76%
package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

Have used eye makeup removers from many brands, some drugstore and some high end (lancome, clinique) but this is the one i always come back to. Good value for money and removes everything without causing any irritation to my eyes or eye area. It feels slightly oily but then yet to find one that doesn't. Best to leave this on for a few seconds as it works much better this way compared to just removing the makeup with cotton pad immediately. Highly recommend it.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

3 months ago

I should write a review on this item as it has been my go-to eye makeup remover for the past five years or more. I have sensitive eyes and I am a contact lens wearer. I use this on a cotton round and keep it on my eye for a couple of seconds and it does an excellent job of removing all of my eye makeup with two swipes. It does leave an oily residue so I go over my eye afterwards with my Spectro Jel cleanser.

About reviewer (231 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

5 months ago

I’ve repurchase this 1000s of times. It’s the best eye makeup remover hands down. It is gentle but so effective and will even remove waterproof mascara. I have super sensitive eyes and this doesn’t sting them or make them water at all. I will be a loyal consumer of this product for as long as I wear a smokey eye (which will be forever).

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

5 months ago

This did not work for me. It would not remove Benefit's "They're Real" at all, and I did not have much luck with Lancome's Monsieur Big waterproof, either. Those were the only two I tried, because those are the two I am currently using. I actually threw this remover away, because after about a week of trying to make this work, I was so mad that's about all I wanted to do with it. I hated it. I did try holding the cotton pad on my eye for an extended period of time, too. That did not help much at all.

About reviewer (501 reviews)

Age44-55

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

2.0

7 months ago

This isn't as good as the Cover Girl waterproof eye makeup remover I use, which is creamy and I softly rub it around, wait, and tissue off. This just doesn't break down the WP mascara that well...I use it after using CG to remove whatever remains-- all NON-waterproof eyeliner/mascaras. It's complicated when you use BOTH WP and non-WP products for sure, and you may need two different formulated products to do both. Edited: the success of this product may depend on the qualities of the WP mascara you use....In general, though, I find that WP mascara REQUIRE an oil based formula to remove. The claims of this oil-free makeup remover "removing even waterproof mascara " are overstated, IMHO, as it took at least 4 times with this product to remove WP mascara...Too much---too long, IMHO.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

7 months ago

I usually double cleanse using a cleansing oil first, so these removers are not my sole plan in removing eye makeup. However, I love to have these around for when you need a little extra clean up. Maybe you still have a smudge of darkness after cleaning or you messed up something doing your eyes and need to fix quickly and easily. I have used this for years and finally decided to give the Lancome one a try. It killed me to lay down that much money for exactly what my Neutrogena does, but I wanted to try it. If the Lancome was the same price, I would choose it because it does leave less of a residue and I liked the controlled release better. However, other than having to dab the eye dry before moving on when using the Neutrogena, performance wise, there is no difference. Lancome has better packaging and slightly cleaner formula (in the sense of residue). All that said, I will not be repurchasing the Lancome. I am flying through it and it is not cheap. I would much rather use the less expensive option in this case because the $25+ more dollar price tag for the Lancome is just not worth the packaging and slight formula improvements. If the Neutrogena had the same dispenser as the Lancome....there would be no contest...I would go straight to Neutrogena. I like the smaller squeeze hole to lose less product that the Lancome packaging has.

About reviewer (1199 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3.0

7 months ago

After reading many excellent reviews, I thought I would try this and see what I was missing out on. So I splurged. (Yes, this is splurgy for me at $10 cad for 162 ml vs $9 for 400 ml of Garnier micellar). Sadly, it seems I wasn't missing out at all. This is no easier to use, does not require less product to remove waterproof mascara, and seems to leave behind a greasier feeling film despite being oil free. The lid also isn't as good - no smaller apereture to squirt through. So, after a bottle of this I'm back to my og.

About reviewer (279 reviews)

Age36-43

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

7 months ago

Update: leave pad on eyes 10 sec before wiping off for best results. Otherwise mascara will possibly stay put. Good points: Package says GENTLE Oil-Free fyi. I shook it up, wetted a cotton pad and wiped off eyeshadow, primer, mascara and eyebrow powder. No irritation and I have sensitive skin and eyes. It felt great. I got a good schmear of the eye shadow but....not the mascara. (Essence False Eyelash Effect.) I could see the color of my eyeshadow but no inky streak from the black mascara. Now this mascara has been a bit hard for me to remove, hence getting an eye makeup remover rather than using 2 step cleansing or just facial cleanser, neither of which was enough. Bad points Until I washed my face well after using the remover, and got the "raccoon rings" of mascara that the cleanser deposits below my eye, two or three swipes with that cotton pad and remover did NOT touch my mascara. This is not a waterproof mascara, either. So truly, the first wipes of the cotton pad and Neutrogena Gentle Oil-Free remover did not touch my mascara. I wetted another pad and it easily took off the rest of the mascara and I then washed my face to remove the remover (again). Did fine I'd buy this anyway because I like that I woke up the next day without eye irritation and that greasy, drip-in-the-eyes-film feeling but this is not as effective at removing mascara on the first go-round than I'd hoped. If you are doing makeup and want to remove EVERYTHING and start over, for example, I would not suggest this unless you have a warm wet washcloth to follow up and then do it again. It's just not that strong.

About reviewer (246 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

The Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover is in my eyes a fantastic remover as I don’t need to rub hard around my eye area, and it will take off waterproofed mascara. I just would wish that the opening wouldn’t be so large as you can spill too much product which you don’t actually need! But not really a negative point ;) I also leave an oily residue on my skin even if it's oil free which is a bit weird and probably the only real negative point! I use the eye makeup remover on cotton pads and then hold it onto my eyelid for a bit and then remove it! It’s so easy, and it doesn’t irritate my eye area as this can be pretty sensitive and getting red so quickly! I have to admit that because it removes my eye makeup so easy and I don’t need to use too much product, I love using it for the rest of my makeup as well. Now, this is something that you decide on your own whether or not to do it, but I believe that if it’s safe for your eye area, you can use it for the rest of your face makeup as well! All in all, I love the product and I give it 4 lipsticks! https://youtu.be/lk0MuglueoE

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age19-24

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

Pretty greasy to be oil free but I always end up coming back to this because its cheap and it does the job. doesnt sting the eyes and doesnt have a strong smell. Ive tried clinique, lancome, chanel, missha and they all work the same, honestly. Just the greasiness level differs, but since i do clean my face with a cleansing balm, i really dont mind the residue. I do a double cleanse too. This takes off my makeup and false lashes just as good as the others ive mentioned. Theres no need to spend more for a makeup remover imo. I like the cleansing wipes by neutrogena also! i usually use this for spot cleansing when i mess up my eye makeup or if i am taking off my fake eyelashes. I rub a drenched qtip on the band and it just slides right off after a couple of seconds. Edit- been using Elizabeth Arden all gone instead and its much better

About reviewer (425 reviews)

Age25-29