Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Luckily I haven't experienced this lip balm drying out my lips like some other reviewers mentioned, but this product also didn't do its one job, which is moisturize the lips. It felt more like a waxy layer that sat on top. It also had a disconcerting numbing effect, thanks to the peppermint oil.

Also the Pomegranate flavor smells nothing like its namesake. It should be renamed to Leather...

on 12/21/2016 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Burt's Bees is junk & a waste of money--and not because of the formula. All Burt's Bees products are junk, save for the lip balms (beeswax over abreva is magic for fever blisters, as beeswax has antiviral & antimicrobial properties), but so many other options such as Eos & Walgreens have it too. All the face potions & cleansers have junk ingredients because the woman who stole all the money from the real Burt knew & knows nothing about quality formulations at all. The reason I say it's all junk is because of the story behind it, which is appalling. It makes me sick when people harm others, and I avoid giving my money to a thief. Burt Shavitz, whose pic is on the containers & who created effective products with beeswax, was screwed over unforgivably bad by his ex-girlfriend Roxanne Quimby and died without even ownership of his face because she trademarked it.

Quimby took Burt's beeswax magic and made millions for herself while Burt was left in the cold. Read about it here: http://www.treehugger.com/corporate-responsibility/the-back-story-behind-burts-bees-it-sold-out-years-ago.html. It's worth to cut & paste the link just to see how lowdown & dirty her actions were, and to ensure you never turn into such a vile person.

If it matters to you how regular people are treated by others who steal their ideas & cash in on them, boycott Burt's Bees. I think it's disgusting how Mr. Shavitz died living in a coop while Ms. Quimby is still living the high life b/c she's a thief. The man tried to get just a minimally decent portions of Burt's Bees earnings and she not only fought him, but toyed with him. She stole his invention and even stole his FACE to generate unearned millions.

Don't be that kind of person, and boycott Burt's Bees while spreading the word. 'Nuff said.

on 12/11/2016 8:37:00 AM

I have been using this since Winter 2004. I was 20 and this has been my HG ever since.

This is the one thing thst is almost always in my purse.

on 11/22/2016 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have two favorite lip balms and this is one of them. I have one that is a little bit more rich that I use before I go to bed and in the morning and this is what I apply during the day if I need to. It smells and feels very refreshing on the lips. It does the job very well with moisturizing my lips, I feel like the sensation of well moisturized lips stays after it has melted into the lip too, but usually I apply this way to often because of the refreshing feeling and then my lips gets addicted to it and then it won't help much, you know, but as long as I don't use it too often it does an excellent job.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- nice minty sensation on lips

CONS:
- doesn't really moisturise... works like an occlusive petroleum-jelly based product which doesn't reintroduce moisture into your lips

on 10/15/2016 3:13:00 PM

i love this lip balm. it is nourishing, helps even with very dry lips and it lasts a very long time. i still use the first stick i ever bought two years ago, and i use it multiple times a day. the smell can take a bit getting used to (sweet-musky-minty, a weird combo) - but i've grown to love it. it also takes a little while to sink in, but it doesn't become runny or melt off the lips. i love it for prepping the lips for lipstick at the very beginning of my makeup routine - until i come around to do the lips the products has sunk in and done its job. will definitely buy again.

on 10/8/2016 4:32:00 AM

love this. I was on acne medication and it dried my lips out so much and I would put this on throughout the day and it help so much. my favourite is the peppermint one it tingles at the lips. i also love there tinted lip balms.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

It feels like more of a wax than a lip balm, it also leaves what feels like a protective waxy layer, what I guess could be helpful in colder climates

It has a nice cooling effect but for a more moisturizing and overall better lip balm, go for my favorite, the medicated one with eucalyptus or any of the other ones.

on 10/3/2016 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this so much. I've been trying out different lip balms for so long, and I've finally found the one. It's definitely not often I end up finishing an entire lip balm, but I literally have 2mm of it left, I can't stop reaching for it. I love the peppermint added to this because it feels so refreshing and soothing. I love how it leaves sort of a matte texture rather than making me lips look greasy and overly shiny. I recommend it to everyone and I definitely need to buy a new one soon as I'm running out.

on 9/19/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I personally love this lip balm! It's silky and smooth and everything I ever wanted in a lip balm. For me lip balms don't need to be anything fancy or promise to change my life - just a good quality product to moisturise and keep my lips nice and smooth everyday is all I ask, and I always get it with Burt's bees. I have no problems wearing this under lipsticks of all consistencies and I always buy this in the vanilla infused scent for a little extra goodness!