L'Oreal Sublime Bronze

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze
Sublime BronzeSublime BronzeSublime BronzeSublime Bronze

3.4

on 7/3/2017 6:27:00 PM

Unfortunately this product did leave streaks on my legs even when I tried to really rub it in. Has a strong door that I am not a fan of, is quite an orange color with a LOT of sparkles in it. Does not look natural at all, maybe use once in a while for an event of some kind that the sparkles would be alright for. I have light/medium skin tone and used the medium shade. Will not repurchase again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm a fair skin kinda gal that occasionally gets tan. I wanted a darker tan but not too dark where it looks fake or orange and I've bought the Jergans self tanners before but it doesn't give me the glow I'm looking for. So when I bought the medium shade I was nervous and afraid it was gonna be too harsh of a color on me but in the end it was what I wanted! This tanner is very pigmented so start out a little at a time to know how intense you want it, I don't mind the sparkles they're not as noticeable unless I'm in the sun. Be sure when you're in the shower to scrub it off before you apply a new layer because that's (I think) how people start to look like a oopa loopa lol

on 6/14/2017 11:28:00 AM

Really on the fence about this one. I love how easy it is to work with - I see instant results and haven't really had a problem with streakiness. However, the glitter/shimmer in it is SO over the top. I would love it if they made a lotion without the glitter because I'm really not a fan, the color can look as natural as can be but no one is gonna believe my tan is real if I'm sparkly all over my body......

I have been using this on my face for years. i use it at night after moisturizer and wake up with a nice glow. Can't find anything that feels as good. I get a spray tan for my body.

on 6/4/2016 6:45:00 PM

Makes you look like a Twilight vampire in the sun. Horrid orange cast with insane glitter. Ain't nobody got time to let this develop then rinse off the glitter massacre! And sleeping in it overnight isn't really an option since it rubs off on your sheets. Not as hideous if you mix it with body lotion to apply, but only if you're desperate. This is trash.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe this even has decent reviews.. Look, I am not one to be incredibly harsh on my reviews, I'm usually understanding that some things just don't work for some people it doesn't make them bad. However, I have tried quite a few self tanners and most of them have been at the drugstore. This is hands down the worst one I have tried-- so bad that I wish I had kept the receipt to return it. And it was one of the most expensive as well. For reference I am fair skinned and purchased the shade "medium"

I'll start with the positives: it dries fairly quickly, doesn't have a terrible smell initially. and makes you a couple shades darker after the first application.

For negatives: wow everything else. I gave this two shots and thought maybe my first try was just user error. The second time I was very careful with application and made sure to completely blend it in. Nope.

This leaves streaks SO easily! I didn't apply it on my entire body (thankfully) but if you are going to apply it on your legs it's going to turn out orange around your feet and your knees. This happened even though I initially applied lotion to those areas before tanner application. I even had a few streaks on my calves and thighs despite properly blending.

The color is more on the orange side than a natural bronze, it definitely looks like a fake tan. I have eczema and dry skin and this CLINGS to any dry patches or break outs and accentuates them and it also irritates my skin and makes it itchy and more prone to an eczema break out!

The DHA smell from this product once it sets is terrible and the glittery orange bronze color guide it leaves at initial application both mean you really are going to want to rinse this off once the tan develops. So IMO you can't really put this on and run out the door unless you like the stink and don't mind looking like you put on glitter bronzer.

Pretty much, I hate this product and am throwing it in the trash. If you're in search of a good self tanner at the drugstore that doesn't require many applications to achieve a dark tan I recommend the Banana Boat Summer Color in Deep Dark. It's cheaper and so, so, so much better than this. Also, for an amazing daily gradual tanning lotion at the drugstore, I highly recommend Malibu Tan Hempz Golden Glow (better than Jergen's!)

on 5/17/2016 2:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm already olive skinned, yet, in late spring when I wear more skirts and dresses with bare legs, I like to have a touch of a bronze glow. This product is perfect for that. I have never tried to get really dark with it, but I'm sure you could achieve that!
I used this a few days ago. I applied 1 coat and waited 1 and a half hours then applied another. The big downsides were 1) I felt sticky 2) the smell. I don't mind the smell. It's mild. But, my husband can't take it, so I apply it when he's not home and I usually shower in an hour or two after applying it. I'm very very pleased with this. I have a small patch of dry skin on my ankle and I did apply regular lotion to that spot before applying this, but it still turned a little darker. It's not that obvious.

The instructions say to exfoliate well first. I was short on time so I just used a wet wash cloth all over my arms as legs where I put the tanner. It worked just fine.

For the price, the payoff on this product is wonderful!

***I just uploaded a pic in my profile of my legs with this product on them! This photo was taken on the second day of using this. I also used it the day before. Very pleased w results!!

Let me start by saying I am super duper white. I'm Irish/Scottish, and can't tan on my own to save my life. I think I literally reflect the sun with my luminescent (read: reflective) white skin. The only way my skin will increase melanin production is if I first burn, or apply a fake tan of any kind to first darken my natural color, allowing it to absorb some sunlight.

Last year (2015), before I got married, I decided I would try fake tanning so I didn't scare off beach-goers on the honeymoon. I tried Jergens natural something-or-other. I make me sort of orange, and was hard to apply. I returned it and got the L'oreal bronze self-tanning gel in medium. It was also hard to apply evenly, but gave me a fairly natural looking tan. With some practice, I was able to fake a tan like a pro. Still, the product was hard to apply evenly if I was paying absolute attention.
Flash-forward to this year (2016). I finished off the rest of my 2015 bottle of gel and went to Walmart to repurchase. Since I was unable to find the gel, I bought a bottle of the lotion. It is so much easier to apply! It dries so quickly and you can see, from the tint, where you've already applied or haven't applied. The smells of both are the same to me. It's a fake tanner, it's not gonna smell too great. The chemicals in it aren't meant to be perfumy and nice, they're meant to tan you!

on 5/16/2015 2:54:00 PM

I bought this stuff in the pump/foam form - one word, brutal!

First off, I was able to get one leg done before the pump broke. The product started to come out of the sides of the pump, it was so messy and horrible. I spent over a week going back and forth with L'Oreal to have the situation rectified.

I managed to figure out how to use what I could anyway - since I already had one leg done. NOTE: Prior to use I shaved, exfoliated, and moisturized.

I was really excited to find this product, I can never find "drug store" versions of foam self tanners.

It applied sort of streaky while still wet, but not horribly. Once it dried, it settled into some of the pores on my legs, which I think looks really bad! I also find that this only happens w/ self tanners that have shimmer in them. I never had this issue w/ Vita Liberata. It also dried very streaky.

The product feels very sticky on your body, it took more than a couple of hours to feel "dry". The next day was a real test, I was outside in the hot heat at a baby shower. The product seemed to smudge around with any sweat/moisture. My legs looked muddy. I could not wait to get home and just scrub it off!

If you can get this product to work - all the power to ya!

I know it's stupid sparkly but it seems less so now than originally. I only use it on my legs and arms and not every day but I like it better than anything else I've used. I'm pretty fair but I find the medium looks very natural. I'm not super careful applying but I rarely have a streaking problem.