Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 7/11/2018 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This lip balm has been in my arsenal for years. I use it as the balm underneath lipcolors as a moisturizing layer. It doesn’t warp the lipcolors (except this one Kat von D one, go figure), it also doesn’t slip and slide the lipcolors all over the place.

Love that it’s organic, it moisturizes and provides “grip” for other lip products.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Luckily no reaction to this, as some of the other reviewers have posted, but quite underwhelmed with this nevertheless. I didn't find it all that moisturizing during a winter trip to Canada when the cold wind made my lips chapped and sore as I was outdoors for several hours at a time. Generally speaking for warmer climates it's ok, adequate moisture and not too heavy, but nothing special, for anywhere colder I would give this a wide berth and stick to my La Mer lip balm or Jack Black Intense Therapy which is almost as good and much more reasonably priced.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This (and anything with beeswax as a main ingredient) makes my lips and throat tingle and burn, and it makes my chest feel like it's getting tight. I assume it's an allergy but who knows.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It really makes my dry lips moist. I found it at the dollar store so it was way cheaper than at the store. I love that it is cruelty free too.

on 3/11/2018 1:32:00 PM

My favorite when it comes to lip balm....the minty smell and flavor is wonderful. No matter how cold it is, this balm goes on smoothly and melts onto the lips. It protects and softens, would not be without it!

on 3/8/2018 3:32:00 PM

honestly best lip balm ive ever come across.
its super cheap, (i think i got a package with two lip balms in it for $3 canadian) smells and tastes good, is great for healing dry cracked lips and leaves your lips feeling hydrated for a long time after application. the packaging is extremely functional and makes application really easy.
one thing that really stood out to me about this lip balm is that unlike many other lip balms it didnt make my lips feel slippery? slimy or i guess wet? after application. i personally really liked that because when you put on burts bees lipbalm it doesnt make your lips feel like theyre slathered in product. another reason i appreciated this characteristic is because it meant that for example when i went to drink something it wouldnt leave a residue on the cup i was drinking from. this came exspecially in handy if i wanted to put lipstick on on top of my lip balm, as this formula didnt cause lipstick to slide of my face and bleed everywhere like many lip balms do, meaning i didnt have to sacrifice moisture for colour.
over all quality product at a good price, absolutely would reccomend it. :)

on 2/26/2018 1:12:00 PM

I only tried this Bc it was given to me for free I'm not that keen on it ! It's too much peppermint in it & I find it can irritate my lips 👄! But it does smell refreshing & was just ok in moisturizing my lips it's like a step up from the cheap chap stick stuff from the drug store

on 1/28/2018 3:29:00 AM

My lips hate lip balms/creams. I’m extremely prone to cold sores or flaky lips and lip balms are normally a huge accelerant in a break out. It feels like I’ve tried every product on the market! This is the only lip balm I get on with. It really does help to moisturise my lips and I like the tingly, minty feeling. The waxy finish also means you can use a light smearing of it under matte lipstick to stop it from drying. I’ve only awarded four lippies simply because although it’s the best for MY lips I still don’t feel like it’s as nourishing as other products I’ve tried so if your lips aren’t angry dormant volcanos then I think there might be better on the market. As a side note, it’s also worth noting that Burts Bees do other flavoured versions of their lip balms but they have a totally different consistency: they don’t have the same waxy finish and had the same drying effect on my lips as other brands so STICK WITH THE ORIGINAL! I will certainly continue to buy this again & again.

on 1/5/2018 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Uggh! I found this balm rolling around in my nightstand and thought I'd try to use it up (I don't even recall buying it). Big mistake- I must be allergic to something in it because I've been getting all kinds of pimples around my lips and the corners of my mouth- nowhere else. Seriously, 6 new zits...not pretty. This is the only change I've made. Into the garbage it goes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the Burt’s Bees tinted lip balms so I had high hopes for this. Uggghhh! It literally felt like I was dragging a hard candle across my mouth. It did nothing to moisturize or relieve my lips and just sat there like a thick film. Rubbing my lips together in hopes of warming/slicking it up made it worse. The peppermint made the edges of my lips feel itchy. I bought the two pack and both sticks are headed for the bin.

Popular Lip Treatments