La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser
The best cleanser I have ever used <3No Title

3.7

Aqua / Water, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-3 Hydroxylauryl Ether, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Peg-4 Laurate, Zinc Pca, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Peg-4, Parfum / Fragrance.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have always struggled with my sebaceous filaments on my nose, corners of my nose and the area around my chin, upper lip area and lower chin area, I have tried so many products and include Micro dermabrasion and light chemical peels. Short of actual physical exctration it can be really difficult. I also have skin that is mildly dry and can be easily irrated by products that foam a lot Usually the oil on my nose is difficult to penetrate and if I go overboard my skin will get very dry but still have huge filaments in it. A derm Dr recommended this product to me and I was skeptical but this combined with my Retin-A .5% around my nose and Differin gel on my chin at night ( my chin area is more senstive to Retin-A), with Bioderma pore refiner in the AM, seems to be working. I am on the fence because my skin feels a little tight after I wash it. Right now its summer time and its been rather humid here so I will have to see if this works ok for me in the winter, this does foam a little but not a lot, and I do double cleanse because I wear a heavy sunscreen and typically Japeanse Mascara's etc. I may try the other face wash they have more sensitive, but oily skin. I am a big fan of the brand.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really like this gel cleanser. The texture is light and foams lightly and surprisingly doesn't strip my face of all moisture. My skin just feels incredibly clean and happy afterwards.

The only drawback for me is the price. It retails for around $25 in Australia so I will only get it on sale.

I use this product for a long time and this is best cleanser for sensitive acne prone skin

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I loooove the texture of this. It melts so nicely and feels silky. It does dry the skin a little bit, but does wonder for blemishes. Maybe I'll use it for areas I usually develop some pimples, but for now it's all over my face. Practically it deflated some blemishes over night, along with the Effaclar Duo. I'll buy this again for sure!

on 4/25/2017 2:53:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of this! I really love this cleanser-- especially after using it for two years. At first, I was ambivalent because it wasn't too great or too bad-- it did it's job without breaking me out and sometimes dried my skin out. I would get flakes (which disappeared once I started moisturizing using heavier creams and oils).

But then I tried tons of other facial cleansers and I kept coming back to this one. It cleans really well and just leaves me skin feeling really nice. Removes makeup. Doesn't break me out. I will probably continue repurchasing this forever. They also improved the packaging so that less product is wasted, which is nice. I like the smell as well, although some may find it too scented.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I find this cleanser to be effective at what it claims to do. Although the cleanser is aimed at oily sensitive skin, I find that it works equally well for combination skin. Even when I'm on prescription retinol I find that the cleanser does not irritate/dry out my skin. Works well in removing makeup (non-waterproof) as well.

on 3/28/2017 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Too drying for my combination skin. Had to stop using due to the irritation I get when I react to a product (coarse, red bumps on my cheeks and neck).

I read many reviews about this being a bit too drying but it was perfectly fine for me as it cleansed well without leaving my face stripped of moisture. It has a bit of an odd scent - not bad and I actually really like it - but it smells like real flowers which you usually don't expect a cleanser to smell like. I'm currently using a sample bottle and will purchase the full size when I'm done. It does cost a fair bit more than the average cleanser but the bottle is also really big so I think it's not actually expensive.

I haven't seen an improvement in my acne but then again I have very mild acne and I don't really expect a cleanser to solve my acne issues. I may also have to use it for longer to see a change.

EDIT: Burns my skin ): Luckily, I'm still using the sample bottle so I just threw that away.

on 3/18/2017 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I ran out of Cerave's Foaming Facial Cleanser and decided to get Effaclar Gel instead, mainly because it was significantly cheaper. All I needed was something to wash my face that wouldn't break the bank and my expectations were low - It would be a win if this cleanser didn't irritate my skin.

I have comination-oily skin that is also quite sensitive. I don't have acne (a couple of pimples once a month), but have incredibly large pores and blackheads. A lot of skincare products that are targeted to oily or combination skin are just too harsh for me. On the other hand, products that are gentler don't help my skin a lot either.

I was surprised to find out Effaclar Gel is actually perfectly balanced for me. It cleanses deeply and clears up my skin (making blackheads way less noticible), but isn't irritating and doesn't leave the skin feeling tight. I started using this at the same time I was using Effaclar Duo + and at first I thought it was the treatment that was really making a difference. When I finished Effaclar Gel and switched to a new face wash, I realized it was actually either the combination of the two or the gel alone.

I'll definitely go back to Effaclar Gel, which I later found out has an ideal ph of 5.5 as a bonus.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have been using it for years now, right when curing my really bad acne on my face, and right now I would day my face had cleared up a lot (of course sometimes I still do get a pimple or two, but they are due to lack of sleep or just sensitive to dusts.) My face is not perfect yet, but if yours is, let me know!

In compared to my previous experiences with other facial cleansing products, I do believe this facial cleanser is really PH balanced. I have buttoned nose, and the fold between the surface of my face and the side of my nose is very very sensitive, I can't make out if they are extremely dry or oily at times, so I just categorize the area as extremely sensitive. Other products like Tea Tree facial wash would sting that area, if not, it is too drying for my skin, like, too clean, and making my skin very tight. With this, my face feels clean, but it makes my skin retain the moisture/oil that it needs, really gentle to my skin and it does it's job as a facial cleanser as well.

Price wise is okay in Europe, pretty pricey in Singapore. Personally I will always come back for this.