Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture Eye Palette - Eye On Neutral 02

Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture Eye Palette - Eye On Neutral 02
http://nerdgirlbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/04/review-Eye Couture Eye Palette - Eye On Neutral 02

4.3

on 10/20/2016 1:25:00 AM

I love this eyeshadow palette. It has the perfect combination of matte colours. Although a few are very similar in color and don't actually look that different on skin. But that's ok because of how useable these colours are. I use this palette everyday whether it is for a natural daytime look or a darker, smokey night out look. The black shade is pigmented and can be used as a liner.

The packaging is my least favourite part of this palette. It is great for when you are looking at it in the store because you can see all the colours. But I find that it is too big to fit in some of my makeup bags. The clear plastic gets quite dirty which isn't pleasant to look at and makes the palette look cheap.

I love it. I remember I looked really hard for this product, especially since I don't live in the US.

I love how the colors are very earthy and all matte. The shadow is easy to blend and has good pigmentation.

At $19.99 of course it is much more expensive compared with other drugstore brands. But trust me it is worth every dollar. I would say it is almost on par with the high-end brands.

The colors are very friendly for daily use. I use some colors for contouring too.

I would suggest this if you want matte eyeshadow palette but reluctant to spend much money for the high-end ones.

on 5/19/2016 12:41:00 PM

My favorite matte palette. I use this often, it has perfect neutral warm Browns and they blend really easily.

My favorite color is the peanut butter one. So pretty

Love this for traveling.

on 3/13/2016 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an amazing neutral matte palette. All the shadows are so buttery and smooth and easy to blend and well pigmented. This is a great palette for neutral lovers. I cannot praise it enough. Definitely repurchasing.

on 3/7/2016 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'll start by saying I REALLY enjoy this product.
The reason for giving 0/5 lillpy removed for the all the powder that flies everywhere when I dab my brush in each shadow. Limited fall out if I brush off extra off my brush.
The shadows themselves are very creamy and pigmented. They last better than some high end shadows without primer! They do not crease. I love the color selection, which is really hard to find at the drugstore. I am used to very shimmery/glittery palettes, not even plaettes, quads/trios from the drugstore, so this is a nice surprise. I would compare this to the Stila Mind palette, which has similar pigment, slightly less powdery though. Also the main difference is the brownish orange shade, which leans more on the orange side. I don't have anything like that shadow, and it's become super useful. Wishing the SK palette has a closer shade to it.
The final 0.5 removed is for the price. Although not as bad as urban decay at 50$+USD, but not as cheap as something like the Maybelline nudes palette at 10$USD, it lies somewhere in between. Since I live in Canada its 30% extra for conversion plus tax and shipping making the price a lot closer to the urban decay palette.
If you live in USA I definitely think it's something to look into, as the quality is amazing, and although not super cheap, it is much less than high end makeup, making the value for product better as well. If you live in Canada or elsewhere in the world where you have to pay high shipping costs and other fees, not as worth it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think this palette is ok if you are looking for a selection of matte shades to incorporate into your looks, but can't bring yourself to spend $45+ for a designer name matte palette that hasn't gotten top reviews. The colors take a little work to build and blend, are a little powdery and chalky just like everyone says (so tap your brush before applying) and work best over a primer so you don't lose the look you worked so hard for. Even with primer they fade a little on me by the end of a long work day.
I have a light skin tone and the top 3 colors don't show on me at all, so I use these as a base color. Some of the mid-range browns look different in the pan but similar on the eye. The grey shade didn't work for me and the black is too chalky to use, even when wet. Despite this not being the best of the best, I would get this if for some reason I had to replace all of my makeup and couldn't afford to get the matte palette I like best. I think it would be a great intro choice to anyone starting out with makeup.

on 2/17/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a drugstore "dupe" for the Viseart Neutral Matte palette.

I usually wear these without a primer so they do wear off as the day goes by, however, they actually show up very pigmented at first so I am sure if I added a primer they would be even more vibrant and would probably stay longer.

I will add, in comparison to my elf eyeshadows, the elf eyeshadows stay on longer without a primer.....

The other problem is, they're very flakey and there is a lot of fallout during application and all over your palette.

Overall, I really don't think it's worth the price of $19.99. If I could get it cheaper, I would, since I really like this palette and love the colors. I am a neutral typa gal

on 2/9/2016 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I saw this on Allure's beauty reviews & thought about it for a long time before buying it at Target today.

The colors swatched so nicely & nicely pigmented, but the lighter/highlighter shades & the different shades of brown don't show up well on my medium skin tone :( The only ones that do show well was the brick red color (which took a lot of building up) & the black which is a very dark black. Not charcoal black, but not faded.

And for the some reason, the darkest brown & the purple look exactly the same on my eyes, but not in the swatches :( I'm so sad it didn't work out for me!

on 1/20/2016 7:14:00 PM

This brand in general is so overlooked. This is one of my favorite things from this line. I use one of the shades for my brows and a mix of two colors for my contour. This stuff is amazing.

I love how matte it is. It has SO many great neutral shades. This was the only eyeshadow pallet I used for the longest time. I hate any sparkle (my creases end up looking ridiculous at the end of the day) so this was definitely worth it! (I always use Urban Decay eyeshadow primer as well)