3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Have gone through 3 of these so says a lot about this product! It says "matte" on the packaging but I find it to be more of a silky finish. I use the shade 'transparent' and it sets my foundation to a smooth silky finish. I have clear skin and it makes my face look poreless and natural! Keeps my makeup on all day and doesn't crack! Use a light hand under your eyes though as it can look a little much! :)

About reviewer (24 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

3 years ago

This is my every day powder and it gives me a silky and poreless finish. I use the translucent color and use it over my NYX foundation and I always get compliments on how smooth my face looks. I replaced my MAC mineralize skin finish with this after years of using, although this powder is MATTE you can smoothly blend any powder or cream highlight on top. I took off one star because it CAN look cakey if you over do it or use a thick brush that picks up too much product. Be sure to be light handed to get the best result. In my opinion this is the best drugstore powder.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Great product. A must have!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrown

3 years ago

Great product for the price. I prefer higher end powders but this one is very good!

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I have a love/hate relationship with this powder. First of all, the shade selection is crap. The shades are all very very fair and none seem to have a very warm undertone. The only wearable color for me is "transparent," and even then, it's almost impossible to find, and I don't think anyone deeper than tan would enjoy it because it's not truly colorless. Since it does lighten my foundation I bit, I only use it on my T zone, where I don't mind the slight highlighting effect. The consistency of the powder is strange. I hit hard pan immediately upon using it, and I've had to scrape off that hard, top layer of powder every time I use it ever since. The powder has very tiny, microscopic shimmers in it. I don't understand the purpose of this. It's not noticeable on the face unless you look very closely, but knowing they are there bothers me, because I can see them. Why does a mattifying powder need shimmers? It's very contradictory. The smell is also very repugnant to me. It smells very strongly of baby powder, which gives me anxiety to apply on my face, since I have sensitive skin. Besides all that, it brings very little product. I hit pan quite quickly, much more rapidly than I ever have with any other pressed powder. All that being said... it fulfills its promise of keeping me matte, which other affordable powders I've tried have failed to do. And it's ridiculously affordable, only $5.50 or so. So, even though I love/hate it, I would repurchase it and recommend it.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Ahhh Best powder eveeer, it keeps my foundation on for hours without looking cakey or something :) im the shade nw15 on mac and 48 on Kvd and i use sandstorm, fits my skintone perfectly, i put a thin layer after my primer and before my foundation, it adds coverage and longetivity to your makeup. The best high end and drugstore pressed powder ever.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesHazel

1.0

3 years ago

I bought it in transparent shade. It made my foundation look cakey really fast. It adds a glittering effect to the face. Looks really cheap, bad.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

3 years ago

My absolute favorite pressed powder. Works wonderfully and I have repurchased over and over. Well worth the money!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

2.0

Look so cakey

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3.0

3 years ago

have in my collection but never reach for it ..must see how my oily skin reacts..

About reviewer (96 reviews)

Age30-35