Estée Lauder Go Tan Sunless Towelette

3.7

on 5/29/2009 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like the idea and it works. i sweept my face chest and shoulders twice with the towelette and made me two tone darker. I am fair medium and that is just enough for me. The tan it produced it flawless. It has no orange or red hues in so it seems to be an old tan not a fresh one. when i tan in the sun i like the color i have which is golden reddish brown. but after a week i have this flat brown which towelletes give. The smell is not nice but dissappears the next day and all self tanners have this nasty odor.

on 8/18/2008 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the best sunless tanner I have purchased. I chose the fair/medium since I hadn't ever used these before and next time I will probably get the dark. It didn't go on streaky and was easy to apply. I did my arms and chest myself and had my husband do my back without an issue.

I originally had used a dior bronzing shimmering something or another, that I thought was more like a tinted body lotion or would develop over time. The sales associate wasn't knowledgable so she was no help it explaining how to use it. Needless to say I woke up with some lovely streaks. I bought these and they were the easiest thing to use! They don't smell like anything really, atleast I can't smell them. They dried instantly and fixed all my streaks to give me a nice, even, bronzed tan. Even girls at my work were jealous lol, they wanted to know where I had been! Yes, $27 for a box of ten is outrageous, but the cloth is big and one is enough to do your neck/decollete/arms twice over. I use one for each leg though so I have enough to go over it twice. All in all, it's a great product. No funky smell, no drying time, and no streaks!

I thought these gave a great color, but found the price very expenisve for the number of towlettes in the box. No one seems to be bothered by the smell of these, but I think they smell horrible.

on 7/14/2005 11:44:00 PM

The towelettes for face and neck barely gave my fair-medium Asian skin any color. I had to use them days in a row before I got the color I wanted, which would mean I'd be going through many boxes of these towelettes all summer...and they aren't cheap! I decided to try Clarins Liquid Bronze instead and I love it.

on 4/10/2005 10:36:00 PM

I bought these yesterday without having read any reviews.
I didn't want to do my whole body so i chopped one in half and just used the half on my legs. I agree - the colour is very light, but, i have found that it didn't streak which is a good thing I guess. Quite expensive i suppose. Not totally sure if i would buy again, but will put yes for now.

I received about 10 of these towelettes from my MIL who is an EL rep (yeah - lots of free stuff for me!). I think these wipes are convenient and easy for travel. However, it is difficult to tell how much tanner you have applied and where. So, I would use it for traveling on a week long vacation, but not my choice at home, or for regular use.

on 8/13/2004 11:21:00 PM

Best self tanner yet. No streaking, super easy to apply and I didn't catch a whiff of that bad self tanner scent the next day. Lots of compliments from co-workers about how nice my tan looked! Will repurchase.

on 8/5/2004 2:14:00 PM

I was really hoping I would like this, but it didnt even show up on me! I have a medium skin tone, not super pale, but not dark. Okay, if these little towelletes cost $27.50 for only 10, I want to have a great tan! I think this would give a natural tan for someone with pale skin. But if you have medium or dark skin, this is not going to show up on you. What a bummer, I liked the towlellete idea, I was able to wipe down my whole body in one minute! I am going to return my towelletes and try the go bronze face tanner, it had good reviews.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I liked the color and the efficiency of the towels. However, because there is no color guide, I got a very streaky and uneven tan.