3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Very bad packaging but the actual product is awesome. It does what it says: your oily areas WILL stay matte. Some people find it cakey but I have found a way to minimize this effect. I like to put a lot of this powder with a sponge in my whole face (I have oily combo skin) and THEN take a clean, big powder brush with soft bristles ( I use the ecotools powder brush) to blend and take away the extra product in my face. I do not bake with this technique but this helps me have a flawless finish and helps reduce the appearance of my pores, as well. This powder has a slightest but pleasant smell. Very good value for money and good staying power.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesOther

3 years ago

Been using it for more than 4 years. Very cheap and very very good product with good staying power. Even if I have dry skin, I do sometimes get shiny on my T-zone and this powder prevents that. Never had problems with it, like breakouts or anything. I really hope they do not discontinue this product but they should make the packaging better. It is very easy to break it.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

3 years ago

It does mattify the skin but leaves it cakey if you put too much and even when you touch up after a few hours (which you'll need to) as this powder only does it's job for an hour—2 tops. It can also accentuate fine lines and dry spots on the face.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3 years ago

I love this as a finishing product. My nose gets shiny so I just dab it on my nose and forehead and go.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

3 years ago

I'm on my second one and i use the natural shade. I bought it for 3.99 at Target. First of all, how many powders with that much product can you get so cheap? But that's not even why i love it. I expect a lot out of my powders. I want to be able to use it over primer and be done when I'm in a hurry. This one stands up to the challenge. All shine is gone, and it even covers quite a bit of the redness from my occasional pimple. I'm not trying to say it covers completely alone, but it does a hell of a job. Later in the day i dust a bit more on and my face looks good again. Yea the packaging sucks, its cheap, but so is the price. Eventually my first lid cracked and then the powder did too. But but then it was pretty low and i was still able to use it at home as a loose powder. I really love Rimmel.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Straight, Fine

3.0

3 years ago

I had bought this thinking it was going to be amazing and life hanging for me but I just don't like it. It clings to all of my dry spots and makes my face look cakey. It did keep my skin very nice and matte throughout the whole day and made my makeup last long though. For people with very oily skin I would definitely recommend this but to those with dry patches just be weary!!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

3 years ago

I have this powder in the translucent shade and it makes my makeup look so matte with so little product! Plus it has no white cast. The only con is the packaging - its a bit of a weird packaging and sometimes hard to get open. Totally worth it though!

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

Wasn't terrible, but wasn't great. Bought it for maybe 1.50$ or 2$ Canadian on clearance at WalMart. This is the Rita Ora collab version and I have the shade Translucent, but it still has a little bit of pigment. I use this to set my under eyes and my whole face when needed. I really don't like the packaging, it feels cheap and it's annoying to have the top come completely off. I find myself having to search for the lid because I put it down then moved it or wasn't paying attention. A hinged lid with a mirror would be nice. I highly doubt the powder would survive being dropped. The product is pretty powdery, and using even a little bit too much results in a cake-y mess. It can make my under eyes look really dry and crepey if I use a bit too much, and it clings to dry patches on my face even with moisturizer underneath my foundation/ concealer. I've found it works best if I press it in with a makeup sponge instead of powder it on with a brush, otherwise it looks very powdery. I'd say for dry skin this might be a miss. I do like to use it to touch up the areas where I get slightly oily (T zone) but need to use it sparingly. I doubt I'll be able to use this in the winter when my skin dries out more.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2.0

3 years ago

Loved this product so much - very subtle if you use a light hand and keeps makeup matte without being drying, however I realised after a month or two that the random breakouts of cystic spots I was having (I rarely get spots and don't have particularly oily skin) was due to this powder ???? They only ever appeared in the spots I regularly dab powder - and to double check I applied to a few extra places on my face (like the perimeter of my face) and lo and behold broke out in a couple of large, long lasting ones there too, some of the worst I've ever had in fact as they are really resistant to usual remedies. Sad to have to let it go but it's really affected my skin so have to give it a thumbs down.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I LOVE this product! It is a very nice powder, it feels very lightweight on the skin and keeps my foundation/bb cream/concealer on all day. I do find that when I apply a little too much underneath the eyes it gets a little cakey but that is a user error. The only complaint I have is, the lid likes to pop off a lot in my makeup bag, the packaging is a little crappy, but the product itself is amazing, and even better, it is super affordable! Will be a constant repurchase.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair