Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 1/28/2018 3:29:00 AM

My lips hate lip balms/creams. I’m extremely prone to cold sores or flaky lips and lip balms are normally a huge accelerant in a break out. It feels like I’ve tried every product on the market! This is the only lip balm I get on with. It really does help to moisturise my lips and I like the tingly, minty feeling. The waxy finish also means you can use a light smearing of it under matte lipstick to stop it from drying. I’ve only awarded four lippies simply because although it’s the best for MY lips I still don’t feel like it’s as nourishing as other products I’ve tried so if your lips aren’t angry dormant volcanos then I think there might be better on the market. As a side note, it’s also worth noting that Burts Bees do other flavoured versions of their lip balms but they have a totally different consistency: they don’t have the same waxy finish and had the same drying effect on my lips as other brands so STICK WITH THE ORIGINAL! I will certainly continue to buy this again & again.

on 1/5/2018 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Uggh! I found this balm rolling around in my nightstand and thought I'd try to use it up (I don't even recall buying it). Big mistake- I must be allergic to something in it because I've been getting all kinds of pimples around my lips and the corners of my mouth- nowhere else. Seriously, 6 new zits...not pretty. This is the only change I've made. Into the garbage it goes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the Burt’s Bees tinted lip balms so I had high hopes for this. Uggghhh! It literally felt like I was dragging a hard candle across my mouth. It did nothing to moisturize or relieve my lips and just sat there like a thick film. Rubbing my lips together in hopes of warming/slicking it up made it worse. The peppermint made the edges of my lips feel itchy. I bought the two pack and both sticks are headed for the bin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the flavor vanilla bean. It has a slight flavor to it, but not overwhelming.

At first, I found the balm to be moisturizing and didn't feel heavy, but afterwards and with repeated use, I found it to actually dry my lips. I believe this is because of the coconut oil, which dries out my skin. For those of you who don't have a problem with coconut oil, this balm may work for you.

Burt's Bees is a little pricier than other balms, but try to catch it on sale or in a gift pack.

Package is that of typical lip balm.

A better alternative is Sierra Bees by sold at Iherb.com. Much cheaper with made with only a few simple ingredients.

on 11/14/2017 5:38:00 PM

My favourite lip balm. My lips crack all over the year since I knew myself.I tried millions but only this jewel can do the job.

THIS IS THE HOLY GRAIL OF CHAPSTICKS!!!
I've been using it for 9 years!! sooo good.

on 10/15/2017 11:59:00 PM

Feels soothing at first, then dries my lips out worse than before using it. Ok for occasional use, but I avoid it when my lips are dry even a little.

on 10/15/2017 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this stuff everyday for years now and let me tell you, this stuff is a miracle in a tube. A tad bit expensive at $5.99 CAD but worth every penny. I have the nastiest lips, they flake and crack. Now smack on this bad boy and you're lips will heal up overnight. You'll actually be able to smile without your lips bleeding. It feels very smooth on the lips, gives a nice peppermint tingle and scent. My ride or die, highly recommend. Burt's Bees is my saviour!

on 8/25/2017 3:39:00 AM

I have extremely dry/chapped lips no matter what I do so I can use all the chap stick in the world. This particular one is very good because of all the ingredients they use, it's very soft and goes on your lips like butter and if you lick your lips it tastes pretty good too (We're all guilty of that, don't even lie). It helps heal your lips when they're cracked and prevent them from cracking for sure. Plus, it smells good as well. Can't go wrong with this.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have tried this a few times over the years, and each time I repurchase it I remember why I hate it so much. It is so thick and waxy and it does nothing to actually moisturize my lips. The peppermint scent is okay, but I honestly think they got carried away with the peppermint essential oil when they were formulating this. There are other drugstore balms that I prefer, including others from Burt's Bees, but for me this one just does not cut it.

Popular Lip Treatments