Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture Eye Palette - Eye On Neutral 02

Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture Eye Palette - Eye On Neutral 02

4.3

on 5/19/2016 12:41:00 PM

My favorite matte palette. I use this often, it has perfect neutral warm Browns and they blend really easily.

My favorite color is the peanut butter one. So pretty

Love this for traveling.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the matte palette as there are two neutral 12 pan palettes, one matte, one shimmery, and some reviewers fail to note this.

I think this palette is ok if you are looking for a selection of matte shades to incorporate into your looks, but can't bring yourself to spend $45+ for a designer name matte palette that hasn't gotten top reviews. The colors take a little work to build and blend, are a little powdery and chalky just like everyone says (so tap your brush before applying) and work best over a primer so you don't lose the look you worked so hard for.

To Read all 88 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/17/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a drugstore "dupe" for the Viseart Neutral Matte palette.

I usually wear these without a primer so they do wear off as the day goes by, however, they actually show up very pigmented at first so I am sure if I added a primer they would be even more vibrant and would probably stay longer.

I will add, in comparison to my elf eyeshadows, the elf eyeshadows stay on longer without a primer.....

The other problem is, they're very flakey and there is a lot of fallout during application and all over your palette.

Overall, I really don't think it's worth the price of $19.99. If I could get it cheaper, I would, since I really like this palette and love the colors. I am a neutral typa gal

on 1/20/2016 7:14:00 PM

This brand in general is so overlooked. This is one of my favorite things from this line. I use one of the shades for my brows and a mix of two colors for my contour. This stuff is amazing.

I love how matte it is. It has SO many great neutral shades. This was the only eyeshadow pallet I used for the longest time. I hate any sparkle (my creases end up looking ridiculous at the end of the day) so this was definitely worth it! (I always use Urban Decay eyeshadow primer as well)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Behold, the other Christmas present from my husband!

Yeah, I'll admit - I had mixed feelings because while I don't have a Viseart budget, I also don't anticipate actually hitting pan for quite some time and, naturally, this led to me going back and forth telling myself, "Yeeeah .. but Viseart's less than $7/shadow and you've paid more than that for some of your Maybelline Color Tattoo pots ... ".

That's quite true. Thankfully the decision was taken out of my hands and wouldn't you know it? Santa had way too much eggnog and crashed into the house leaving makeup all over the place. Damn reindeers broke the autocruise, or so I'm told.

So there are 12 shades and while this is a neutral palette it's definitely more warm than cool - in fact I think there are only two shades which would be considered more cool-toned. It's what you would expect from a matte palette in terms of the shades; nothing mind-boggling or scary, just a good selection of staples.

The lightest shade on the upper left didn't want to play nicely, and I didn't use the darkest shade on the bottom. The rest I tested with Milani primer on one eye and no primer on the other.

Feel: softer than I expected. I figured I might have to dig a bit, but nope.

Application: I went completely overboard without realizing it. They do go on very smoothly for the most part although two shades did suffer from a minor case of the patchies on the unprimed lid.

Blendiness: Dreamlike. Very easy to blend and they don't all become that awful dirty dishwater gray.

Longevity. Ah. This is where we separate the boys from the men. With primer, hours and hours including running and slaving over a hot stove. The unprimed eye didn't do nearly so well though. I had a bit of creasing after about 4 hours, and it became quite noticeable after 6. Nevertheless they didn't become a muddy mess and I've suffered that from more expensive palettes once or twice. And less expensive palettes, let's be honest.

Ultimately this is a very, very good quality set that's worth every penny. Maybe one day I'll go for the Viseart darker color mattes, but I'm glad Sonia won out in this instance.

(One thing - as of yesterday Target stores in WA are phasing out their Sonia Kashuk makeup lines. I have no idea whether the rest of the country will follow suit but wanted to mention it in case anyone lives local)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

The only reason why I wouldn't buy this again is because I have a large collection...that said, it's a good palette. The formula is a bit on the dry side and it's a bit powdery. But with my Urban Decay eye primer, these shadows last all day long! The colors are beautiful, browns and grays - awesome! The black is truly black, which is AWESOME!! The lighter colors were a bit chalky on me, but I've got a deeper skin tone. This a nice go-to palette for everyday looks or for an office/professional job. I do like having it in my collection when I'm working with other palettes that don't have blending/transition colors. It will last a long time in my collection :)

on 10/28/2015 11:54:00 PM

This pallete is great for everyday wear. You can go all out and create a smoky look or a natural look. The possibilities are endless with these, especially if you just wanna play around with it or mix and match it with a different eyeshadow.

Use an eye primer for a lasting finish and they're easy enough to work with (I use a cheap eyeshadow brush: ELF crease eyeshadow brush)...

The packaging could have been more stable..for the price of $19.99 +tax

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I found this did nothing to flatter my pale skin and green eyes. However my mother, whom is tan with grey eyes, loves it. I gave her a huge bag of MU I was too lazy to return. This is one of the very few things she wanted out of it. She's very picky when it comes to MU (I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree, eh?).

The pigmentation and texture are awesome. These aren't as buttery as Wet n Wild shades. However, they definitely aren't dry. You will get a lot of color pay off. I prefer very buttery shadows but the one downside is they crumble a lot easier. This palette shows no sign of wear and tear. She uses it daily.

Just because I wouldn't repurchase this doesn't mean it's a bad product. The shades were just too brown toned for my coloring. Sonia Kashuk however, is an AWESOME quality drugstore brand.

on 9/7/2015 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I absolutely love this palette and it has a great combination of neutral and cool tones. I reach for it everyday the cost of $20 is very affordable. The shadows last for hours when applied with a primer. I purchased this to use with other palettes as transitional colors. I purchase this product at Target when I went to and the MAC store and they ran out of the 15 color neutral palette however, I needed something immediately so I went to Target and ran across this. I am very happy with my purchase and love the consistency and the pigmentation of this this product. It does not have any fall out and I would definitely purchase it again the quality for the price is amazing.