Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Ammonium Chloride, PEG 5 Cocamide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Dimethicone Copolyol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200), Violet 2 (CI 60730)

on 9/22/2017 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This clarified my dry fine long highlighted hair. However, my hair was dried out and a rats next of tangles even after using my regular hydrating repair conditioner by SOMA. If you have dry, tangle prone hair, I would avoid this shampoo. I have tried Prell in the past with good results.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a no for me. It doesn't leave my hair feeling soft and light- on the contrary; my hair is dull and course-feeling. That same feeling I get from this shampoo goes for all other Suave shampoos I've used too; so much so that I can probably tell a Suave shampoo in a double blind test. I'd much prefer to use Vo5; it's also a cheaper shampoo and makes my hair look great. But, this is the last time I buy Suave for my hair, I'm using this as a body wash just to get rid of it.

on 7/24/2017 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

You don't know what you have until it's gone. I didn't realize how much my hair liked this shampoo until I was done with it and bought other shampoos to replace it. My hair gets greasy way quicker, and it doesn't really feel clean going out of the shower anyways. It is dirt cheap, I definitely would keep repurchasing.

on 5/23/2017 1:35:00 AM

Super drying, stripped my hair completely

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't like this shampoo at all, my hair gets very flat and lifeless when I use it.

Two lipsticks because it does clarify and it's a good brush cleaner. For my hair, I'll be sticking with Neutrogena anti residue.

on 8/9/2017 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This review can basically mirror my review for Vo5's Herbal Escapes clarifying shampoo. Does it do the trick? Heck yeah. That build up will be stripped...along with all the other oils on your head. For thick wavy, naturally dry hair like mine that's not really a great thing, at least not very often. In the summer I can use this about once a month safely, to make sure silicone buildup is at a minimum. In the winter I use this as an act of desperation, because my hair has become a mass of silicone buildup with no volume or movement. For me that squeaky clean feeling just means that long term I'll be bummed out with dry, straw-like hair. If I had super fine oily hair I might sing a different tune.

So just like Vo5, why an overall good review? This works really well for washing brushes. It's cheap and you can find it at any drug store. You don't have to worry about accidentally using too much because a dime size amount really only amounts to pennies ...or a penny. I'm not sure. That might be some fun math. Either way, it's worth having a small spot on your beauty shelf even if you aren't using it for its advertised purpose.

I find this completely comparable to the Vo5 clarifying option. I'd pick the Suave over Vo5 if lined up side by side, only because of the lighter scent. The Vo5 has that lab-created "fruit" scent common among cheap shampoo. It's a small thing though, I almost never smell shampoo on my hair or makeup brushes once they've been properly rinsed, so it's an almost nonexistent determining factor.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've tried this clarifying shampoo on and off for several months. Im not going to try it anymore because it just leaves my hair flat, dull, & messy. Plus, the bottle is bulky. It smells ok. It was cheap and sometimes you do get what you pay for.

on 3/2/2017 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My hair is extremely fine and wavy, so it gets weighed down incredibly easily and when it does, those waves go out the window. This is the first shampoo I've found that doesn't coat my hair or weigh it down. I've used it when I've had short hair, long hair, and medium-length hair, and it works beautifully every time. It has a very pleasant scent and you just can't beat the price and value. I can also see using it for cleaning makeup brushes.

on 1/3/2017 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Best clarifying shampoo ever - I use it once a week at the end of the week to rid my hair of all the buildup from styling products. However, I also use this to clean all my makeup brushes and my makeup RT sponge. I highly recommend using this for a makeup accessories cleaner vs. baby shampoo - if you are sensitive to strong, perfume smells. I tried using baby shampoo to clean my brushes, but it left too strong of a bothersome afterscent. This stuff leaves pretty much nothing but a clean smell behind. May want to be careful using this on real hair type of brushes, but I have all synthetic and it works great.

For the dollar you spend for such a huge bottle - it's such a steal.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I will continue to repurchase this shampoo over and over. It's lightweight and non-damaging/drying. It cleans a weeks worth of dry shampoo and product build up so well and leaves my hair feeling soft and clean.

I have fine, wavy hair that tends to fall flat. This shampoo cleans my hair without leaving a residue or weighing it down. The scent is clean but not overpowering. Great product!