Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 8/15/2017 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Product is very moisturizing and applies on very smoothly. Has a kinda nice scent to it that isn't overwhelming. The fact that it is not tested on animals is a bonus too. I typically need to reapply about every 3 hours because my lips chap easily but a little really goes a long way. It took me a long time to come close to finishing a tube.

The only bad thing I can say about this is that it is a little oily for my liking but as the day passes I generally don't notice it too much. I don't mind repurchasing but I think I would be on the look out for other lip balms as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Would only repurchase peppermint flavoured one. So refreshing, one of the best formulas I've ever used. Smooth to apply and kept my lips hydrated without feeling sticky or thick. Loved reapplying it altho it really doesnt need a lot of reapplication.

on 7/25/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Vitamin e & peppermint . My go to lip balm

on 7/25/2017 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

moisturizes the best out of all lip balms I have used

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a good, staple chapstick. It's more light weight than the pomegranate, which I reach for in the winter.

I don't think I'll repurchase this because I'm using chapstick with spf.

If you have sensitive lips, this is AMAZING. No dyes, mostly beeswax, very non-irritating.

Great

This product, in my opinion, is quite good. It is quite moisturising and helps chapped/cracked lips. It was quite cheap but not amazing on price. I like the peppermint because it makes my lips tingle, and I also noticed it makes my lips a bit more plump. One thing I think is negative is that it has lanolin and soybean oil in it. Lanolin is sheep wool grease and I think that's disgusting. I heard you should avoid soybean oil in lip balms. However, overall this product is good. I think that work-of-sun lip balms are better. I bought mine when I went on holiday to Greece. It's amazing! It is handmade and 100% natural. It has olive oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, almond oil, vitamin E and more in it. I recommend buying it online if you can find it or if you come across it buy it. Thanks for reading!
-galaxysophx

on 6/16/2017 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favourite lip balm, and I love it in Mango. The scent is not too overpowering and does not linger on the lips for long. I have already finished 1 tube of it, and am currently on my second tube.

I love that it feels very comfortable on the lips, and does not feel too oily or slippery, while being moisturizing at the same time. I always apply this lip balm underneath liquid lipsticks, as it makes them much more comfortable to wear. With a suitable amount applied, my liquid lipsticks are still able to dry down to a matte finish without being too drying on the lips.

on 4/23/2017 12:36:00 PM

Gave me allergic reaction like so many balms with beeswax. It's strange, this is a first one that ever game me reaction and I didn't even know why. I'm 32 and never knew I'm sensitive to beeswax or propolis. It's strange because I did use all kinds of chapsticks all my life and never had problems. I find it hard to believe none of them had any of those ingredients. Maybe it's the matter of combination and quantity in this one, or maybe I developed higher sensitivity. I also ate honey millions of times and I'm not allergic as far as I know. So when I got a bad case of contact dermatitis around my lips I didn't connect it to this. It was winter and my lips were dry already. As I started using this they just got drier. This is another thing, sometime if your lips are ok you won't even get a reaction, but if they're dry and sensitive already it will make it worse. Didn't realize what was happening at first and just kept applying more, and after a week it was full blown dermatitis. I bought some pure Marigold ointment and it saved me. (Recommend to everyone on daily basis!) Later I did some research and suspected it's beeswax or propolis. My suspicion was confirmed when a year later I used some of random organic beewax/propolis/ vitamin e balm my friend had at work without thinking - with same reaction. And lately I had similar reaction from Lavera Sensitive limp balm that also has same ingredients, but only because I didn't know it was in them. My point is.. many people could have this sensitivity without realizing, so if you lip balm is making you feel even more dry or gives you red cracks and edges stop using asap cause it could take some time for bad reaction to come and keep an eye on bee products.

on 4/16/2017 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Nice lip balm but not the best. I have found a much better product that sorts my lips out so I won't buy again.