Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Ammonium Chloride, PEG 5 Cocamide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Dimethicone Copolyol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200), Violet 2 (CI 60730)

on 1/18/2019 4:21:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I used to use this all of the time* and I don't know why I stopped. Maybe because it's so inexpensive, I thought I could do better if I paid more.

I'd been using Pantene Sheer Volume for the past 8 mths or so. My hair was feeling coated down to the scalp, dry, and frizzy. While I don't think the Pantene SV was the cause (or was it?), it certainly wasn't helping matters or clarifying very well. I used this today and, finally, my hair feels clean and full again. I also noticed that I could use it without monitoring the amount as carefully, to prevent getting that overstripped feeling like I would with the Pantene SV.

(* The shampoo I just bought is light blue and not clear like the one pictured here. "Waterfall mist" is now absent on the label, and it says "Essentials Daily Clarifying" but the color, consistency and scent are identical to what I used to use. And even if it isn't the same exact product, relabeled- no matter, the performance is the same.)

I would give this 5 stars but the scent of the the Essentials Daily Clarifying blue version is just ok-- it sort of smells like fresh laundry. It's not terrible, but it is fairly strongly scented and not my personal preference. (I like coconut/tropical/fruit scents). Next time I'll buy the (presumably unscented?) clear version.

on 1/5/2019 1:08:00 PM

I love this shampoo!!! My hair is very fine, but there's a lot of it, and it gets sweaty and dirty easily with my job. This cut through all of the dirt and grime to make my hair feel soft again. I actually would use this everyday and it never dried out my hair. The biggest selling point for my was how long the bottle lasted. I started using it almost everyday since August 2017, and I just used it up this week - January 2019. Wow! Since I only paid like $2 for this huge bottle, I feel like it definitely was a great value. I would definitely buy this again, because I can always find a Wal-Mart to buy some when traveling.

on 11/25/2018 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very nice clarifying shampoo for daily use and quite affordable.

on 5/12/2018 10:19:00 PM

Daily clarifying shampoo sounds a bit counterintuitive to me because these should be used only once a week. It strips off the residue fairly well on my hair. I can imagine using this daily will surely dry out one's hair.

I've used a few shampoos in my day (high end,low end, and everything in between). I never buy the same thing twice. Since using this shampoo my husband has told me five times that my hair is shiny and "glowing". I have damaged blonde hair. My hair does not shine or glow, even with "shine sprays". Looks like I'll be buying the same shampoo twice.

on 9/22/2017 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This clarified my dry fine long highlighted hair. However, my hair was dried out and a rats next of tangles even after using my regular hydrating repair conditioner by SOMA. If you have dry, tangle prone hair, I would avoid this shampoo. I have tried Prell in the past with good results.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a no for me. It doesn't leave my hair feeling soft and light- on the contrary; my hair is dull and course-feeling. That same feeling I get from this shampoo goes for all other Suave shampoos I've used too; so much so that I can probably tell a Suave shampoo in a double blind test. I'd much prefer to use Vo5; it's also a cheaper shampoo and makes my hair look great. But, this is the last time I buy Suave for my hair, I'm using this as a body wash just to get rid of it.

on 8/9/2017 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This review can basically mirror my review for Vo5's Herbal Escapes clarifying shampoo. Does it do the trick? Heck yeah. That build up will be stripped...along with all the other oils on your head. For thick wavy, naturally dry hair like mine that's not really a great thing, at least not very often. In the summer I can use this about once a month safely, to make sure silicone buildup is at a minimum. In the winter I use this as an act of desperation, because my hair has become a mass of silicone buildup with no volume or movement. For me that squeaky clean feeling just means that long term I'll be bummed out with dry, straw-like hair. If I had super fine oily hair I might sing a different tune.

So just like Vo5, why an overall good review? This works really well for washing brushes. It's cheap and you can find it at any drug store. You don't have to worry about accidentally using too much because a dime size amount really only amounts to pennies ...or a penny. I'm not sure. That might be some fun math. Either way, it's worth having a small spot on your beauty shelf even if you aren't using it for its advertised purpose.

I find this completely comparable to the Vo5 clarifying option. I'd pick the Suave over Vo5 if lined up side by side, only because of the lighter scent. The Vo5 has that lab-created "fruit" scent common among cheap shampoo. It's a small thing though, I almost never smell shampoo on my hair or makeup brushes once they've been properly rinsed, so it's an almost nonexistent determining factor.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't like this shampoo at all, my hair gets very flat and lifeless when I use it.

Two lipsticks because it does clarify and it's a good brush cleaner. For my hair, I'll be sticking with Neutrogena anti residue.

on 7/24/2017 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

You don't know what you have until it's gone. I didn't realize how much my hair liked this shampoo until I was done with it and bought other shampoos to replace it. My hair gets greasy way quicker, and it doesn't really feel clean going out of the shower anyways. It is dirt cheap, I definitely would keep repurchasing.

Popular Shampoos