Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer

3.4

This is just ok. It works as promised in that it’s a subtle tanner that builds up with daily use. I’m about an NC35-NC40; I’ve tried this in both fair to medium and medium to dark and they really don’t differ much. There are two complaints I have about this product: 1. THE SMELL- ugh, this smells worse than ANY other self tanner I’ve used (including Mystic tans, salon applied airbrush tans, and home based tanners from drugstore to high end). All tanners smell but if I have to use a product daily I at least want the smell to be less offensive than something I only need to use once a week. 2. It’s not moisturizing like a lotion at all; it can’t take the place of a body lotion so it’s another step in my routine that has to be timed so my lotion doesn’t interfere with absorption. There’s nothing about this that is better than the many other options available and I won’t repurchase.

This is actually pretty good and the scent dissipates after several hours. I always thought I was allergic to self-tanners, but as it turns out, I am allergic to the tinted ones that have red dye in it that makes the bronze “color guide” so you can see where you applied it. The Jergen’s Natural Glow does not have dyes in it, and I’ve worn it about 5 times in the last 2 weeks with no weird tingly feeling or itchiness that I always get with the tanners with dye. Now that I know this information about dyes, I’m going to explore self-tanners without dyes that will get me darker quicker and then use the Jergens as a moisturizer to extend the tan. For refererence, my face is around NC 35 from being out in the sun, but my body is not...my legs specifically were probably about a NC 25 and this lotion brought them up to speed with my face and neck in about 4 uses. I want to get darker though so I’ll be trying other self-tanners, but this is good for a base tan or evening out parts of your body that need some color.

I’ve tried this product on and off over the past 10 or so years and have always been disappointed. I have to say with the new formula (I use the nourishing formula with black tea extract in medium/tan for reference) I’m pretty happy. I’m very pale with a pink undertone and I use this twice a week (I apply every 2/3 days) and I get a subtle colour that looks like I just spent a week in the sun. I think if you plan on using this every day you will run the risk of turning orange. It does have a slight DHA smell, but that tends to wear off after a few hours, but if you put this on before bed like I do it’s not a problem. This product does cling to dry spots, so I always make sure to use a heavy moisturizer on my elbows, knees, ankles, wrists, tops of toes and fingers. I apply it all over my body and then wash my hands from my wrists down. Then I apply a small pea sized amount on a dry beauty blender sponge and apply the lotion to the tops of my hands and fingers. Then for good measure use a baby wipe on the insides of my hands. I also put this on my face (very sparingly) and have never had a problem breaking out. It also fades pretty nicely if you moisturize with a deep moisturizer every day. It only stays tacky for a few minutes after application which is a bonus. With all that being said there are much better self tanners out there if you’re willing to spend the money. But if you want something inexpensive that does the trick without having to think about it too much, this is the product for you.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This product is absolutely essential to my summer beauty routine! My legs are always sooooo pale in the spring and early summer, and always lighter than my arms no matter what I do. I also have a few spider veins, and this product evens my skin tone, and makes me feel so much more confident when I wear skirts and dresses. I love that it's subtle enough to use a few times a week and still look natural.

To ensure an even application, I always apply after I shower and shave, and I use a regular lotion on ankles and knees first to make sure they don't get darker than the rest of my leg. And the bottle says to let dry "several minutes" before getting dressed, but I wait 10 minutes for good measure.

I ONLY use it on my legs so I can't speak for how it works on other areas, and I've never tried any other self tanning products so I don't know how it compares to others, but I can't imagine anything else being better.

It does have a smell to it, but it isn't strong enough to bother me. I will ALWAYS have this product on hand in the warm weather months and definitely recommend it to others.

I have used this product for years and loved it. They have changed the formula and it gave me cystic acne! I do get acne but I NEVER had cystic acne. I looked online and saw another review that also said she got cystic acne. She did not get acne at all.
BUYER BEWARE!

Really on the fence about this stuff. I pretty much use it religiously and end up having to exfoliate it all off pretty much every 10 days because of the way it fades. It definitely stays on in some areas, I really have to scrub with a loofa mitt and it will not come off with the Jergens pre-tan exfoliator, but of course in the obvious areas on my chest and arms it comes off when I don't want it to. It comes off SO patchy, it makes me look like I have vitiligo or some kind of skin condition. The smell doesn't bother me but I guess I wish it wasn't so thick either, because I easily go through one bottle every 3 weeks. I'll definitely keep repurchasing because the instant tanners I've used are too difficult to work with but I wouldn't give this 5 stars because it fades so weirdly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually find this to be a decent product. I'm pretty white; even in the summer I don't get much color (unless I burn). I use this all over for a few days, and then I have a nice bit of natural color that only needs to be touched up once or twice a week.

It's worth noting that I'm only after subtle color, not a really dramatic difference. This provides that and the fact that it's gradual helps me see where I've over and under applied and fix those areas.

Although I wear unscented lotion in general, the smell of this is not terrible or overpowering. It's not really all that moisturizing in itself, but I just apply a little regular lotion after giving this time to absorb if necessary.

I'd personally never put this (or any tanner) on my face because of my reactive, cranky skin. But for the rest of me, this is just the thing!

This product is HORRIBLE!!! I don't see how anyone can get good results. It is extremely orange, I can't believe how orange it is. It's super patchy, not gradual at all. I used it once, woke up to a high pigment of orange. This is not gradual at all. It's just like regular fake tan. I washed my hands right after and they are even a little stained. It looks ridiculous. I wanted to try Dove or Palmers but all they had available was this junk. The smell is decent but big deal.
"The bottle says award winning tan" - obvious lie, how can they lie that drastically? I don't understand. How hard is it to make the color brown? They do it for paint, foundation, etc. And high end tanning products. Why create a product if you can't get it right.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have tried this multiple times over the years, both for face and the body. It stinks. It breaks me out and I have clear skin that does not break out. It leaves an orange color behind, that wipes off when I wash my face. I love drugstore stuff too, but the TARTE product at $30 bucks is really good (I have tried so many). If you have lighter skin with rosy undertones, try the TARTE

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm a pale redhead with freckles. Typically use lightest to second lightest colour foundation. Easy to apply, colour building gradually over several days of use. Lasts a few showers after last application. Would have preferred more brownish tone rather than yellow, but overall pleasant, natural appearance. Beware of over pigmented elbows and under pigmented wrists/hands if you wash your hands regularly.

Mild breakout on my face since starting the product, I believe the product may be clogging my pores. Still, acne is less noticeable than it would be on my original pale skin. I'm not a body lotion person in general, and the product is a bit pricey so I wouldn't use this in my regular routine. Product is very hydrating, but I'm not a fan of the "freshly moisturized" feeling- if you use lotion regularly, then you'll probably enjoy. Scent mildly unpleasent, lingers a few hours.

Nice to improve appearance leading up to a special event.

Pros: Natural colour, easy application
Con: mild odor, possible facial breakouts