Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base

Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base
Vitamin Enriched Face Base

WATER\AQUA\EAU [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2 [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] PPG-2 MYRISTYL ETHER PROPIONATE [] CETYL ALCOHOL [] PEG-40 STEARATE [] BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) [] SQUALANE [] GLYCERYL STEARATE [] SORBITAN STEARATE [] EPILOBIUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM EXTRACT [] YEAST EXTRACT\FAEX\EXTRAIT DE LEVURE [] DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT [] RETINYL PALMITATE [] BETA-CAROTENE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] CITRUS GRANDIS (GRAPEFRUIT) PEEL OIL [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE [] PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS (GERANIUM) FLOWER OIL [] DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER [] ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER [] CARBOMER [] PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE [] C12-15 ALKYL ETHYLHEXANOATE [] TETRASODIUM EDTA [] SODIUM HYDROXIDE [] MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE [] LIMONENE [] CITRAL [] CITRONELLOL [] GERANIOL [] LINALOOL [] CHLORPHENESIN [] PHENOXYETHANOL

on 7/28/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This could have gotten 5 stars if it didn't have me breaking out so badly!!
Let's start from the beginning tho- my mom got this for herself, I wanted to try it out- and I loved it. My oily combination skin + pores love the blurring effect this created. The luminousity wasn't over the top because I do set my T zone with powder after my foundation application and all that. This primer stops my foundation from seperating, it's the perfect base for flawsless application, very long wearing.
But I expected more from Bobbi Brown. I went through the ingredients list and was horrified. Bobbi Brown is known for combining some skincare in their makeup but this made me break out so badly, I paid so much for this just to get my face f*cked up. Very disappointed.

on 7/12/2017 12:30:00 PM

I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and am very impressed. I apply in the morning with a wet beauty blender, and it feels cooling and luxurious on the skin. It leaves behind a tacky feeling that (I believe) improves the wear of my foundation. Of course, this is something that pretty much any primer would do, so what justifies the price tag? For me, it's the overall appearance and condition of my skin. It's improved dramatically since I started using this product. Perhaps it's just a fluke, so I will continue to monitor and update my review. However, for now, I've definitely noticed that my skin appears much smoother, more even, and luminous since using this product. It is expensive for a primer, but it's the only primer I've tried that actually appears to benefit my skin, as well as the appearance of my foundation.

on 10/5/2016 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!
Never thought it work to my problematic skin as it's dull and very dehydrated.I wear it in the morning before foundation and at night after serum or moisturizer, it's very dehydrating and work so well under makeup, will buy this FOREVER!!

on 1/25/2017 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I wear BB foundation and love it. Received this as a sample and hated it. My skin felt dry and tight all day. I was in meetings and applied Caudalie lotion over my makeup several times to relieve sensation of tightness. BTW, the Caudalie face lotion worked wonderfully as I was desperate. I hydrate and believe in the power of a good moisturizer. This isn't one.

This moisturiser/primer is amazing!!!!! I am obsessed with beauty makeup, cleansers and moisturisers. I had purchased this the other day at airport from Mecca after explains them that my foundations always looks in natural and never stays on my face due to an oily T zone, well not anymore. The smell is amazing, and my foundation in Bobbie brown number 4 and matching powder is flawless not oily and stays put all day.

on 1/16/2017 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a really great product. It smells beautiful and I love how it works great and a moisturiser and make up primer. I find that this product gives a natural dewy look to the skin (not shiny) even after applying various powders/foundations which is amazing. It's a little on the expensive side but you actually get a huge amount of product in the pot, and only need about a pea sized amount for each application.

on 6/19/2016 7:29:00 AM

I bought the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base after reading an online review here no MUA. I was looking for something to perk up my skin after the dermatologist prescribed a retinol. My previously oily T-Zone skin dried up and peeled, continuously. I'm now only using the retinol 2 days a week, and will increase it back up again gradually to try and help, but that doesn't make the issue go away now.

My biggest problem was that my makeup no longer sat well, it bunched up, pilled up, clung to ever flake on my face and looked downright awful. This was even after I bought a more luminous foundation, and changed my moisturiser and other face products to try and help. Along came Bobbi Brown... now my makeup sits well even though my dryness and flakiness is still problematic. It moisturises my TZone well enough that I don't need another moisturiser during the day, the outer aspects of my cheeks get additional moisturiser before and then this Bobbi Brown product on top. This works well, and I have had no issues with the areas with additional moisturiser or without.

The downside of this product is the beautiful, yet impractical packaging. The jar makes it hard to get to the product once you're a way through the jar, it also exposes this beautiful cream to bacteria and other nasties.

I currently don't plan to rebuy simply due to cost, but when my jar is out if nothing else has caught my eye, Bobbi Brown will get another $72 (AUD) from me.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is such a mixed bag for me. I will just lay out the pros and cons that I found:

Pros (for me):
Does initially when first applied make the skin feel somewhat softer, smoother, and more evened out (but nothing 'wow!')

Cons (for me):
Makes the skin look oily....like disco ball shine (I have combo skin)
Very strong scent. I see some list a citrus scent, but to me, this is floral scented with maybe a citrus scent in the background (bought mine from Macy's.com so I know it is not fake)
Does not make makeup go on smoother nor last any longer (in fact I think it makes my blush fade faster; tried with various blushes)
I also think this makes my foundation break down and/or wear off faster. Again, tried with several foundations.
Not a fan of potted moisturizers/primers/bases. I prefer pump or squeeze tube. I realize this is personal preference, but it is what it is. I just think pumps or squeeze tubes are more sanitary and keep the product "fresher" longer. Less air getting into the product keeps it more sanitary and I feel makes the product last longer in the container/does not expire as fast.
I also do not like how 'thick' this is. It does soften up once it hits the skin to blend in (takes a bit of work, which I am also not a fan of), but to me, it just feels kind of 'waxy' when in the pot. I am just not a fan of 'waxy' feeling makeup items, even if they do 'soften' upon application. Just is a very weird consistency to me that I do not like. I might be okay with the weird consistency if it performed really well, but for me, it does not perform 'really well'.
Just feels heavy on the skin, even when applied very thinly. I can just feel it 'sitting' on my skin.

All in all, I am not a fan of this. I think there are better products out there or similar ones that cost a fraction of the price. I ordered the mini size of this from Macy's and it was only around $20.00USD, so I am glad I did not get the big one.

on 7/28/2016 7:05:00 PM

I love this cream! I had a few dry spots on my forehead throughout winter and the girls at Mecca suggested this now I apply it first everytime I do my makeup, smells yummy kinda citrusy and a little goes a long way!

on 7/29/2016 5:37:00 AM

Hi guys!

I bought this product due to the high reviews all over the net. Unfortunately, this was NOT what I expected. I will defo NOT be buying again due to the following reasons -

*Greasy - even though Bobbi Brown say that it is oil free, no matter what foundation I use with it, my face looks like an oil stick! After a few hours my face was so shiny and felt wet/greasy.

*Sticky - it feels sticky when on the face and even after you have waited for a few minutes or even 10 minutes! When you apply your foundation on top, it just doesn't work well together (with liquid foundations).

*Smells - you will need a peg for your nose! I did not like the smell at all and it made me get the sniffles whenever applied.

*Pricey - high end price retailing at a whopping £40!!! This is actually dearer than most foundations....a bit like having car insurance that is higher than what the actual car is worth!!

I gave it a 2* instead of a 1* rating because you get 50ml instead of the usual 30ml standard size you get with most cosmetic products.

I have combination to oily skin and was therefore looking for something to keep it at bay. #Epic fail. #Never again!