LUSH Daddyo shampoo

Filtered by eye Color : Green
LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

2.9

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

on 5/12/2017 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

DO NOT USE IF YOU'RE PLATINUM BLONDE

Absolutely horrible if you're platinum. The undertone is red, not blue - I have VERY platinum hair, and this dyed it pink. I'm so irritated. The sales girl at lush, who said she's a hair stylist, recommended this for toning after I ran out of my usual J.beverly hills blue/purple toning shampoo. BIG MISTAKE. I will never use this again.

Maybe good for brunettes or red-heads... NOT for girls who are platinum.

on 8/2/2016 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I didn't leave it on even for 5 minutes and it turned my hair into a nasty pink/violetish colour. Couldn't wash it off completely even after 6 washes. Avoid.

on 1/16/2016 11:26:00 PM

I'm giving this product 4 stars because it does do what it promises to. I have dyed ash brown hair with ash highlights, and brassy tones do come out often which is irritating. After the first wash, my hair did look less brassy which I am extremely pleased with, but it also dried my hair out quite a bit and I noticed some white flakes on the top of my head, which I don't usually have. I would recommend this product if you need to combat brassy hair (and it smells divine) but only once a week, and you need a lot of conditioner afterwards.

on 12/2/2015 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I looked at reviews before buying this product and then asked about it to the girl at lush, i bought the small bottle to try it, i have processed hair and i was looking for a purple/blue shampoo to get the brassy tones out without damaging the hair even more.

The product smells really good, it has a fresh fruity smell and the texture is runny so you can apply it pretty well, it's easy to wash and pretty good to clean off of the skin (unlike other purple shampoos), overall i liked it at first sight.

Which surprised me was that it was a warmer violet color than other purple shampoos i've tried, i left it for five minutes the first time i used it and then rinsed it off, my hair had turned an orangy blonde, not so brassy but not a colder tone as i wanted and expected, i really hated it because it looked like a washed out pink/orange color.

I've also tried leaving the shampoo for just one minute but it still doesn't get the yellow undertones out it just masks them with a pinkier tone.

Also it's a very drying product, if it's useful to you colorwise i still wouldn't recommend using it every time you wash your hair (one time a week tops), unless your hair is really really oily and healthy you will have to use a mask afterwards.

I was even more surprised a few weeks later when a friend of mine gave me a lush mask as a gift and a free sample of daddy'o, i looked at the shampoo and it was blue, i compared it to the one i had at home and they were completely different colors, this one was way colder, i tried it on a strand of my hair and it worked really well, just like i expected it to do the first time i tried the product.

So.. I don't know if the girl from lush made a mistake, if the color changes depending of the batch they make or what but the product is way too expensive for this.

on 7/26/2015 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So i bought only the small size cuz tbh i didn't think it'll work as well as full of chemicals purple shampoos would and this is way better than most of chemically purple shampoos and smells delightfully

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This product wrecked my hair. Seriously. My hair was damaged from bleaching before I used it, but it wasn't too bad. After a few washes, my hair was like straw! And that's with using a good conditioner and mask! The toning properties were terrible as well, they did nothing to counteract my yellowness.

I think this product would please someone who hasn't used many purple shampoos before, but I think I'll stick to higher end shampoos from now on. You can really tell the difference.

on 9/1/2013 11:50:00 PM

I've been using the shampoo for a couple of weeks. I found that using it on it's own doesn't make my hair feel very nice but if i mix it with my regular Tresemme anti-breakage shampoo i still get the benefits of a purple shampoo but with a toned down smell and cleaner feeling hair. I've gotten many compliments of how nice my hair smells and how bright and lovely the colour is. This one is a win for me!

on 2/8/2013 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Eh, it's okay. It didn't make me any blonder or take out the yellow tone, but it made my hair clean. It bubbles up better if you rub it in your hands before you apply it to your hair.

The smell isn't too nice. The boyfriend asked me what I had used and then said that he didn't like it. I don't pay any attention to what he thinks about how I smell as it's my business, but I agree with him that it isn't pleasant.

I'll use up the whole bottle as Lush isn't cheap, but won't repurchase. There are better, cheaper blonde shampoos out there.

on 1/19/2013 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product did get the red tint out of my hair (I was going from auburn to light brown). However, as many other reviewers have mentioned... it made my hair very dry. I ended up giving it to my boyfriend (who is blonde) and it has done WONDERS for his hair! It has never been brighter and more shiny. If you are blonde, this stuff will work well for you.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely adore the smell of violets and that's why I keep buying this stuff from time to time. Unfortunately the violet scent is replaced by a weird hairspray type smell when hair is dry which I why I dropped a lippy. Very yummy in the bottle tho!

Popular Shampoos