La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser

La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser
The best cleanser I have ever used <3No Title

3.7

Aqua / Water, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-3 Hydroxylauryl Ether, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Peg-4 Laurate, Zinc Pca, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Peg-4, Parfum / Fragrance.

I read many reviews about this being a bit too drying but it was perfectly fine for me as it cleansed well without leaving my face stripped of moisture. It has a bit of an odd scent - not bad and I actually really like it - but it smells like real flowers which you usually don't expect a cleanser to smell like. I'm currently using a sample bottle and will purchase the full size when I'm done. It does cost a fair bit more than the average cleanser but the bottle is also really big so I think it's not actually expensive.

I haven't seen an improvement in my acne but then again I have very mild acne and I don't really expect a cleanser to solve my acne issues. I may also have to use it for longer to see a change.

EDIT: Burns my skin ): Luckily, I'm still using the sample bottle so I just threw that away.

on 3/18/2017 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I ran out of Cerave's Foaming Facial Cleanser and decided to get Effaclar Gel instead, mainly because it was significantly cheaper. All I needed was something to wash my face that wouldn't break the bank and my expectations were low - It would be a win if this cleanser didn't irritate my skin.

I have comination-oily skin that is also quite sensitive. I don't have acne (a couple of pimples once a month), but have incredibly large pores and blackheads. A lot of skincare products that are targeted to oily or combination skin are just too harsh for me. On the other hand, products that are gentler don't help my skin a lot either.

I was surprised to find out Effaclar Gel is actually perfectly balanced for me. It cleanses deeply and clears up my skin (making blackheads way less noticible), but isn't irritating and doesn't leave the skin feeling tight. I started using this at the same time I was using Effaclar Duo + and at first I thought it was the treatment that was really making a difference. When I finished Effaclar Gel and switched to a new face wash, I realized it was actually either the combination of the two or the gel alone.

I'll definitely go back to Effaclar Gel, which I later found out has an ideal ph of 5.5 as a bonus.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have been using it for years now, right when curing my really bad acne on my face, and right now I would day my face had cleared up a lot (of course sometimes I still do get a pimple or two, but they are due to lack of sleep or just sensitive to dusts.) My face is not perfect yet, but if yours is, let me know!

In compared to my previous experiences with other facial cleansing products, I do believe this facial cleanser is really PH balanced. I have buttoned nose, and the fold between the surface of my face and the side of my nose is very very sensitive, I can't make out if they are extremely dry or oily at times, so I just categorize the area as extremely sensitive. Other products like Tea Tree facial wash would sting that area, if not, it is too drying for my skin, like, too clean, and making my skin very tight. With this, my face feels clean, but it makes my skin retain the moisture/oil that it needs, really gentle to my skin and it does it's job as a facial cleanser as well.

Price wise is okay in Europe, pretty pricey in Singapore. Personally I will always come back for this.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

The product I use is in a bottle with a pump (maybe it is an European version? not sure) but the product is the same. My father owns pharmacies so I already tried many French farmacy cleansers, and this one is my favourite. It foams but it is very gentle- it's ph is 5.5, which is ideal. The ph needs to be a little bit acidic so that the actives you use after( bha/aha/vit c) are effective. It foams and it gives you that "super clean" feel. I have sensitive skin and never had a problem with it. Also I think it lasts a long time- i have the 400ml bottle and i bought it mid august. I still have 1/6 left and i bought it for 16 euros. Thumbs up!

on 1/26/2017 3:39:00 AM

Works so good with duo+, highly recommend

on 12/24/2016 9:23:00 PM

I wasn't sure about my skin type, I always had pimples on my face but nothing THAT bad. I got a few pimples(and cysts under skin) on my cheeks and I decided to find some quality product to make my face finally completely pimple free. So I saw just ONE post on Reddit and saw a few reviews on Youtube and I decided to buy it. When I washed my face with it I went for a walk. My skin felt so dry, I couldn't smile and the moment I got home I've put some hydrating cream and it felt like when you go to pee after a long day of not peeing. My face started breaking out the day after I used it and now it's in worst condition ever. I don't remember my face being this bad, even my parents commented how awful it looks. I guess I'll just give it to someone and find something appropriate for my skin type.

on 12/14/2016 9:59:00 PM

I have combination skin, oily in the t-zone especially my nose, so i picked this up hoping it would help with that. Apart from slightly uneven texture on my forehead (i get tiny little flesh coloured pimples which arent really apparent but still bother me a bit) i have pretty clear skin. Im very happy with this product.

A lil bit goes a long way, it lathers up so nicely, and it smells clean. I feel like my forehead (and my skin, overall) is a lot more clear after about 3 weeks of using this. I always apply a toner (either vichy or clarins) and moisturizer after, and im liking the results so far. It helps keep my skin matte and feeling clean, and it removes makeup really well.

The only con is ive noticed it dries me out around my lips, especially the corners of my mouth. Never really got that before so im assuming its from this product.

Overall great product but make sure to moisturize properly as it is a bit drying.

on 11/12/2016 5:20:00 PM

Vertalen
I had high hopes for the effaclar duo kit for imperfections, but unfortunetly it made my skin condtion worse.
It made my skin break out even more and even after using it for 3 months it did nothing to improve the skin. I now use dermologica med brand for adult acne and it is much better! If you have just a few pimples I would not recommend this because you will get more acne by using this product.

on 10/18/2016 6:00:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using this for about 8 months and I don't understand how it works.
It's quite drying, my lips are killing me after I cleanse my face and I need to moisturize them asap but it wont dry out pimples or my combination skin in general.
On the contrary it might as well be the only cleanser that makes my face feel clean afterwards and not in the squeaky clean sense.
I don't feel like it helps with acne but it sure as hell won't make it worse.
It's not anywhere near holy grail status but it gets the job done quite well actually so until I find something better I'm gonna stick to it

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have been suffering with really spotty combination skin for weeks. I have had a really dry chin and oily nose and I couldn't find anything to get rid. Even pure aloe Vera from my plant wasn't working! Then I heard about this. I was on 3 for 2 in my nearest boots so I bought this and two different moisturisers. Within 2/3 days and using it twice a day, my spots and dry patches had gone. Amazing stuff!