Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 1/18/2019 4:21:00 PM

I was thrilled to have found a lip balm that was hydrating while still being natural ( especially in the winter time!). However, I actually found myself applying it super often because my lips would become cracked and dry if I didn't. I actually didn't mind the peppermint tingling feeling.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

The best lip balm ever, hands down. This stuff is the OG, a cult classic. I’ve used it since I was probably 13. So do all my friends. Every girl I know basically uses this, and for good reason. I’m probably on my 794th tube of this stuff, I always have backups, and always buy it in the multi-packs, because I’m constantly losing my lip balms. I have one in my purse, one at work, one next to my bed, and one in probably every cardigan I own. Oh, and don’t forget the one probably sitting in the washing machine due to always leaving them in my cardigans. It’s minty, cooling, soothing, and hydrating. No other lip balms cure my extremely chapped lips as well as this, and I don’t feel the need to reapply this as often as with other lip balms because this stuff actually works. HG forever.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am currently on my third tube of the Peppermint lip balm as I love how it keeps my lips hydrated and does not dry out my lips in between applications. It glides smoothly and the tingly sensation is not too bad. I apply every night and in the morning my lips feel smooth and soft so that when I apply lipstick it applies smoothly. Definitely will repurchase when my tube goes empty.

on 10/6/2018 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i hate the strong tingling feeling this peppermint lip balm gives my lips and it's ok at keeping my lips hydrated. not repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My best friend sent me a tube of the Mango Moisturizing Lip Balm and I love it. It smells pretty sweet and it keeps my lips super soft and smooth. I put a very thin layer on before I do my makeup in the morning and put lipstick over it without any problems. After I wash my face at night and before I go to bed I always use a good amount if it. And of course, if my lips ever start feeling dry (which is rare and usually caused by wind or winter) I use it as needed.

It's silky smooth on my lips and lasts a long time. While it can feel a little oily/waxy, it doesn't leak outside of my lip line, so I never have to worry about wiping extra off of my skin.

It's definitely worth a try.

on 7/11/2018 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This lip balm has been in my arsenal for years. I use it as the balm underneath lipcolors as a moisturizing layer. It doesn’t warp the lipcolors (except this one Kat von D one, go figure), it also doesn’t slip and slide the lipcolors all over the place.

Love that it’s organic, it moisturizes and provides “grip” for other lip products.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Luckily no reaction to this, as some of the other reviewers have posted, but quite underwhelmed with this nevertheless. I didn't find it all that moisturizing during a winter trip to Canada when the cold wind made my lips chapped and sore as I was outdoors for several hours at a time. Generally speaking for warmer climates it's ok, adequate moisture and not too heavy, but nothing special, for anywhere colder I would give this a wide berth and stick to my La Mer lip balm or Jack Black Intense Therapy which is almost as good and much more reasonably priced.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This (and anything with beeswax as a main ingredient) makes my lips and throat tingle and burn, and it makes my chest feel like it's getting tight. I assume it's an allergy but who knows.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It really makes my dry lips moist. I found it at the dollar store so it was way cheaper than at the store. I love that it is cruelty free too.

on 3/11/2018 1:32:00 PM

My favorite when it comes to lip balm....the minty smell and flavor is wonderful. No matter how cold it is, this balm goes on smoothly and melts onto the lips. It protects and softens, would not be without it!