La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder

La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder
Cellular Treatment Loose Powder

4.6

Ingredients: talc, mica, capric triglyceride, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, soyabean oil, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, amyl cinnamal, hexyl cinnamal, treemoss extract, geranoil, benzyl benzoate, butylphenyl methylpropional, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines. *La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

This is the best loose powder ever. Yes, the price would make everyone cringe a little. But the quality and goodness this powder have given to my skin is unbeatable. Upon application, my skin looked poreless, so smooth and it brightened up my complexion. It gave a soft, matte finish, and controlled oiliness very well.

I have used this as a setting powder for both tinted mineral sunscreen and foundation, both paired equally beautiful with this powder as it really prolonged the wear on both. As the name suggests, this does work as a treatment for the skin, that explains why my skin always has that healthy glow everytime I'm wearing this powder. I encourage you to save up and treat your beautiful self with this powder.

I have tried this in the past without really giving it much of a chance and over foundation that I really shouldn't have been using, such as tarte gel cream, and I think I never experimented enough with it. But I was in nordies a while ago and after starting laser treatments and microdermabrasion treatments to fade an age spot, my derm dr said I needed to get a more mature line of makeup and skincare. He ran the La Prairie whitening serum past me as a serum to help fade the age spot I am getting the treatments for. He did say it wasn't going to be a cheap serum and said well you get what you pay for. And seeing that I am spending lots of money for treatments I wasn't about to not take his advice. So again in nordies I actually hooked up with a very nice consultant form la Prairie, and because nordies offers the best Cosmetics return in the industry, I forked out almost 2k$ for basics. Yeas basics. But if you know anything bout this line you know what I mean. Well it's been a couple weeks now, and I'm being loyal only to LP, and I can't believe the difference in my skin. I am using translsucet number one, and it melds into my skin, and all day long I have no shine, my pores look small, it doesn't cling to the lines. I can't explain it, but as the day goes on my face looks better as time goes by. I'm glad now I have a nordies card, I hate the high price of the line, but I will be 55 soon and I am not one to hide my age, the only reason I even went to my seem dr in the first place I was worried the spot I'm working on fading was cancer. And after testing, it is not. No more uv light exposure for me. I use to be a tanner, not anymore. A lesson learned too late. My moms words are playing over and over in my head; please stop burning your skin, you are will pay for this one day. And bless my moms words, I am paying for it now thanks mom, I wish She was still alive for me to tell her she was right.

on 11/2/2015 10:17:00 AM

Beautiful setting powder! I love it because it smooths over my fine lines and makes my face look soft and young. Other loose powders tend to look dry and powdery and highlight every tiny fine line on my face, thereby adding years to me. yuck. No one wants that! But this Cellular Loose Powder is absolutely wonderful at setting my foundation while also keeping the smooth, hydrated look of my skin.
My t-zone gets oily during the day, so after dusting this loose powder all over my face to set my foundation, I pat some oil control pressed powder on my nose, chin and forehead. As a result my face looks smooth, soft and shine free all day! Love it! Expensive but worth it! I have fair, warm skin (NC15) and the Translucent #1 works beautifully!

on 9/1/2016 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: 4 days of use.

I am embarrassed that I posted such a negative review so quickly, although in my own defense, I seldom change my initial opinion of a product, but this time I was so, so, so wrong and I apologize to LaPrairie and to anyone I may have misdirected from trying this powder.

So here goes my new impression. I must have been having a bad skin day when I first tried this because this powder is some magic stuff. Firstly, yes, it does go on heavier than the LM powder and has much more opacity which can seem weird at first. But . . . .I used this Saturday morning and then tucked my hair under a ball cap and put on huge sunglasses and went out on a windy day on a boat on the ocean. Didn't even think about what I might look like after until I came in and took off hat and glasses (could not believe my eyes) five hours on the water in blazing sun and wind and my makeup had not budged, discolored, faded, smeared, rubbed off, it looked like I just put it on.

Same thing next day visiting small town and walking miles shopping, drinking coffee, site seeing, hot, humid day. Makeup? Flawless after 8 hours.

So, I was wrong, at least for me. I will say, if you have super dry skin, this may not be for you. I have combo and sometimes dry skin and so far so good.

