tried (and I've tried way too many!). (I was glad to see this PF product doesn't have talc in it because talc seems to settle into my fine lines) I also love the Tarte Smooth Operator! Recv'd small size in my Ipsy bag and it is perfect! So I'm very pleased with both products and highly recommend, especially if you've had bad experiences with powder looking cakey.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Other

4 years ago

I picked this up after trying the pressed Talc-Free Mineral Wear powders and really loving them. This mineral powder is quite sheer when applied with a kabuki or powder brush. I like to pour the powder out onto a plate and press my Jane Iredale Flocked Sponge (try any powder puff/sponge) into it and roll-press it into the skin. It gives fuller coverage and helps to work the product into the skin. I go back in with my Elf Powder Brush and buff the powder over the rest of my face. I don't buff over areas that I've pressed the powder on otherwise it will move it around. I lightly set it with the Physician's Formula Translucent Mineral Viel (Matte) and I'm good for the day! The only downside to this product is that product flies everywhere when you apply it, I always worry that I will breathe it in..

About reviewer (450 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2.0

4 years ago

This stuff is just so "meh" to me. I bought it on a whim and I won't repurchase anytime soon. First off, the packaging is ridiculous. It's so big and bulky and can't fit in my makeup bag without bulging out. The little brush it comes with is also ridiculous. It's too small to really be useful and it's very coarse. The powder itself is just okay. I could never imagine wearing it alone because the coverage is too minimal but it does give a pretty kind of dewy finish when on top of a liquid. My biggest complaint with this stuff is the color selection. I have NW10 skin and even their Translucent Light shade was way too orange. I had to brush over some pure white powder to make it look normal and even then it looked off.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

This is literally the only face powder ive tried that doesnt break me out. Ive been using it for 5 years now. I have about nc30-35 skin and i use transluscent light so it makes me a little lighter but then settles in pretty well. Sometimes if i dont put foundation underneath i find sometimes my jaw is itchy??? Idk if that means im allergic or something lol but i will definitely repurchase until i find one thats less messy.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBrown

2.0

4 years ago

I liked that I could buy this conveniently at the drugstore. I found the darkest color available there, "natural beige", thinking it might blend into my skin, but it was too light and pinkish. The main problem that kept me from trying to find a darker shade like "sand" was that the product itself didn't apply nicely for me. First, it flew everywhere, into my hair, on my clothes, just from the slightest movements - then when I applied it, it sat on top of my skin, I could see it, even with blending - this wasn't the color issue, it was cakiness. The packaging....it's convenient in the sense that the brush is self-contained with the powder, and kept neat. But the container itself is then large and unwieldy, and sometimes doesn't close properly very easily. Also, if you prefer to use your own brush, then that bubble lid with the brush is a total waste. I personally did not like the brush at all - it felt a bit rough and stiff, rather than fluffy and broad for spreading product comfortably - but it may be that this stiff brush is the best for applying this type of powder, I'm not sure.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

5 years ago

I've been using this powder for a few years now, one container of this last me at least a year, I think it's great and it recloses easily, sometimes the brushes could be a little rough but other than that it's amazing. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't bother it!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

5 years ago

I suffered from cystic acne and lots of redness on my face for all of my teenage life, and when i was about 19, for one month i stuck with the same regimen. i decided to try this foundation to give my skin a break from all the heavy foundations i was wearing to cover up the acne. OMG, each day i could see my skin improving, redness and bumps going down. NO heavy feeling, very light, matte light/medium coverage, you can build up for heavier coverage. and it was like my skin could finally breathe. After 1 month, my skin was completely clear and so much healthier looking. I didnt need to use as much makeup anymore! great stuff!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium