3.8

price range

Reviews

2.0

3 years ago

This product does what it says - it keeps your mu matte for a long time BUT only if you want a heavy cakey look. I use a BB cream which is a light to medium coverage and it took me a couple of days to work out why it was looking so heavy. As a more mature lady this is not a good look. I have tried this with a brush and puff but it always ends up cakey. Additionally the packaging doesn't have a puff or mirror included which is not good for popping in your handbag (however it is very cheap.) May work well for younger skin but not those of us with a few "life lines."

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

3 years ago

This is not my every day powder but rather a very acceptable, well priced standin. I wrote a more detailed review under actual rimmel shade sand storm (04). ( this is a bit light, but the next darker shade is too warm). When applied sparingly, it's not cakey. Staying power is average on my combination, NC 30-35 skin) . Although my skin is prone to milia and hives, this causes no adverse reaction. It also works under foundation as per Wayne Goss's reverse technique for a longer lasting finish. Best on well moisturized skin as it will 'catch' on dry patches. A little moisture spray will also soften the look without detracting from longevity. Normally I wear Ben Nye loose powder. As per the SA, Banana shade is technically a highlighting powder for me, and I am a touch lighter than olive sand which is the shade I use most. (I have have both).

About reviewer (517 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I used this when my skin was oily and still use it now that it's dry. It pairs well with dewier foundations and helps them last. It sets my foundation and concealer and does not cling to dry areas. Once I have it on I look a bit dry, but setting spray fixes this. I wish they would update the packaging! I would prefer if this came in a compact. The packaging is a little cheap and not travel friendly. This is not a powder to throw in your purse for touch-ups. I have bought many of these and I think I smashed the plastic lid on one of them.

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

2.0

3 years ago

Tried this again a week ago and I broke out after two days. Came back to read the reviews and it's most likely due to the coconut oil or benzyl salicylate? I did notice that my face stayed matte for a longer period. Sad that this didn't work out for me! [The cover broke a little on the way home cause I'm sure it was fine when I bought it. It also has specks of glitter but doesn't show up.]

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan

HairBlack

3 years ago

My experience with this powder goes like this... I bought it one night and when I got home I put some on over what makeup I already had on and hated it. I thought it made my face look cakey and powder-y. So I gave it to my daughter. My daughter really loves it. I got a Rimmel coupon a few weeks ago and went to the store and bought this powder again to give it another chance. Well, this time I gave it a fair chance. I was doing a fresh face. I put on my foundation and used this powder to set my face. I used a Real Techniques large, fluffy powder brush. A few hours later I looked at myself in the mirror and my makeup looked perfect. So I have been using this powder everyday since with awesome results. It is very hot and humid where I live and this keeps my makeup looking great all day long. My face does not get oily. I am very impressed with this powder. I usually use msf powder and this Rimmel powder is way better. The packaging is ok. Also I have sensitive skin and I have not had any issues with breakouts. I will definitely repurchase!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews, this is a love it or hate it product. I personally love it, so if your skin is like mine (dry on your t-zone, asian but quite fair, yellow undertone) then it works really well! I use the translucent shade over my foundation, sparingly with my zoeva 106 powder brush. I use swirl once, tap on the middle then tap out the excess on the edge and lightly swirl it over my face. I would say i do this twice for my whole face, avoiding the undereyes which I either do before or after with my morphe M438 pointed contour brush. I finish with my nyx dewy setting spray and it looks amazing and glowy but the powder has still set my makeup in place. I went on a night out after doing this and even after being in a club and dancing etc everything had stayed in place. I would really really really recommend trying this before going for a more expensive loose translucent powder. I thought I had to stick to loose powders over pressed because of my dry skin but this works so so much better than say the clinique powder, the laura mercier powder, the nyx loose powder, etc etc. and you save so much money!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I live in Asia and this product is twice the price here compared to the US which is a huge bummer. It has a lot of product in it and I think this will last me for three to four months, which I guess justifies its price. It will really make your face matte, but the claim of keeping it matte for about five hours is not true to me, especially if you really have oily skin which is my case. I have only been using this underneath a bb cream and not matte foundations so I guess that could be the reason. With BB creams this only keeps me matte 1-3 hours max depending on how much I sweat. It's a good product but I don't really see the hype on this at all - it does the same as any other matte pressed powders or even just normal pressed powders. It makes my face look cakey if I put too much, and it has a weird annoying old lady bath soap scent that I actually hate (you will only smell it if this product itself is close to your nose dont worry about it). The packaging is a minus as well, very fragile and inconvenient in my opinion. I might buy again because of its quantity.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I really like this powder! It's quite sheer compared with other powders I have like the L.A. Girl Ultimate Powder which is super heavy and cakey, and the MAC Studio Fix which oxidizes and looks really weird on my skin unfortunately :( I wear the colour 004 Sandstorm and its a really good match for me, it does a good ob of mattifying my very oily skin and I don't find that it fades or oxidizes which is awesome! I do still reapply on hot days when my skin needs a little more help but mostly because I'm paranoid that my face is shiny :) Only downside is the packaging, I think I've dropped 3 of these babies and every single one smashed, so if the packaging gets changed then this H.G. product will get a perfect review. And for the price you really can't go wrong!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3 years ago

An average powder that's good to get when on sale as I did. A thin layer is all i need otherwise it can seperate my makeup but if im careful with it and blend well it controls shine nicely

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea. Pros: - Cheap - Does the job. It doesn't do anything special. Sets the makeup, but there is a lot of other powders that do a much better job, but for the price it's a reasonable powder Cons: - Shades. Even for pale skin the color is too yellow, I've tried another shade, but it wasn't a perfect match either - It can look cakey. I think this is a heavy powder, compared to others that I have. I only use it to set makeup. It's very rare to use it to touch up makeup, because I don't like to layer this product, it looks too heavy - Doesn't look good on dry patches - Doesn't blur fine lines. - It's looks drying - It claims that it controls oils, but I think it does a average job doing that. Yes it helps, kind of. I have other powders that don't claim that and do the same job. I think it's a hyped product. But for the price I'd buy it again.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age25-29