Earth Science A-D-E Creamy Cleanser

Earth Science A-D-E Creamy Cleanser
A-D-E Creamy CleanserA-D-E Creamy Cleanser

Aqua (Water), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-8 Stearate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Allantoin, Glycerin, Peg-10 Soya Sterol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Ascorbic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Polysorbate 20, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 11/21/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a thin, lotion-y textured cleanser. It doesn't lather or foam up, which is fine with me. I was looking for something that would be gentler on my aging, acne-prone, oily skin in the dry winter months so I didn't want a lot of surfactants. At first I didn't realize this was designed to be used on dry skin, and I got frustrated by how much product I felt that I had to use. Finally figured out my best method of use - I use micellar water on a cotton round to remove eye makeup first, allow to dry, use one pump of this product to massage into my skin for a few minutes, then remove with a wet washcloth.

I don't have super-sensitive skin, but this has not caused any breakouts for me, hasn't dried out my skin at all, hasn't increased my oil production, and doesn't even sting if I get it near my eyes.

I wondered if it would have a citrus scent because of the fruit oils, but it does not. To me, there is not really a noticeable scent.

I was very impressed that I could find this easily at Walmart and for a very reasonable price (around $8).

Bottom line, I like this cleanser. It's basic, which is what I wanted. Cleans my skin without stripping but doesn't moisturize. I will probably buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My facialist recommended this to me - it's gentle, has the proper pH, and smells good. It also removes most of my makeup with the exception of my mascara. It's only about $10 and can be found at Whole Foods and amazon.

on 3/19/2016 6:10:00 PM

I have combination, somewhat sensitive skin that can break out in reaction to certain ingredients. This cleanser has the right pH level (5.5) to prevent it from stripping your skin, though it does leave my face feeling a little too squeaky clean afterwards (maybe it's my water). But it's not drying, despite that feeling, and prepares skin for treatments, etc. afterwards quite well. It also hasn't led to any breakouts or other problems for me.

The texture is interesting--it's like a lightweight lotion but doesn't feel creamy and doesn't foam up at all, so it's more like a cleansing milk. It has a fairly strong, sweet apricot fragrance which is OK, though I'd prefer something else or no fragrance. The ingredients list is good, as is the price. I may try the Clarifying face wash for the summer months, but I will probably repurchase the Creamy Cleanser when the dry season rolls around again.

on 6/6/2017 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Did not work for my very sensitive acne prone skin

on 11/27/2016 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For a really long time I've avoided cream type cleansers. The reasons for this were many: 1.) the oil based ones never felt like they got my skin clean or rinsed clean, 2.) the soap based ones were just dense soap that still dried my skin out, 3.) they often contained ingredients that would trigger breakouts and/or irritation - usually silicones or extracts/essential oils, and 4.) the end result was always unhappy broken out skin. Yay. But then I upped my tretinoin and we went through a hot, dry spell here in California (otherwise known as Fall, which more closely resembles Hell on earth than some cutesy time when you drink pumpkin spice whatever and watch the leaves change color - we usually just swelter and watch half the state burn down) and my skin was dying with my usual foaming cleansers and SCB swears by this so hey, it fell into my shopping cart one day. The relief was immediate, and while this isn't exactly hydrating in and of itself it babied my moisture barrier like... well... I don't have an analogy for it. But regardless my skin immediately calmed down, and within a few days stopped peeling and started looking healthy and glowing once again. So that's great. And all those complaints I had about other cream cleansers? None of that applies here. This is definitely oil based, and it's like rubbing lotion on your face, but swiped off with a damp washcloth or rinsed off with water it doesn't leave a nasty film on your skin. It's not soap, so you do need to use a separate makeup/sunscreen remover, but it is cleansing; if all I'm removing is serums and moisturizers this gets my skin clean. Thankfully this is free of trigger ingredients for me, but definitely check out the ingredients list before purchasing because it (obviously) contains several different oils, so that might be problematic for some people.

This is holy grail for me. It took me years and years to find "my" cleanser and this is it. I have dry and sensitive skin that can get a bit manic. Lush's infamous Ultrabland made my face break out in angry red welts.

This cleanser is gentle and soothing and safe. So safe. There is fragrance, but it is a mild apricot scent and goes away with rinsing. My face always looks fresh and healthy after cleansing. Not squeaky shiny, but this wonderful glow. And my skin is never taught or dry afterwards. Nor is it filmy. Just nice and soft. This is a great cleanser for the dry and sensitive! And not too $$. Easy to get at Whole Foods when you're picking up your manuka honey and asparagus water ;)

on 12/8/2013 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I bought this after looking on MUA for a well rated, affordable cleanser. It was fine at first, just an average decent cleanser. Then my face started to break out - very unusual for me. I wasn't sure of the cause initially as I had just started a new moisturizer also. Note to self - NEVER start more than one product at the same time because it makes it impossible to judge them. Anyhow I continued the moisturizer and stopped the cleanser since I had a couple of tubes of others - more tried and true. The breakout went away. I decided to use it up by using it on my neck and within a week had a large zit right in the middle. I have never, never broken out on my neck before. I stopped using it immediately and the zit went away over the next 3 days. That was enough for me. I haven't read this complaint by anyone else and otherwise it seems to be a perfectly decent cleanser. It does have a fragrance which I don't especially like - both the smell and the fact that there is one. It comes in a nice, easy to use pump bottle and, as I said, the price was OK. Obviously I won't purchase again. I previously used their clear, sudsing cleanser and it was fine.

on 11/1/2013 9:38:00 PM

I really don't understand what other reviewers are talking about...it feels like washing my face with body lotion, no foaming, no lather...nothing. Made my eye makeup smear all over my face and I was all black and greasy. Does not remove makeup at all and if used in the morning (bare skin) left it greasy, oily and yucky. Returned it.

on 3/5/2015 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Nice ph-balanced and gentle cleanser. It has a PH of 5.5, which means it's less damaging and irritating than most of the popular cleansers on the market. And even some cleansers that have a low PH also have sulfates in them, which is a strong irritant detergent. This one does not. For a cleanser comprised mostly of fruit oils, it does a decent job of getting my face clean (which includes sunscreen, foundation, etc), and the reason i say "decent" is because it's not that great at taking off eye makeup, and i don't even wear waterproof mascara or much eye makeup at all, so that's pretty much the only aspect of this cleanser i'm not completely happy with.
It's rather gentle and doesn't sting or hurt my face like a lot of other cleansers do. Plus, it's pretty cheap and smells nice, reminds me of strawberry-banana yogurt, or fruit salad.

on 1/11/2016 12:43:00 AM

I freaking love this cleanser. It has a cream/lotion-y texture but because it has emulsifying agents in it, it's water soluble and rinses cleanly of the skin. I recommend using this cleanser on dry skin, emulsifying it with water, and then rinsing. I have very dehydrated-oily and closed comedone prone skin and this worked like a dream at cleansing thoroughly, all while not stripping and drying out my skin. It's pretty affordable. The only cons I have is that the product dries up at the opening so a bit of the product becomes wasted over time and that the cleanser doesn't really last that long. I used half to one pump at night as my second cleanse and I believe it only lasted me 2-3 months.