Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Ammonium Chloride, PEG 5 Cocamide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Dimethicone Copolyol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200), Violet 2 (CI 60730)

on 1/3/2017 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Best clarifying shampoo ever - I use it once a week at the end of the week to rid my hair of all the buildup from styling products. However, I also use this to clean all my makeup brushes and my makeup RT sponge. I highly recommend using this for a makeup accessories cleaner vs. baby shampoo - if you are sensitive to strong, perfume smells. I tried using baby shampoo to clean my brushes, but it left too strong of a bothersome afterscent. This stuff leaves pretty much nothing but a clean smell behind. May want to be careful using this on real hair type of brushes, but I have all synthetic and it works great.

For the dollar you spend for such a huge bottle - it's such a steal.

on 6/25/2016 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My scalp is dry and sensitive, and my short, wavy-curly, color-treated hair is on the dry side.

I dilute this clarifying shampoo half and half with distilled water. It's more gentle for my hair and scalp and just as effective as using it full strength.

I've done this successfully with other clarifying shampoos and my hair and scalp always respond favorably.

I have long fine asian hair, and a lot of it. I'm not sure is my scalp really oily, or is the weather here in Hong Kong (super hot and high humidity) makes me need to wash my hair daily. I tried many dry shampoo hoping to wash my hair less frequent but failed, as the air pollution in HK together with the humidity and heat, you need to shower every day anyway, so I give up the dry shampoo and start looking for some nice shampoo and conditioner which could be moisturizing but wont weight down my hair. I tried sooooooo many products throughout the year, salon and drug store but none of them work, many many shampoos weight my hair down so bad and my hair would start to looks oily by noon! Later I discovered the only type of shampoo is really light weight is clarifying shampoo, but sadly the one I used makes my hair so so dry, hardly use daily, I was really hopeless. Then I read the comments and review about the Suave daily clarifying shampoo and find it seems to be the shampoo I am always looking for, so I ordered 2 bottles from amazon (the shipping cost even more expensive than the product!) and I have been using it for a week, now I’m hooked! Totally satisfy with the results, it is exactly as described in the helpful reviews here! My hair feel so clean, light weighted, shiny yet not drying at all! Wonderful products, cannot believe no store is selling Suave here in HK, people here really need this shampoo!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great clarifying shampoo. I can't use it every day though or it would dry out my hair. I use it every 3-4 weeks to remove any build-up. I find that after using it my conditioners and deep treatments/masks work a lot better, which is great! I love the consistency and the easy soft lather. I usually apply oil to my hair an hour before washing my hair with it, it removes it perfectly from just one round. I never repeat as that would leave my hair a mess. This does not particularly make my hair any more tangled than any other shampoo, it simply is not its job to do that, that's why you always need to follow with a rich conditioner or a deep conditioner.

I love this clarifying shampoo. It strips all the product and build up and leaves my hair bouncy and clean. I wish I could use it every day.

I LOOOOOOOVE this shampoo! I have super long, thin, wavy, oily hair. I have had so much trouble finding a shampoo that would suit my hair since every shampoo either made my hair super dry and straw-like or super oily and flat. Plus my hair is super weird because it is oily at the roots and dry at the bottom. Well, after reading the reviews on this shampoo, I decided to give it a go! best decision I ever made!!As another reviewer said, I also alternate between this shampoo and the suave sleek shampoo, following I always use the Suave sleek conditioner, which I only apply to the bottom and BOOM My hair is beautiful now! My hair is so voluminous and soft now, this shampoo combined with the Suave sleek conditioner are a miracle for my hair! it smells great and the price is amazing ;) if you have the same hair as me, I would definitely try this shampoo out!

Tried this out at my boyfriend's house and I'm not impressed. It does clean really well but it strips everything out of my hair, every ounce of moisture and leaves it really limp. I much prefer the Neutrogena anti residue to this. Not going to use it again.
Edit: had to rate it a one lippy after all because this shampoo gave me the worst hair day I've had in years.

Edit: used this at my house a few times and it's AWESOME! Guess it didn't go well at my boyfriend's house due to water difference? Now I use this 2x a month and it's a great clarifier.

on 4/8/2016 1:28:00 PM

I bought this because of libbyfranc's review. Her description of her hair issues sounded so much like mine--oily scalp, dry/sensitized ends, extremely hard municipal water, etc., that I decided to give this a go. I had been using Neutrogena residue removing shampoo for a long time, but it dries my hair out pretty badly, so I was only able to use it at most twice a week. I needed a daily clarifying shampoo, and this one is so cheap, I thought, why not? I LOVE it. I have been using it exclusively for several months now, and I can't think of a negative. It smells nice, it cleans everything out of my hair without sucking the life out of it. Yes, my hair is tangled after shampooing, but that happens with all shampoos. I have a ton of hair and it's fine, so that's par for the course. Sounds like I need to try the matching conditioner as well.

on 3/19/2016 7:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my holy grail for a shampoo. I am on my third bottle of this and will run to my nearest drugstore to repurchase when I run out! I have dry, course hair and this product works wonders. I have tried my fair share of expensive and inexpensive shampoos and nothing comes close!! The low price is an added bonus for this wonderful product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This product ravaged my hair, left it a tangled mess in the shower. Bottom line, this product is too harsh. It took forever to comb out my hair even after deep conditioning. Will not purchase again, going back to my Pantene clarifying shampoo which is much gentler.