3.7

price range

Reviews

3.0

2 months ago

Bought this after watching videos of Dr. Dray raving about it. I've been trying to get rid of skincare products with fragrance because I thought it would be better for my skin. This is the first product I bought suggested by Dr. Dray. My face looked the same the first week, bumps and all. Then I got a large pimple below my nose. A few days after that, my jawline was covered in so many tiny bumps. This was my experience. It varies from person to person. I've never really had great reactions to products that contain salicylic acid. I had high hopes for this product though. I will be sticking to my Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

4 months ago

Did not work well with my skin. I love LRP products but the effaclar wash did way more harm than good. I thought everything was going well, but after a few months of consistent use I broke out into deep cystic acne I’ve never seen before.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

5 months ago

EDIT: 11/17/19- I was correct in thinking the SA was keeping my skin more clear than the Cetaphil. It's now looking better again! Took off one lippie for packing as it wastes some as you open the tube. Original Review: I had used one bottle for almost a year (switching between this and regular face cleanser Cetaphil). I ran out a few months ago and didn't buy it again but I think even my weekly use of the salicylic acid in it worked nicely for my skin. I've been noticing breakouts on my cheeks and nothing much else has changed in my routine in the last 6 months. So I bought a new tube this week. Will update if I find it doesn't help at all but I suspect that SA was doing the trick.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

7 months ago

I bought LRP's Effaclar Gel Cleanser as a last ditch attempt to clear up a breakout that I've been battling for over a year - I've tried multiple different cleansers and products. This cleanser cleared up my skin within two weeks! I'd been battling the same breakout near my jawline for over a year and nothing was helping until this. I might have to find something else now that it's fixed because I do find it a tad drying and my face feels a bit tight but if you're ever looking for something to help with stubborn blemishes, I highly recommend this product!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

8 months ago

I got a lot of samples of this over several years whenever I buy la Roche sunscreen. They never fail to dry my skin out despite using the tiniest amount out of the small sample. It does foam well and a little goes a Long way .. but it’s too drying

About reviewer (536 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

a year ago

Not a good experience! I tried a small sample size of this and immediately it left my face feeling tight and uncomfortable, not in a 'reaction' sense but that it was just too harsh and drying. I used a few times and gave up on it, but even in that time I could not discern any visible difference whatsoever to pores or hormonal blemishes. The oiliness on my t-zone did subside initially but then by mid afternoon it would return with a vengeance - no surprise there, the sebaceous glands were probably overcompensating for all the sebum stripped out of my skin. Mild cleansers are definitely the way forward for oily skin from my experience.  Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

What a fantastic cleanser! For the last four months my skin has been falling apart. Figuratively and literally. I’ve experienced constant acne. It seems to be hormonal. Mostly in the nose/chin area. It has been taking a very long to heal. A total desperate time! I’ve been trying different cleansers, moisturizers and acne treatments. Nothing has really helped until I bought Effaclar. It’s only been a few days and there is significant improvement. I wash my face with this product morning and night. I haven’t noticed any new acne. The existing problems are getting better. I’m so happy!

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I switched my teen daughter from the Avene Cleanance line to the Effaclar line this week and her skin looks amazing, literally overnight. This cleanser is part of her new routine (plus Serozinc spray and Duo+ moisturizer/treatment) and I am stunned at the difference in only a matter of days.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

a year ago

So it's been a month since i've started using this cleanser. At the beginning my skin punished me with the famous "purge" as you call it. Tiny bumps all over my forehead but those stubborn sebaceous filaments started to seem less dark and "full" so I decided to keep going. Now my skin is as clear as it ever been and those tiny spots on my nose have almost disappeared. A bit pricey but the big pump bottle goes a looonnng way.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

Verdict: This product is overrated. It is a drugstore quality cleanser - not worth the price. Will never re-buy. Cons: I have oily, acne prone skin and this did not do anything for me. Over the period of using this I saw no reduction in oily-ness or acne. And, I have used this religiously. Pros: Cleans and removes makeup quite well. Not overly drying - but little drying (for my oily skin).

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral