Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 11/22/2016 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have two favorite lip balms and this is one of them. I have one that is a little bit more rich that I use before I go to bed and in the morning and this is what I apply during the day if I need to. It smells and feels very refreshing on the lips. It does the job very well with moisturizing my lips, I feel like the sensation of well moisturized lips stays after it has melted into the lip too, but usually I apply this way to often because of the refreshing feeling and then my lips gets addicted to it and then it won't help much, you know, but as long as I don't use it too often it does an excellent job.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- nice minty sensation on lips

CONS:
- doesn't really moisturise... works like an occlusive petroleum-jelly based product which doesn't reintroduce moisture into your lips

To Read all 3662 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/15/2016 3:13:00 PM

i love this lip balm. it is nourishing, helps even with very dry lips and it lasts a very long time. i still use the first stick i ever bought two years ago, and i use it multiple times a day. the smell can take a bit getting used to (sweet-musky-minty, a weird combo) - but i've grown to love it. it also takes a little while to sink in, but it doesn't become runny or melt off the lips. i love it for prepping the lips for lipstick at the very beginning of my makeup routine - until i come around to do the lips the products has sunk in and done its job. will definitely buy again.

on 10/8/2016 4:32:00 AM

love this. I was on acne medication and it dried my lips out so much and I would put this on throughout the day and it help so much. my favourite is the peppermint one it tingles at the lips. i also love there tinted lip balms.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

It feels like more of a wax than a lip balm, it also leaves what feels like a protective waxy layer, what I guess could be helpful in colder climates

It has a nice cooling effect but for a more moisturizing and overall better lip balm, go for my favorite, the medicated one with eucalyptus or any of the other ones.

on 10/3/2016 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this so much. I've been trying out different lip balms for so long, and I've finally found the one. It's definitely not often I end up finishing an entire lip balm, but I literally have 2mm of it left, I can't stop reaching for it. I love the peppermint added to this because it feels so refreshing and soothing. I love how it leaves sort of a matte texture rather than making me lips look greasy and overly shiny. I recommend it to everyone and I definitely need to buy a new one soon as I'm running out.

on 9/19/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I personally love this lip balm! It's silky and smooth and everything I ever wanted in a lip balm. For me lip balms don't need to be anything fancy or promise to change my life - just a good quality product to moisturise and keep my lips nice and smooth everyday is all I ask, and I always get it with Burt's bees. I have no problems wearing this under lipsticks of all consistencies and I always buy this in the vanilla infused scent for a little extra goodness!

on 9/18/2016 12:23:00 AM

Very natural, smells great, moisturizes well (will kind of soak into the lips rather than just sit on top of them like some do), even has a slight plumping effect.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just bad. It does the opposite of what it is supposed too - it dries my lips and they start peeling. At first I tried it in winter and thought that maybe it would be better in summer. I tried it now and no, it is as bad. Plus it is much more expensive than other lip balms. Waste of money.

on 7/23/2016 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Pretty disappointed with this balm, as I expected more from a product coming from this line. It feels a bit harder than other lip balms initially, and requires more work to apply. It doesn't truly moisturize. The balm caused my lips to dry out and peel.

You can feel a slight tingling/cooling sensation, which is standard for a product with peppermint in it. You can also slightly smell the peppermint, but it's nothing overwhelming. After applying, the product dries down immediately, which could be a positive for some. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend this product.