Lancome Exfoliance Confort

3.9

AQUA / WATER BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII / SHEA BUTTER GLYCERIN CYCLOPENTASILOXANE POLYETHYLENE PARAFFIN PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL PEG-100 STEARATE GLYCERYL STEARATE SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER PEG-2 STEARATE CI 17200 / RED 33 TOCOPHEROL CYCLODEXTRIN SODIUM HYDROXIDE HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE PHENOXYETHANOL STEARIC ACID FAEX / YEAST EXTRACT POLYSORBATE 60 MEL / HONEY MANNITOL ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE CARBOMER DISODIUM SUCCINATE CETYL ALCOHOL METHYLPARABEN PRUNUS DULCIS / SWEET ALMOND PROTEIN HEXYL CINNAMAL GLYCINE SOJA / SOYBEAN OIL PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

I applied the Lancome Exfoliance Confort with a Lancome rep at store level and it did work. Even though it was very expensive, I knew I needed to exfoliate. So I bought it. It did exfoliate gently, but I still needed to use a moisturizer afterwards. Just one more thing to buy. Then I read that the microbeads in it do not disintegrate and are jamming up wastewater treatment plants. I'm not happy with that at all.

I disliked other exfoliating abrasives because they were either too rough on my face, or they presented the same problem with the non-disintegrating microbeads. I tried making my own (DIY) by adding sugar to coconut oil but it was entirely too greasy (especially on my face), it did not rinse off cleanly, and I had to scrub the shower right away so the next person stepping into the shower wouldn't slip and fall on the oil slick. What a greasy mess.

A friend in Atlanta told me about a small Company there that makes an Exfoliating product utilizing sugar as the scrub, but it is not greasy at all, it is very gentle yet effective, it rinses off easily, and my friend told me she does not need to use a moisturizer afterwards...it is all built into the one product, PLUS it costs a fraction of what Lancome was charging for their similar product. I ordered some and have to agree it is the best exfoliating product I've ever tried, and I no longer apply a moisturizer afterwards. On the jar, the directions say to use it twice a week.

I contacted the Company on Facebook: Angelcraft Soap

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I remember when the Regional Supervisor(?) for Lancome used this on my face. It was absolutely the answer to my dry skin problems. I love the way it removed all the rough spots. I had to have it. And it does work. Very well. I was sad to find out however that the beads in it are not environmentally friendly as they do not break down at the treatment facility and are then released into the environment. Sigh. I am still looking I guess. I have Kiehl's Microdermabrasion Scrub which is great and is environmentally friendly but is really harsh. It is to be used only once a month. I am going to try Alba's Pineapple Scrub which has walnut shell beads. It gets decent reviews. Or perhaps I will make my own with sugar and Coconut oil.

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I spent a good deal of time looking for the right exfoliating product for my dry, sensitive skin. I know that it's important to exfoliate facial skin in order to have a fresh, glowing complexion. My problem was finding a product that would get the job done without irritating my skin.

Exfoliance Confort has been my go to product for this purpose. I have tried many exfoliators in the past. It's been a nightmare. So many of them caused redness, aggravated my rosacea and created more problems than they solved. The SA told me that this would be a good, gentle choice for my kind of skin. It's easy to apply, just use some lukewarm water on the face and then squeeze out the product and apply and massage all over the face. The grains in this product are gentle and do not irritate or inflame my skin. After massaging gently for a few minutes, I just wash it off and then apply my nighttime skin care products.

I have never experienced any kind of reaction to this product. Given how limited my options are with this type of product, I am pleased that I was able to find something that would get rid of dead, dull skin and be mild enough not to cause any irritation. I use this about once a week. Sometimes I will try to use it twice a week, but don't want to risk irritating my skin.

My skin feels soft and smooth and refreshed. The only negative is that this is pricey. The tube is 3.4 ounces for $25. Using it just once a week, it can last for some months. While I am satisfied with the results from this product, I am keeping an open mind for other exfoliators that would meet my skin's needs and maybe for a better price.

Harsh! Harsh! Harsh!
Cannot believe the positive comments - a Johnson & Johnson product at a fraction of the price is far more effective IMO

I've been using this since October. I apply it with my little Olay sonic brush while I'm in the shower. The scrub smells nice and has just the right amount of grains to give my skin the look and feel of having been nicely polished.

I use this scrub daily after washing with Mousse Radiance and the combo leaves my skin so fresh and soft. It's a keeper.

First off, I absolutely love a good scrub, there is nothing more amazing than scrubbing your face and having it feel really smooth. This lancome exfoliant does this, with the creamy formula delightful to put on the skin. the exfoliating agent is very fine, which gives you a nice gentle scrub. It really got into my clogged pores around my nose and t-zone which was excellent. The smell was very nice too, and the texture of the cream was very soothing. Only con was that it was quite gentle which isn't the best when you want a grittier scrub, nonetheless, it is another great lancome product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this product for gentle yet effective exfoliation. I find that the grains last for a good amount of time on the face, as well. I don't typically think using skincare products with fragrance is a good idea for me; however, I don't find that the fragrance in Exfoliance Confort causes noticeable irritation. My skin feels incredibly smooth after using this product and looks remarkably clean and soft. I think the honey in this exfoliator also tones my skin remarkably well. I am interested in trying some other exfoliators, but I would definitely repurchase Exfoliance Confort.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I've been using this product for years. It's a fine exfoliator doing exactely what it's supposed to - removing dead cells layer from your face. When I'm exfoliating I like to do it for at least 5-7 minutes for a visible effect and many exfoliators don't allow you to do this because they waste too fast but not this one. Even when the creamy part dries the granules remain to do the job. It 's not drying for my skin, doesn't irritate it and leaves it very very soft to the touch. It also smells very nice. I use it once a week.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

a gentle exfoliator that does not scratch your face. an ok-ok product, nothing to gloat about.

Love this, gentle and effective!