La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser

La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser

3.7

Aqua / Water, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-3 Hydroxylauryl Ether, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Peg-4 Laurate, Zinc Pca, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Peg-4, Parfum / Fragrance.

on 6/26/2016 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What's that line from Drake? "You my right hand, you my go-to." Yeah, Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser.. you're my go-to.

I'm a huge fan of gel-based cleansers and this one truly takes the cake! It's strong enough to take my makeup off but gentle enough to calm any redness on my skin. I do find there is a slight scent but it's nothing off-putting or irritating. I cannot stress enough just how incredible this cleanser is. Along with using other products from the Effaclar line, my skin has improved and is my own personal version of 'flawless'.

I recommend the Effaclar line to anyone that comes my way with acne. It's perfection. It's incredible. BUY IT! You won't regret it!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Pretty good, doesn't irritate my skin, I used this for quite a while but I've recently found that it has been drying my skin out.

To Read all 245 Reviews, Login or Join

Works well with my combination skin. I like the way it foams and it feels like it cleans deep down. I use a moisturizer immediately after washing and it locks in moisture.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is my second try with this cleanser and unfortunately like many of us I had a serious breakout after using it for the second time. It went so bad that I had some spot on my ears!!! Like I never before. After searching which of rd new product I bought was the cause of my breakout I have never thought it would be this one especially knowing that I have used it before. They might have change something in the formula because now my skin is itchy and very very dry. Never again!

on 5/31/2016 9:34:00 PM

I can't use this anymore because it dries my skin a lot.

on 5/26/2016 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I`m using this washing gel for only 3 days and it dryed out and calmed fresh pimples, they are less visible. But it also dryed face skin overall, so it is necessary to peel of dead skin and put on moisturizer.
It also doesn`t irritate and cleans of make up very good.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This product.

This product man.

It's pretty much everything to me.

I use this in the mornings, followed by a moisturizer (because I'll admit, this stuff is NOT moisturizing). And I'm in love.

So it says oily skin, which I don't have, but it's really great for everyone. I really would assume you need a moisturizer in your routine to use it, and I know the initial price is off-putting but one 200ml tube lasted over A YEAR with me. A YEAR! So probably a little less for most people (because I'm very stingy with product use) but it is so worth the cost.

My break-outs shrunk so much when I started using this, and now I just get the occasional blemish. You do have to really make sure you rinse thoroughly, but it is so worth it. The best way I've found is to wet your face and hands, squeeze a little dollop into your palm and foam it up in your hands before you apply it to your face - it forms so easily if you get the right amount of water with it.

To note: I don't think this is fully fragrance free, so if you have uber uber sensitive skin it may irritate you a little. Granted, my skin is what I'd class as sensitive and I've had nothin but initial adjustment problems. This smells very similar to other products in the Effaclar range

I have been trying to use this up for months and it just DOES NOT GO. So it's good for longevity but that's about it. Way too expensive for basically a sensitive face wash. Why on earth they say it's for oily skin I don't know. I have oily skin and having used this daily, I would say it actually makes my skin more oily. Because it's so concerned with not drying the skin out, my skin feels oddly moisturised after I've washed my face. I don't want that. I want a face wash to get rid of all the oils and dirt. This does not do that. I've switched back to a cheaper Clean and Clear brand (I'm 30, I have no shame buying teenage products!) that is oil-free and am much happier with the results. This face wash is simply hiding behind the brand name. Save your money.

on 4/20/2016 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was always sceptical about this product, but after reading a raving review on a favourite beauty blog of mine I gave in and tried it out. Biggest MISTAKE of my life! Before using this I was breaking out on my cheeks with the odd spot which is why I purchased this. After the first use I thought wow this stuff is amazing, but by the second use oh my god!!! I broke out like crazy. I had small red spots all over my face and to make things worse my face felt unbelievably dry. I thought this might be caused from 'purging' so I kept using it. It's now been a week and my skin looks awful just full of bumps and whiteheads. So disappointed with this it doesn't deserve the hype at all, and it certainly isn't suitable for acne prone skin because it just aggravates it more. I'm surprised it says it's for sensitive skin as it's super harsh. Complete waste of money! Now I'm battling to get rid of the acne it caused. Definitely one of the worst acne product I've ever used.

This is hands down my HG face wash, I've not been without it for the past 2+ years. A 200ml tube (the only size I can purchase here in Ireland) lasts me over 9 months (no joke!) as you only need the tiniest amount to cleanse face & neck. It lathers to a luxurious, creamy foam and rinses completely clean without stripping my skin.
It seems pricey at first look but when you consider how long this will last, it works out as very economical.
My only gripe is the packaging. Mother of dragons! I really get annoyed with the tube. Maybe it's made of Kevlar or fortified with steel, or perhaps I've got atrociously weak arm muscles? Who knows. As it is, I've taken to dispensing it into a travel pump bottle to lessen the daily torment. (I like to save this task for when my PMS is at full throttle, then I rage-squeeze to my hearts content and am left with a couple of months of stress-free use while also sparing the humans in my immediate vicinity any actual bodily harm. Win - Win)