Laura Biagiotti - Roma

Laura Biagiotti - Roma

4.6

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I am an absolute perfume junkie....to an extent that instead of wine i keep my perfume in my wine cellar....
I go from season to season, mood to mood, day to night - always change....i don't stick to flowers or citrusy smells, woody or amber....it is all about feelings for me - not names or ingredients.....

This is one of those.....where i smelled a men's one on a friend of mine and thought the house that created the mens one so delicate and sweet yet fresh and masculine cannot make a mistake with a women's one....ordered a miniature off ebay and fell in love...it starts with a playful grapefruit note, going into a more settle soapy and feminine smell....what can i say...i am in love with Rome:)

on 7/4/2011 2:32:00 AM

This has been my signature fragrance for over ten years now. If you don't like sweet, strong scents, maybe this is not the one for you, but on me it just works beautifully and never goes unnoticed (in a good way!) What I smell mostly when I wear this is sweet powder- so feminine and comforting. Love it.

I was so totally surprised to read this review! Roma was my all time favorite fragrance back when it first came out. I thought I was so super sophisticated wearing it. I haven't smelled it for such a long time and wasn't even sure that they even made it anymore. After reading the review below, I remember how many compliments I got when I did wear it. Now, I'm motivated to look for it again to see if I'm fond of it as I was back in the day :D

on 6/3/2008 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Along with a couple of other great fragrances, Roma has been my favourite since it first appeared on the market almost 20 years ago. Whenever I wear this perfume I get tons of compliments. Unique and different, strong but not overpowering, it's a perfect summer fragrance as someone pointed out, although, it can be worn any time of the year. I have repurchased this perfume probably 10-15 times in the last 20 or so years and I never grew out of it.

on 2/3/2007 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This Laura Biagiotti fragrance is a gem. It starts out with herbal, minty citrus topnotes which I love. They are not too sharp though. It settles down to a soft floral amber vanilla that is not too sweet and retains a hint of the topnotes. It is completely well blended and smooth. Very easy to wear - could easily be an everyday fragrance. It is aptly named - just has a very Italian feel to it. It may be discontinued but there is alot of ths available at VERY low prices. I really think this is a better crafted fragrance than Venezia. I will always have this one around.

on 1/18/2007 9:57:00 PM

Roma has gotten me more compliments that any other fragrance ... and I own a bunch. One man I worked with would walk by my desk in the morning to get "his Roma fix," and called me from a department store to confirm the name so that he could buy it for his wife. I've had friends who don't wear any fragrance go out and buy it because they loved it so much. One friend who wore Ysatis, exclusively, and had no use for other fragrances, actually complimented me on Roma. The compliments just keep coming! I guess Roma "works for me."

Somehow I cannot not appreciate this Laura Biagiotti fragrance... but it also gave me a pretty nasty headache... same thing with my sister, and my friend... seems to give that nasty headache all around... the smell is pretty nice otherwise if the headache does not get to you 1st

on 5/11/2006 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Just arrived yesterday. First sniff, I thought I had made a mistake. Seemed powdery and non-descript. Then as it began to dry down (about an hour or more), I started to smell a lovely, soft, feminine scent - not a floral, nor a green or an oriental, but just a warm skin - clean and dressed up... black pantsuit with a lacy camisole scent. VERY appealing. Will be a favorite for work.

I also noticed this morning that it was to be found at a very reasonable price at Overstock.com

Wish I'd seen THAT a bit sooner.

SpinDiva

on 11/7/2005 5:50:00 PM

Fresh but deep and sensual. This is such a wonderful fragrance which reminds me of summer but it's just as good as a winter fragrance. There something very special about this one, it's very sharp (but pleasant) when you put it on but it develops wonderfully.

Quite possibly my most unexpected scent love ever, since it seems to be composed of elements that I usually abhor -- bergamot, grapefruit (the two black sheep of the citrus family imo), jasmine, patchoulli, etc.. This scent opens up with a blast of sharp, zesty bergamot and mint and dries to a bed of spicy, soft, grapefruit heaven. I can't explain why exactly (perhaps its that vanilla) but this is incredibly soft, comforting, cuddly and addictive. A travesty that it was discontinued.

Popular Fragrances