Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 7/23/2016 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Pretty disappointed with this balm, as I expected more from a product coming from this line. It feels a bit harder than other lip balms initially, and requires more work to apply. It doesn't truly moisturize. The balm caused my lips to dry out and peel.

You can feel a slight tingling/cooling sensation, which is standard for a product with peppermint in it. You can also slightly smell the peppermint, but it's nothing overwhelming. After applying, the product dries down immediately, which could be a positive for some. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend this product.

on 7/23/2016 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am pretty picky with lip balms, as so many tend to make me break out around my lip line. This was one such product! I found that it left a white cast on my lips, and the peppermint extract made my lips tingle in an unpleasant and irritating way.

Packaging is functional but nothing special, and the price is more than some drugstore variants. For those of you looking for a great, inexpensive lip balm in a tube, I recommend Blistex Five Star Lip Protection - no peppermint, less comedogenic, and has SPF 30 to protect your lips from the sun. Skip out on Burt's Bees.

To Read all 3655 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Everyone raves about this lip balm but I did not like it at all. It goes on like a paper glue stick, drags on the lips, isn't smooth, smells horrid, and when it gets in my mouth, I get a horrible aftertaste. Doesn't soak in. Doesn't really moisturise. The peppermint oil just provides temporary relief and the sting can get annoying if I apply the balm a little outside my lip line. This did not do anything for me, rather just annoyed me. I can't be bothered to use it up. I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Who knew cork grease was so good for your lips?! Jk. This isn't cork grease but it adheres just like it. I put it on at night and it's still on in the morning. Awesome product in both extremes wind blistering winter and dry summer. Point off because smell isn't my fave.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I like the finished texture of this when it's applied to lips, because it makes a great lip primer. Using it before applying lipstick makes lips look smoother and allows the lipstick to settle quite nicely.

The only thing I question, though, is whether or not this would be the best product to use if you live in a cold climate during the winter. I live in FL, so this is a non-issue for me, but it's still useful to know whether or not it's beneficial when it's needed the most.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Very average. This lip balm makes may lips feel better temporarily but has no long term moisturising effects.

This is my go go lip balm. I like it because it is minty and it keeps my lips moisturise especially when my lips get super dry or i have cracked lips I would apply this and afterwards my lips will be cool and normal again.

I had high hopes to make this balm my every day one after reading all the reviews, but I was disappointed and the main reason being is that it feels too matt on my lips. I like more slick, balmy feeling products that make my lips soft and smooth and this balm makes my lips feel dry because of its consistency. It guess this product could appeal to those who don't like the slippery feeling on the lips. As far as moisturising, it does an OK job, but not overly impressed.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My all time favorite lip balm!!! Pros: Costs almost nothing, feels great on lips, moisturizes quickly Cons: none!!! I LOVE MY BURTS!!!

on 5/31/2016 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I cycle everyday and always use a lipbalm

This is an ok brand & certainly better than Vaseline which is basically petroleum jelly and just dries out your lips, but I prefer something which is a little more moisturizing

Popular Lip Treatments