2.6

price range

Reviews

from

a year ago

If I could give this a big fat 0 stars I would Bc this stuff is crap & will stain your teeth brown! I'm so upset I had used this garbage! & I was reading up on others people's reviews that said this crap had stained their teeth too! & in fact it even states on the crest website that staining of the teeth is possible too !

About reviewer (236 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

4 years ago

One of the only mouth rinses I can tolerate. I hate the taste of mouth rinses.

About reviewer (2443 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

from

5 years ago

I wish they would stop selling this stuff. Everytime I see a commercial for it I get so angry and feel sorry for the people who are going to go out and buy it. I used this religiously about a year or two ago and like SOOOO many other people it stained my teeth brown. I didn't connect it with the mouthwash right away, I freaked out thinking my teeth were rotting or something, I blamed it on my coffee drinking/smoking habit...but no it was this. The staining came off after a dental cleaning and I switched brands. I just feel like everyone should be warned. So so so gross

About reviewer (322 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

3.0

7 years ago

I only used this product for about a month because it was on sale at the store (buy one, get one). After I finished it I switched to Listerine Whitening Rinse. I wasn't unsatisfied, I just wanted a whitening rinse instead. However; after reading the reviews about all the staining, I'm glad I didn't use this product long term! I personally was happy with the taste and overall quality, but I only used it for about a month or two. (The bottles I bought were sort of small, and I brush my teeth 2-3 times daily, so mouth wash doesn't last long for me!) I would repurchase, but will proceed with caution after hearing about the staining in the other reviews posted!

About reviewer (286 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

7 years ago

As many other reviewers have mentioned, this stuff stained my teeth like nothing else. It was an okay mouthwash, nothing spectacular --- certainly not worth staining your teeth BROWN!! Luckily I've nursed my teeth back to whiteness with Sensodyne whitening and using baking soda once or twice a week. As the company claims, no, the staining is not permanent, but I don't think that matters. If your teeth are stained, they are stained; either way it's unattractive. Please stay away!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

I'm experiencing so much dry mouth from this mouthwash. I thought it was good at first but after using it for a week I'm almost positive the mouthwash is causing my symptoms. After reading all the complaints its probably better to buy a different brand.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

Used this 2x a day for 3 days. On day 2, I noticed some taste loss and a slight burnt feeling on my taste buds. i figured it was because I just started using mouth wash and was still adjusting. Day 3, I can barely taste anything and the chemical burn feeling is even more prevalent. I went online and looked up reviews and found SO many of the exact same complaints - it's crazy how many people have complained about this and then with prolonged use, it swells your parotid salivary glands, which means a swollen, painful jaw, and canker sores/blisters on the gums. This stuff needs to be taken off the market. I feel so stupid for buying this because I told my husband I chose this over his usual Listerine because the ingredients looked better.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

7 years ago

I used this mouthwash pretty much everyday for several years. I actually liked the taste of it (kind of like root beer to me) and it seemed to clean my mouth well and freshen my breath. However, a few months after I started using it I noticed these brown stains on my teeth like people are mentioning. It looked like I had been drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes heavily (neither of which I do). I didn't equate it to the mouth wash until much later when I stumbled onto these reviews on MUA. I would never have dreamed that something called Pro-Health would cause such issues. I have to thank the people who took the time to write these reviews about how awful this product is. I had to go to the dentist twice to remove the brown stains from my teeth! It also caused one of my salivary glands to swell. Now that I have discontinued use, there are no more stains and my mouth feels healthier. There is indeed a class action law suit against this product. I for one can't believe it is still on store shelves. If you use this product, I would consider switching brands, and if you are considering buying this product I would stay away from it! The dental bills and dark brown stains are not worth it.

About reviewer (591 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

7 years ago

This stuff stains teeth like nothing else. Initially I thought the staining was due to the caffeine I was drinking until I switched to drinking only water for a few months, but the stains kept appearing. I looked online to see if this mouthwash was the culprit and read so many complaints. It was given to me by my orthodontist so I figured it had to be good, but that's not the case. Staining aside, this stuff also leaves behind a weird purple stringy residue on my teeth that always gets caught in my braces. It looks like I have gum stuck in there. I stopped using this stuff about a week ago and the stains on my teeth have already started to fade. There are much better rinses out there, don't buy this one.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesOther

7 years ago

Love this stuff! I always get it in purple. For awhile I tried the Listerine version of this and it just can't compare!! This stuff never dries out my mouth, I swear it makes my teeth look whiter, and its got fluoride in it! What more can you want?

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinCombination