Laura Biagiotti - Roma

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
 Laura Biagiotti - Roma

4.6

on 9/10/2011 11:33:00 AM

Well, hm, not too sure about this one. I got it in Austria for around E24 so I thought I would take a punt at it. the notes are bergamot/vanilla/myrhh. I don't get much of the bergamot and the drydown reminds me of something else, maybe a Lauder perfume. still and all it is no bad. A pretty oriental fragrance with fairly good staying power. I like but don't love. Would possibly purchase again as the price is good and it is quite pleasant.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Roma is my new summer love... one of the best fragrances I've had the privilege of smelling! It has left an impression on me. It's a very suitable perfume for wandering around a city like Roma. :) It's very womanly, but not very strong. However, it won't go unnoticed. It has a confident vibe about it and it sparkles with bergamot. I'm definitely getting some animalistic notes from this that are a little too strong, but softens up as it dries down. It's beautifully blended and great for dry summer weather. I agree, it has class! At first I bought a mini, and as soon as I received the mini I set sail to buy a full bottle. I use it more than any other fragrance in my collection now. When I wear it, I do have flashbacks of my memories growing up in Italy. Not particularly Rome, but it also captures the essence of other large cities in Italy. When I first wore Roma, I was a bit taken back; the first spray reminded me of - to put it honestly - cat piss. I'm going to assume it's the mix of sharp grapefruit note with sharp mint note, but at least that sharp smell goes away in a flash. After it settles for a minute, the true beauty of Roma is revealed with a minty, slightly powdery jasmine. There is definitely a lot of musk or civet, or something animalistic that is very dominant, but not overpowering. After a while, you can smell the vanilla, too. It's just a gorgeous perfume. To me it seems to be a very sophisticated, feminine fragrance, and a confident luxurious one at that. Refreshing and assuring. I'll be buying it over and over again!

Notes as mentioned on fragrantica:
Top notes are pink grapefruit, sicilian bergamot, and fresh mint, hyacinth. Middle notes are jasmine, rose, lily of the valley with base notes of animalistic notes, vanilla, sandal wood, amber, musk, and civet.

on 2/3/2007 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This Laura Biagiotti fragrance is a gem. It starts out with herbal, minty citrus topnotes which I love. They are not too sharp though. It settles down to a soft floral amber vanilla that is not too sweet and retains a hint of the topnotes. It is completely well blended and smooth. Very easy to wear - could easily be an everyday fragrance. It is aptly named - just has a very Italian feel to it. It may be discontinued but there is alot of ths available at VERY low prices. I really think this is a better crafted fragrance than Venezia. I will always have this one around.

on 5/11/2006 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Just arrived yesterday. First sniff, I thought I had made a mistake. Seemed powdery and non-descript. Then as it began to dry down (about an hour or more), I started to smell a lovely, soft, feminine scent - not a floral, nor a green or an oriental, but just a warm skin - clean and dressed up... black pantsuit with a lacy camisole scent. VERY appealing. Will be a favorite for work.

I also noticed this morning that it was to be found at a very reasonable price at Overstock.com

Wish I'd seen THAT a bit sooner.

SpinDiva

on 4/14/2006 10:38:00 PM

One of my all time favourites. I kinda miss it, I'm thinking of buying it again. So rich and warm, great for winter and evening. Not for the faint of heart.

Popular Fragrances