It is a different animal from the Laura Mercier which immediately blurs imperfections and imparts luminosity, but I require frequent touch ups with LM. The LaPraire looks a bit harsh initially and then after about an hour seems to blend with everything and locks the look for hours. I think it will be my go to powder with the Laura Mercier running a very close second. Hope this helps and I'm sorry if I misdirected anyone. :)

First review listed below and erroneously:

I am beyond disappointed by this product. Saw (youtube) and read so many positive things about it that I thought I couldn't go wrong by ordering it blind. Wrong! This is such an average powder. Very "powdery", sits on top of your skin and looks chalky, aging, masky, horrid stuff. I'm furious I got sucked in. I could have had 3 Laura Mercier translucent powders for what I paid for this stuff! Laura Mercier's powder melds with your makeup and gives a glowy airbrushed finish. Honestly, I smile every time I put it on and marvel and how it does what it does. Why can't I ever be content when I actually find a Holy Grail product. I'm sorry Laura . . . . . forgive me. . . . .:( And to make it even more galling, this sucker is HUGE. I'm gonna be staring at my mistake for a long time if I don't just throw it out. Yup it's that bad, I'm going to be hard pressed to keep that giant sucker on my vanity when I know it's gonna make me look old, chalky and horrid.

bought the shade translucent 0
I really like this loose powder, flawless finish (did not give a white cast), doesn't feels heavy on my skin (non cakey), and never caused breakouts
it also has very subtle sparkle
flawless finish, worth the price, and you got the travel size 10 gram of loose powder as well to carry on when you're travelling (with very beautiful and elegant packaging)
I already tried cle de peau loose powder, la mer loose powder, and chanel universelle libre loose powder, but la prairie cellular treatment loose powder beats them all!
This is the best loose powder I ever tried, will buy this powder over and over again

Comparing this the La Mer The Powder, this powder holds up my liquid foundation much longer and controls oil much better. The finish is silky and my face looks poreless, my undereyes looks smooth and it doesn't crease the whole day. I much prefer this over Chanel loose powder as well as its more lightweight and it smoothens out the complexion much better without looking cakey.

on 1/2/2015 2:15:00 PM

I really enjoy using this product every day to set my foundation. I think this product is expensive but I think a great investment in the long run. It works well on my dry/combination skin. A component of the lid from the small package broke off in my makeup bag - but contents did not spill; so I would not travel with the smaller package. I feel like with using this and the estee lauder primer, my makeup does not need touch ups throughout the day...

on 5/19/2013 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I might be dead by the time I need to replace this. About 18 months ago I was on a perfect skin campaign, and knew I needed powder. Torn between Chanel, LaMer, and LaPraire, I bought all three.. lol.

I give them equal rotation time though -- that's why I think I might not be around to finish them all off. I am shade 01, in all three.. or their name equivalents. I use them after I apply my foundation and blot in with powder puff which they come in. I have achieved my goal for better looking skin -- the finish I get with my powders is fantastic. I do use creme/gel or liquid foundations and they all need a bit of mattifying. Buff with a great buffing brush -- Sephora, UD, or Sigma. I then spritz with either MAC Fix, or Avene spray and I get a great foundation finish.

top off with blush, some highliter (now using Hourglass or Edward Bess) and I look 20 years younger.

the best powder i ever had!
it s like a cream in powder form.
never cakey to the face, no itchy or dry feeling. no shine too, of course. only a perfect dewy finish. no visible sparkles,
i have it in 01 shade, which is a light sand beige, perfect for my fair- medium complexion.(no pink or orange in it)
the best use of it is as a setting powder, over foundation or tinted/ bb creams.
i tried both methods applying it, and they both work great.
dusting a small quantity with a powder brush all over the face, or patting on the skin with it s pom pon and undusting after the excess with a brush.
the price is reasonable, considering the huge quantity.
i have the old box, without the small traveller's one. i m waiting to finish off my bareminerals powder to pour some over there and carry with me.

on 11/6/2014 7:59:00 PM

The small everyday travel compact is terrible. It doesn't allow powder to fall into top compartments for application. It malfunctions badly. Such a high quality product should nothaveineffectivecheap packaging. Makes it difficult to use.