Kryolan Translucent Powder

Kryolan Translucent Powder
Translucent Powder

4.6

Talc, dimethylimadazolidione rice starch, benzoyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, coumarin, limpoene, linalool, parfum /- others

The Kryolan Translucent Powder is one of the best (if not the best) setting powders out there!

I used already 2 big jars of it which I got during my makeup artist course, and I’m still using it (ordered a new one of course) because I just love how the powder performs!

I do think that it’s quite sad that not many people know or talk about Kryolan as it is a fantastic company that works on their own products and formulas! And Kryolan still have all the rights which mean it’s owned by them and not Estee Lauder or L’Oréal or what so ever!

Many people think that it’s only for makeup artists, but it isn’t! Everyone can get their hands on their product and if you do so, try the powder because it’s absolutely amazing!!

I love using a small face brush and use the powder to set the concealer and then a larger one to dust it evenly over my face. It keeps my makeup stay put all day long, as I need it here in the tropics!

on 11/5/2016 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Its really good, I have been using it for 2 months now every single day and I am loving it.I wear makeup for at least 8 hours every day and in the end I am not oily.

on 9/1/2016 12:24:00 PM

I bought this last week , the 20 gr size ( there is also a 60 gr size) for 10 euros at my local Kryolan shop. WOW i just fell in love with this. I have tried already three different foundations underneath the powder and eight hours later nothing has shifted or melted away. I have oily combo skin and most foundations dont last on my t zone. well not anymore. its also great for underneath my eyes to set concealer, i have tried it with an spf foundation which was not transfer free and used to end up all over the place and with this powder it lasted all day long on my face. I use a brush to tap it on my face just a bit goes a long way, no reason to bake and all of that. Translucent doesnt change the color of the foundation. Just perfect...Love it. my fav powder for sure!!

on 4/22/2016 11:37:00 AM

I have been using this for about 15 years now and I think it's the best translucent loose powder I have tried/used. I have tried many high end powders but I think this is the best on my skin. Never looks cakey, it is mattifying and just has a beautiful sheer look. I just use some concealer on blemishes, Skinceuticals Mineral Sunscreen (colourless), my MAC blush and this powder. This powder makes my skin look so much better that it is!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this one on TL 9. I use it on myself and on clients. I really works on almost any skin tone I ever worked on from medium to dark. it's sheer with peach undertones but it doesn't change the shade of foundation /concealer underneath unless you are really fair. Also it settles great under the eye area. The packaging looks kinda cheap and it's not the best, but the product inside is high quality.

on 4/11/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use it on my face and under eye area for setting. It makes my makeup long lasting, such an amazing powder. It also has quite good value. There is just one dissappointment for me; its packaging quality is TERRIBLE.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I like this powder a lot, more so then the Ben Nye Banana powder it works very well setting my foundation and it warms up foundations that are not quite yellow enough for me, I got the travel size for 12 dollars in Chicago and I think it will last quite a long time.

on 2/25/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a staple in my kit! This translucent powder works well with most foundations, from my Ellis Faas to MAC foundation. When I apply this, I like to use a powder puff. I use a gentle rolling motion to press this powder into the skin and it creates a beautiful finish and lasts all day. For the price, it's fantastic value. It lasts for a long time.

Compared to some pricier powders, I think Kryolan Translucent Powder is good quality with a finely milled velvety texture and great colour range. Obviously it won't impart a lot of colour onto the skin but you can still choose from very light to dark colours depending on your skin tone. I am an NC44 in MAC but I can get away with using Kryolan's TL11 on my skin. It actually takes away some of the 'yellow' from my MAC foundation and works well with my skin as the TL11 has a slight beige/pinky tone to the powder.

I highly recommend this powder if you can get your hands on it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this along side Revlon Colorstay liquid oily/combination foundation and it works wonderfully. I've used it for a couple of years now and I'd never go back. I found that other powders gave my skin a dirty look with a poor blend of colours, but this just blends right into your foundation (obvs because it's translucent). Plus this stuff literally lasts forever! I've been using it for a couple of years and I'm only about one third of the way through my second tub. It stays on all day and literally doesn't come off until I remove my make up. If you want a natural looking powder then this is the one to go for.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

One of the best setting powder I have ever used. A little goes a long way. I hate the packaging though, but its okay. Would definitely re purchase and a staple in my collection!