3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

Thank God I just got a sample. I live in a hard water area and have been struggling to find a good shampoo...I thought I found it but far from it. This shampoo was given to me as nourishing and moisturising, however, the feel is more of a clarifying and drying! Left my scalp in massive patches of skin falling down my hair. Will throw away any sample I have.

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

3 months ago

Just to disclaim, I am not a blonde and do not use this as a toning shampoo. Rather I use it as my day-to-day (well, every other day technically!) shampoo, as it is was recommended to me as a light shampoo which will get rid of oil but not overly strip the hair. I find it works great at this. It leaves my hair feeling clean and light with added volume and shine. It has a delicious scent, like Parma Violet Candies. I always like to shampoo twice, and leave the shampoo to sit for a few minutes so the scent sinks into the hair. I am a big fan of this shampoo and would recommend it.

About reviewer (724 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 months ago

Tried for the first time, it makes my highlight brown hair turned into reddish orange look. And it’s super drying. Does not help to remove brassiness at all. The reddish orange look are patchy too. Will stop using. And never repurchase. Pros; however my fiancé love the tint of reddish/purple (under the sun) outcome look of it.

Age36-43

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 months ago

NEVER buying this again. Bought this for my ash brown hair as a friend recommended this. She's also sporting ash brown for a while now and her hair seems to be in good condition so I didn't hesitate to get myself the same thing. Tried this on for the first time a week after I got my hair professionally done. It did nothing to maintain the ash brown color, but instead it turned my hair into a cocktail of uneven yellow, pink, and orange tones! I'm so damn mad because for something that's supposed to stay on your hair for only a couple of minutes, this is expensive. Now I have no choice but to wait for six more weeks to get my hair done again since I don't want to dry my hair out too much from frequent coloring. What a waste of money 😒

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

a year ago

Not impressed at all. My naturally dark blonde greying hair is highlighted and at the last hair salon visit, they suggested touching up roots with permanent colour. Unfortunately, my hair seemed to hold onto to the brassy tones and so I wanted to tone it down. Daddy-O did nothing to counteract the brassy colour. In fact, I think it actually worsened the situation by washing out more of the permanent colour, leaving my hair lighter and more carrotty! It seems to be very harsh, leaving hair very dry, dull, and very difficult to untangle and has a nasty synthetic violet scent. Did not live up to its claims at all. I think I paid £5.95 for 100g, not cheap. Pros: none Will not repurchase, and would suggest to myself to go to a salon to have a professional toner and to stop using colour! My hair is a complete mess!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

2.0

a year ago

I went blonde about 4 months back and this is the only purple shampoo I've ever tried. I love lush products so I thought I'd love this too. The first time I used it, it made my hair purple. After that incident, I mixed this purple shampoo with regular shampoo and never had an incident like that again. I don't know if its me but it just does not work so well. my hair still is brassy in some areas and it's extremely uneven. the top of my head is yellow, the center is white-blonde and the bottom is blonde. It's so weird???

SkinSensitive, Fair

3.0

2 years ago

I have unnatural blonde hair so am always keen to try different products to keep the brassiness at bat between appointments. I was excited when I saw this shampoo online (no Lush stores in my city) as the purple tint is a pinky purple. I find many toning shampoos are too blue-violet and can make my hair a greenish grey as a result. Unfortunately I was disappointed as this shampoo does not tone the hair in any way. No colour is left on the hair after rinsing. I believe this is due to the high concentration of lemon juice. Lemon juice is a natural clarifier that removes product build up including the kind that you want - toner. Instead of toning my hair it actually removed what was remaining of my salon toner and left my highlights bare and bright, the lighter ones creamy and the darker ones golden. The lemon juice definitely adds shine and brightens the highlights by removing product build up and build up from hard water. This leads me to my next point. It’s drying. Very drying. Along with the lemon juice it contains sodium laureth sulphate. So just be aware. Even after deep conditioning my hair felt drier than usual, was frizzy and difficult to style. The smell... I love the smell. I understand it’s very devisive but I absolutely love it. It’s kitch and old fashioned and lovely. I feel like I belong in an Enid Blyton novel when I use it. The scent does linger for a few days but in a much more subtle form. In conclusion I would call this shampoo a clarifying and brightening shampoo. It will not tone your hair but will remove build up and brighten it. If you have golden blonde hair I think you will love it. If you prefer a cooler blonde and need to tone to maintain that then this is not for you. I won’t be repurchasing as I prefer other clarifying shampoos.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

Smells nice, other than that, does absolutely nothing for me. My hair didn't really look that much different in comparison to washing with cheaper shampoos that I've tried in the past. Another problem I had was that it completely dried my scalp out and made it itch like crazy. Thank goodness I didn't buy the bigger bottle (although even the small one is expensive enough).

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

2 years ago

I've been using this shampoo on and off for years. I do have (bottle) blonde hair (and a fair few greys too, sob) but that's not what I buy it for. I buy this, and I love Juicy because they both seem to make a good clarifying shampoo for me. Every Christmas I treat myself to a small bottle of each (would have to rob a bank to buy the larger ones anyway!) and they almost last the year as I only use them to get rid of build-up. They would be far too harsh to use on a daily basis anyway as they strip the hair. I've never noticed my hair being less brassy, nor has it stained it purple or pink like others say! I do love the smell of this shampoo, just like the kids sweets. Yum :-)

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I love this! Really nice product, I'm pretty blonde (dyed), I use this once a week, it gets rid of the brassiness and makes me look even blonder!! The trick with this is wash in and wash out pretty much immediately, as it contains pretty natural dyes it could colour your highlighted or natural hair if left on for too long! I really like the smell of this too, only thing is that it is pretty pricey the smallest bottle is $11 Canadian but considering I only use it once a week I can get over it!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair