Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 6/16/2017 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favourite lip balm, and I love it in Mango. The scent is not too overpowering and does not linger on the lips for long. I have already finished 1 tube of it, and am currently on my second tube.

I love that it feels very comfortable on the lips, and does not feel too oily or slippery, while being moisturizing at the same time. I always apply this lip balm underneath liquid lipsticks, as it makes them much more comfortable to wear. With a suitable amount applied, my liquid lipsticks are still able to dry down to a matte finish without being too drying on the lips.

on 4/23/2017 12:36:00 PM

Gave me allergic reaction like so many balms with beeswax. It's strange, this is a first one that ever game me reaction and I didn't even know why. I'm 32 and never knew I'm sensitive to beeswax or propolis. It's strange because I did use all kinds of chapsticks all my life and never had problems. I find it hard to believe none of them had any of those ingredients. Maybe it's the matter of combination and quantity in this one, or maybe I developed higher sensitivity. I also ate honey millions of times and I'm not allergic as far as I know. So when I got a bad case of contact dermatitis around my lips I didn't connect it to this. It was winter and my lips were dry already. As I started using this they just got drier. This is another thing, sometime if your lips are ok you won't even get a reaction, but if they're dry and sensitive already it will make it worse. Didn't realize what was happening at first and just kept applying more, and after a week it was full blown dermatitis. I bought some pure Marigold ointment and it saved me. (Recommend to everyone on daily basis!) Later I did some research and suspected it's beeswax or propolis. My suspicion was confirmed when a year later I used some of random organic beewax/propolis/ vitamin e balm my friend had at work without thinking - with same reaction. And lately I had similar reaction from Lavera Sensitive limp balm that also has same ingredients, but only because I didn't know it was in them. My point is.. many people could have this sensitivity without realizing, so if you lip balm is making you feel even more dry or gives you red cracks and edges stop using asap cause it could take some time for bad reaction to come and keep an eye on bee products.

on 4/16/2017 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Nice lip balm but not the best. I have found a much better product that sorts my lips out so I won't buy again.

One of my favorites!!! makes all my lipsticks and lipglosses look super cute!!!! I just wear it under anything lip related! Pomegranate is my favorite!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Luckily I haven't experienced this lip balm drying out my lips like some other reviewers mentioned, but this product also didn't do its one job, which is moisturize the lips. It felt more like a waxy layer that sat on top. It also had a disconcerting numbing effect, thanks to the peppermint oil.

Also the Pomegranate flavor smells nothing like its namesake. It should be renamed to Leather...

on 12/21/2016 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Burt's Bees is junk & a waste of money--and not because of the formula. All Burt's Bees products are junk, save for the lip balms (beeswax over abreva is magic for fever blisters, as beeswax has antiviral & antimicrobial properties), but so many other options such as Eos & Walgreens have it too. All the face potions & cleansers have junk ingredients because the woman who stole all the money from the real Burt knew & knows nothing about quality formulations at all. The reason I say it's all junk is because of the story behind it, which is appalling. It makes me sick when people harm others, and I avoid giving my money to a thief. Burt Shavitz, whose pic is on the containers & who created effective products with beeswax, was screwed over unforgivably bad by his ex-girlfriend Roxanne Quimby and died without even ownership of his face because she trademarked it.

Quimby took Burt's beeswax magic and made millions for herself while Burt was left in the cold. Read about it here: http://www.treehugger.com/corporate-responsibility/the-back-story-behind-burts-bees-it-sold-out-years-ago.html. It's worth to cut & paste the link just to see how lowdown & dirty her actions were, and to ensure you never turn into such a vile person.

If it matters to you how regular people are treated by others who steal their ideas & cash in on them, boycott Burt's Bees. I think it's disgusting how Mr. Shavitz died living in a coop while Ms. Quimby is still living the high life b/c she's a thief. The man tried to get just a minimally decent portions of Burt's Bees earnings and she not only fought him, but toyed with him. She stole his invention and even stole his FACE to generate unearned millions.

Don't be that kind of person, and boycott Burt's Bees while spreading the word. 'Nuff said.

on 12/11/2016 8:37:00 AM

I have been using this since Winter 2004. I was 20 and this has been my HG ever since.

This is the one thing thst is almost always in my purse.

on 11/22/2016 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have two favorite lip balms and this is one of them. I have one that is a little bit more rich that I use before I go to bed and in the morning and this is what I apply during the day if I need to. It smells and feels very refreshing on the lips. It does the job very well with moisturizing my lips, I feel like the sensation of well moisturized lips stays after it has melted into the lip too, but usually I apply this way to often because of the refreshing feeling and then my lips gets addicted to it and then it won't help much, you know, but as long as I don't use it too often it does an excellent job.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- nice minty sensation on lips

CONS:
- doesn't really moisturise... works like an occlusive petroleum-jelly based product which doesn't reintroduce moisture into your lips

on 10/15/2016 3:13:00 PM

i love this lip balm. it is nourishing, helps even with very dry lips and it lasts a very long time. i still use the first stick i ever bought two years ago, and i use it multiple times a day. the smell can take a bit getting used to (sweet-musky-minty, a weird combo) - but i've grown to love it. it also takes a little while to sink in, but it doesn't become runny or melt off the lips. i love it for prepping the lips for lipstick at the very beginning of my makeup routine - until i come around to do the lips the products has sunk in and done its job. will definitely buy again.