Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Ammonium Chloride, PEG 5 Cocamide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Dimethicone Copolyol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200), Violet 2 (CI 60730)

on 6/25/2016 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My scalp is dry and sensitive, and my short, wavy-curly, color-treated hair is on the dry side.

I dilute this clarifying shampoo half and half with distilled water. It's more gentle for my hair and scalp and just as effective as using it full strength.

I've done this successfully with other clarifying shampoos and my hair and scalp always respond favorably.

I have long fine asian hair, and a lot of it. I'm not sure is my scalp really oily, or is the weather here in Hong Kong (super hot and high humidity) makes me need to wash my hair daily. I tried many dry shampoo hoping to wash my hair less frequent but failed, as the air pollution in HK together with the humidity and heat, you need to shower every day anyway, so I give up the dry shampoo and start looking for some nice shampoo and conditioner which could be moisturizing but wont weight down my hair. I tried sooooooo many products throughout the year, salon and drug store but none of them work, many many shampoos weight my hair down so bad and my hair would start to looks oily by noon! Later I discovered the only type of shampoo is really light weight is clarifying shampoo, but sadly the one I used makes my hair so so dry, hardly use daily, I was really hopeless. Then I read the comments and review about the Suave daily clarifying shampoo and find it seems to be the shampoo I am always looking for, so I ordered 2 bottles from amazon (the shipping cost even more expensive than the product!) and I have been using it for a week, now I’m hooked! Totally satisfy with the results, it is exactly as described in the helpful reviews here! My hair feel so clean, light weighted, shiny yet not drying at all! Wonderful products, cannot believe no store is selling Suave here in HK, people here really need this shampoo!

To Read all 457 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great clarifying shampoo. I can't use it every day though or it would dry out my hair. I use it every 3-4 weeks to remove any build-up. I find that after using it my conditioners and deep treatments/masks work a lot better, which is great! I love the consistency and the easy soft lather. I usually apply oil to my hair an hour before washing my hair with it, it removes it perfectly from just one round. I never repeat as that would leave my hair a mess. This does not particularly make my hair any more tangled than any other shampoo, it simply is not its job to do that, that's why you always need to follow with a rich conditioner or a deep conditioner.

I love this clarifying shampoo. It strips all the product and build up and leaves my hair bouncy and clean. I wish I could use it every day.

I LOOOOOOOVE this shampoo! I have super long, thin, wavy, oily hair. I have had so much trouble finding a shampoo that would suit my hair since every shampoo either made my hair super dry and straw-like or super oily and flat. Plus my hair is super weird because it is oily at the roots and dry at the bottom. Well, after reading the reviews on this shampoo, I decided to give it a go! best decision I ever made!!As another reviewer said, I also alternate between this shampoo and the suave sleek shampoo, following I always use the Suave sleek conditioner, which I only apply to the bottom and BOOM My hair is beautiful now! My hair is so voluminous and soft now, this shampoo combined with the Suave sleek conditioner are a miracle for my hair! it smells great and the price is amazing ;) if you have the same hair as me, I would definitely try this shampoo out!

Tried this out at my boyfriend's house and I'm not impressed. It does clean really well but it strips everything out of my hair, every ounce of moisture and leaves it really limp. I much prefer the Neutrogena anti residue to this. Not going to use it again.
Edit: had to rate it a one lippy after all because this shampoo gave me the worst hair day I've had in years.

on 4/8/2016 1:28:00 PM

I bought this because of libbyfranc's review. Her description of her hair issues sounded so much like mine--oily scalp, dry/sensitized ends, extremely hard municipal water, etc., that I decided to give this a go. I had been using Neutrogena residue removing shampoo for a long time, but it dries my hair out pretty badly, so I was only able to use it at most twice a week. I needed a daily clarifying shampoo, and this one is so cheap, I thought, why not? I LOVE it. I have been using it exclusively for several months now, and I can't think of a negative. It smells nice, it cleans everything out of my hair without sucking the life out of it. Yes, my hair is tangled after shampooing, but that happens with all shampoos. I have a ton of hair and it's fine, so that's par for the course. Sounds like I need to try the matching conditioner as well.

on 3/19/2016 7:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my holy grail for a shampoo. I am on my third bottle of this and will run to my nearest drugstore to repurchase when I run out! I have dry, course hair and this product works wonders. I have tried my fair share of expensive and inexpensive shampoos and nothing comes close!! The low price is an added bonus for this wonderful product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This product ravaged my hair, left it a tangled mess in the shower. Bottom line, this product is too harsh. It took forever to comb out my hair even after deep conditioning. Will not purchase again, going back to my Pantene clarifying shampoo which is much gentler.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Let me start off by saying that I live in Texas, and the water in the Houston and Austin areas is hard, heavily chlorinated, and not the cleanest. :/ I grew up in Michigan, and was spoiled on clean fresh water from the Great Lakes. When I moved to Texas a couple of years ago, I noticed my beautiful long hair started going to crap- the ends were splitting and breaking faster than you could say lickety split, my hair was becoming dry and brittle, but at the same time left with an oily waxy film on it. It felt, looked, and smelled disgusting. And NOTHING was working- none of my original shampoos and conditioners, and nothing new I tried- both expensive and cheap. Ended up cutting off about 5 inches of my long, fine red hair due to what I call Texas water damage. I thought I was going to have to go full pixie cut and cry, but then I found this. :) Clarifying shampoos and conditioners are the only products I have found that work on my hair in hard, chlorinated, not-the-cleanest water. And the one by Suave has been the best of them all so far. :)

The shampoo leaves my hair feeling soft, clean, tangle-free, and just ever so lightly scented. It has a nice clean scent. I like the pretty pale blue color, too. :) I love the way it feels when it lathers up- lots of suds, and my fingers just slide right through my hair, so easily. A little bit goes a long way! And it cleans out all the build-up of other products, while removing chlorine as well. Definitely leaves my hair feeling CLEAN. And I LOVE the price! *^_^* Less than $2 for a giant bottle, and can be easily found at most Walmarts and Targets. I use this shampoo every day; as I said, clarifying shampoos are the only ones that will work in this water for me. I do follow this up with the conditioner (which is just as lovely), as using the shampoo alone can be drying on the hair over time and leave it feeling static-y. I do have color treated hair, and this can cause the color to fade quicker. However, for the clean results it gives my hair, I don't mind, and just color more often, lol. Overall, highly recommend this shampoo! ^_^

*If this sounds like your hair, check your local water supply- it may be causing the damage to hair and skin.