Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.2

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 11/16/2017 4:38:00 PM

Wow. Something that actually lives up to the hype. I should have known - French stuff is always amazing. This cleared up one of the worst breakouts I've had in a while in just a few days and made redness go down pretty much immediately. I think it must be the niacinamide that my skin really loves. I have such a hard time finding products with niacinamide and this has that and so much more. I think its an exfoliant/toner/acid and a treatment in one. It really works on so many fronts.

on 11/11/2017 8:37:00 AM

I've officially joined the ranks of women who would take out a second mortgage if it meant never being without Biologique Recherche (in my case, the 70) again. Ok, so maybe a bit of an overstatement but I am so glad I finally tried this. I'm 41, my skin is in pretty good shape in general but I was starting to get annoyed by larger pores and of course always wanting to fend off future lines. My skin was also just starting to look very dull and underlit to me. I'm also chastised regularly by my hair stylist who is also an aesthetician whenever she's rinsing my hair that I need an acid toner to relieve some dry patches. I did my research and decided to just go all out with the 1970 formula. I ordered it from RescueSpa which was quick and easy. You can see the difference within about a day or two - my skin just looks smoothed,the tone more uniform. I use less makeup in general (for example I skip the setting powder) which is very confidence boosting. I put this on by pouring a little bit directly into my hands and patting it into my face neck and chest. Let it sit alone for a few minutes, then slather on argan oil and a heavy moisturizer. Wake up and voila! Super soft and smooth. It does absolutely stink to high heaven - my husband HATES the smell and avoids being near me until it dies down but I just plan accordingly. :)

on 9/14/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I used both the version with phenol and without phenol, and of the two prefer the phenol version, although the smell and tingling is offputting. I use this at night only and in the morning wake up to smooth, clear skin. I didn't experience any purging or breakouts, but did find it drying so I used it several nights a week and not every night. Since then, I've cleaned up my skincare routine and moved onto Drunk Elephant's night serum, so I won't repurchase this, but I did like it especially as a toner and in a pinch, an underarm deodorant (check the Vicki Morav site - that's where I got the tip).

on 11/8/2017 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

35, oily, sensitive, hormonal breakouts, bad texture and tone, hyper pigmentation from acne, redness, basically: nightmare skin! I started with p50w but worked my way up with a damp cotton pad 2x a week, to twice daily, then swapped to p50. My skin did shed and purge for several weeks, it wasn't sore or red, just shedding very quickly, exfoliating in the morning with a muslin cloth would still mean by the afternoon I would have snake face! I'm glad I stuck with it though. I've been using it for 3 years now, in that time I've introduced retin-a and also vit-c. I also use CAIS by niod which I think made my skin less sensitive and reactive. My skin is great now, the texture and tone and really smooth and clear, the fine lines around my eyes that had began to form before using this has disappeared, no new wrinkles so far, not bad for an ex smoker and being late to spf, so fingers crossed. It does last, and I use it daily, it knocked a lot of other products away so has saved me money.

on 10/30/2017 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I tried, I really did. When I first started using P50, my skin was a mess. Dry, bumpy skin constantly riddled with 4-5 cysts and tons of scars to show for it. Reading all the glowing reviews online, I was convinced this would my skin's savior. In a lot of ways, it did live up to my expectations. My cysts began going away faster, my scars were almost erased. The problem? Every morning I woke up with a smattering of tiny pustules all over my face. You know the kind which bursts and drains while you shower with hot water. In the beginning it was slightly annoying but I overlooked it since my acne was almost gone and the skin surrounding the pustules was looking nice. I thought it was probably my skin purging and decided to give it a couple of months. It never stopped. Every morning I woke up to as many as 10 pustules. Most of them drained when I showered. But the redness around them lasted all day. It was frustrating to have clear skin for once but still having to wear makeup because these superficial pustules made it look like I was broken out. I stopped using P50 and the pustules stopped appearing after a week.

I started using Tazorac soon after and it was the answer to all my prayers to the skin god. After the peely, flaky, ugly phase was over, I had smooth, glowing, acne-free skin for the first time ever. I even started getting compliments on my skin. Then I got greedy. I thought I could make my skin look even better if I added P50 to the mix once or twice a week, all its previous troubles forgiven and forgotten. What a mistake. Like clockwork, I woke up to my cheeks covered in angry pustules. Never again. I decided that I wouldn't stray from my Tazorac + Aquaphor routine which has given me the best skin of my life.

(44 yrs old, originally dry, but now more on the normal/dry) I've been using Biologique Recherche P50 for two years and cannot imagine my nightly routine without it. It smells like Chloraseptic and it can "tingle" (translation- burn); both things I have come to love. I could probably substitute most of my skincare with similar products, but you won't find me without retinol, P50, or my homemade vitamin C serum. These three items have made the greatest difference in my skin.

on 9/3/2017 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am 50, a lifelong skin care junkie, I thought I'd seen and used it all when it comes to skin care. Boy was I happily surprised when I decided to purchase the famous cult beauty product P50 lotion 1970 (original formula).
I use it in the morning after cleansing, and prior to moisturizing and sunscreen. It does tingle a little after applying, but after a few minutes that dies down.

The results are astounding, the texture and tone of my skin were noticeably improved within a few days. My moisturizer absorbed better and my foundation looked more polished and smooth. Even my skin care specialist commented on how lovely my skin looked. This is a holy grail product I can't live without. I'm looking forward to trying other products from this line.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

How do all these ravers put up with the two week purge? Big fat zits. I carry on thinking it'll help dry up what it has purged but not really. Now I have PIH. I don't think I can push further. Going back to good ol Differin.

on 6/18/2017 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is a total game changer for me. I will never stop using this product. A friend of mine suggested this one day when I was complaining about my skin. I have mild rosacea, am sensitive, and suffer from hormonal based comedones type acne on my lower cheeks and jawline. I rarely get pimples or pustules. Just blackheads/whiteheads/little bumps.
I am using the P50T which is the only one available in my area (Canada). It get rid of 95% of my acne. So no, not 100%. But it gives me what I would consider as close to perfect skin as I can realistically hope for without doing regular facials and spending a fortune on skincare.
This doesn't sting or irritate my sensitive skin, any redness on my rosacea dissipates quickly and the smell doesn't bother me at all.
My skin glows with this. It almost plumps it up. I ran out once for 2 months and noticed a HUGE difference.
I apply it at night, putting a few drops in my palm and patting it all over. A large bottle lasts ages.
During winter when my skin is duller, and I'm indoors more, I switch to using morning and night.

on 8/8/2017 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using the P50 1970 liquid for about 6 weeks. I buy mine from TOSKASPA. ( Excellent fast service)
I suffer from clogged pores and I've used every single product on the market with no positive results. My skin is extremely picky and moody - so its been hard for me to find a really good product.

THIS WORKS!
It takes time but it works- my clogged pores are not gone but they are drastically reduced and I know for a fact with continued use they will be gone. I've had some of these clogged pores for years - so i know it will take some time for them to reach a head. I did suffer slight purging but nothing major- there were a few big zits - but I let them be - once i pick at them they become worse.

I use this every day after my shower - the best method for me is to pour the lotion on a cotton pad and spread across my face. I squeeze the cotton pad after and push whatever is left on to my skin-

It moisturizing and never leaves me with a tight feeling. There is a tingling feeling but it subsides quickly. The first few weeks of using this product my skin burned more but now my skin doesnt burn as much. The smell is a bit obnoxious but Im used to it. THINK CHLORASEPTIC throat spray. LOL

The only thing I hate is the price ! :(
Packaging could be better - but it is what it is!

I am grateful to finally have found this product- it HG for me.