3.7

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

A really mediocre shampoo at a ridiculous price. This left my hair full of static and flat at the roots. Every Pureology product I've ever purchased has been a disappointment.

About reviewer (360 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Fine

a year ago

Now that the Pureology line was sold to L'Oreal I will not be buying this product. That's a shame!

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination

HairBrown

3.0

a year ago

Very on the fence with this shampoo. The good: it works well to cleanse my medium-coarse, slightly frizzy hair, without the dreaded SLS. If you've ever tried an SLS-free shampoo before you'll know they're not always the most effective at cleansing and removing hair styling products/build-up! As this is one of the most popular and reviewed shampoos on MUA I decided I'd give it (and the matching conditioner) a try. Ok so firstly the bad: it makes my scalp itch after a few uses, especially if I use, rinse and repeat which I always do out of habit as much as anything. It's also chock-full of chemicals, despite no SLS, and yet also has some good botanicals thrown in which is confusing.... It's like the best and worst of both worlds. The good: it's a vegan-friendly product, the shampoo itself has quite a luxurious texture which gives a nice tingling sensation as you apply and I really like the minty-citrus fragrance in here. It also doesn't strip my hair color whatsoever, if anything it brings out the best in my highlights. Personally if it wasn't for the itchiness I would love to continue to use this as it's one of those products which takes some months ti reveal its full effect on your hair, but sadly I doubt that will happen anytime soon seeing as the way my scalp is reacting to it... Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

2 years ago

After bleaching my hair then going back to one color, my hair was dry, frizzy, breaking off, and so hard to brush through, frustrating to say the least! After doing some research and ordering the hydrate shampoo and conditioner, I swear after one wash my hair felt SO much better, it was smooth, hydrated, and for the first time in a long time I was able to brush through it. It’s definitly on the pricier side, but you only need a small amount so it lasts a long time. The shampoo has an earthy smell which I don’t mind, and the conditioner makes your scalp feel tingly and minty, would def. recommend this for someone with highlighted hair like mine.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2.0

2 years ago

This shampoo does not hydrate hair and is loaded with silicones and parabens. Left my hair feeling dry and frizzed.

About reviewer (3102 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

2 years ago

I used to suggest this product to my clients and I loved it so much until my head started getting itchy with little bumps and my hair started falling out by the clumps. This has happened twice! The first time I didn’t realize it was the shampoo until the second time it happened. I was waking up in the night with an itchy head! I am sad to say goodbye to my favorite shampoo but the formula has changed. I loved how it made my hair feel but feel angry that it did this to me. ????

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2 years ago

THIS PRODUCT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE I have had very dry and brittle hair since I bleached it and I have tried every product to help with the hair, but after using this product for 2 months straight I will never turn back, at first I didn't notice any difference but after the first month it altered my hair completely! it is so smooth and shiny!! I cant believe the results!! wish I had pictures cause my hair has never ever been this smooth!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

3.0

2 years ago

Basically this is a decent shampoo and conditioner. You get A LOT of product as the bottles are huge and the scent is bleh. It doesn't smell pretty or feminine but it smells like cleanly.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrown

2 years ago

This didn’t work out for me at all. The main issue was it made my scalp dry and itchy, which I have never suffered from. I was also unimpressed with how it left my hair, it didn’t feel hydrated and soft and it was really tangled after using the shampoo

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

from

2 years ago

I purchased the small travel size at Ulta to test this. I have dry, naturally graying hair that is medium coarse and tends to be frizzy without any product in it. I have hard water. I can usually go 3 days between shampoos. By the third shampoo with this product the buildup was so bad I had to wash my hair the next day with a clairifying shampoo. My hair looked limp and dingy. Sulfate free shampoo just does not clean my hair very well. The price of this product makes it a no go for me. There are other comparable products for less money, if I was going to go the sulfate free route. I just do not want to have to wash my hair every day, and spend an hour+ drying/styling it every morning based on inconclusive research about sulfates. Did not like this, and will not purchase a full bottle.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral