La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser
The best cleanser I have ever used <3No Title

3.7

Aqua / Water, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-3 Hydroxylauryl Ether, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Peg-4 Laurate, Zinc Pca, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Peg-4, Parfum / Fragrance.

I bought a travel sized version of this at pharmacy as I forgot to bring facewash and there happened to be a discount on this.

This is a decent face wash. I do find it slightly drying and my face feels a little tight afterwards, but this is pretty much the “well cleaned” feeling. It doesn’t break me out and has a nice foam effect. It’s $15 for 200ml in Canada, so it’s a decent price for size.

My main gripe is that 8/14 ingredients are mild/moderate safety hazards, so I will not be repurchasing.

on 2/11/2018 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Leaves my skin drier than I’d like so it’s become a night time wash. It’s good for the second cleanse getting all the product off my face.

on 2/2/2018 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I use this cleanser since I have 12 years old. It's been 9 years and I still use this!!
I started to have acne very young (when I was 10 years old) and before La Roche Posay, I used Vichy and Avene and none of this two showed me the results as this product. I always had sensitive skin and some imperfections on my face. Sometimes I wanted to change cleanser but no other has the same effect on my skin as this one.
This is really compatible with my type of skin and it's kinda amazing because I once tried the Clinique 3 Steps and my skin reacted so so so so bad that I started to have dry skin. Literally!! I passed to very oily skin to very dry! And La Roche Posay Effaclar was the one who calmed my skin.
Now I don't do the same mistake. I can't live without this one. It's my number one product.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have gone through 4 bottles of this stuff and I can properly say that I love it! It lathers really well and gives me skin a really clean feeling. I highly recommend if you have oily/acne prone skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The worst facial cleanser I've tested. Maybe my skin is not oily enough for this, but it claims to be a "sensitive skin" type - and is definitely not. This completely dried out my skin, made it peel and sting so much. I completely hated it.

I'm constantly battling oily skin, this is the only cleanser I've found to keep the oil at bay and keep me matte for most of the day. The only drawback is the scent..it's very clinical but hey, it works!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This completely dried out my skin, made it peel and sting like crazy. Maybe my skin isn't oily enough, yet it claims to be for sensitive skin so I was surprised at how much it irritated my skin. Thankfully I was able to get a refund as I only used it for 4/5 days

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have always struggled with my sebaceous filaments on my nose, corners of my nose and the area around my chin, upper lip area and lower chin area, I have tried so many products and include Micro dermabrasion and light chemical peels. Short of actual physical exctration it can be really difficult. I also have skin that is mildly dry and can be easily irrated by products that foam a lot Usually the oil on my nose is difficult to penetrate and if I go overboard my skin will get very dry but still have huge filaments in it. A derm Dr recommended this product to me and I was skeptical but this combined with my Retin-A .5% around my nose and Differin gel on my chin at night ( my chin area is more senstive to Retin-A), with Bioderma pore refiner in the AM, seems to be working. I am on the fence because my skin feels a little tight after I wash it. Right now its summer time and its been rather humid here so I will have to see if this works ok for me in the winter, this does foam a little but not a lot, and I do double cleanse because I wear a heavy sunscreen and typically Japeanse Mascara's etc. I may try the other face wash they have more sensitive, but oily skin. I am a big fan of the brand.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really like this gel cleanser. The texture is light and foams lightly and surprisingly doesn't strip my face of all moisture. My skin just feels incredibly clean and happy afterwards.

The only drawback for me is the price. It retails for around $25 in Australia so I will only get it on sale.

I use this product for a long time and this is best cleanser for sensitive acne prone skin