L'Oreal Sublime Bronze

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze
Sublime BronzeSublime BronzeSublime BronzeSublime Bronze

3.4

I have been using this on my face for years. i use it at night after moisturizer and wake up with a nice glow. Can't find anything that feels as good. I get a spray tan for my body.

on 6/4/2016 6:45:00 PM

Makes you look like a Twilight vampire in the sun. Horrid orange cast with insane glitter. Ain't nobody got time to let this develop then rinse off the glitter massacre! And sleeping in it overnight isn't really an option since it rubs off on your sheets. Not as hideous if you mix it with body lotion to apply, but only if you're desperate. This is trash.

To Read all 409 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe this even has decent reviews.. Look, I am not one to be incredibly harsh on my reviews, I'm usually understanding that some things just don't work for some people it doesn't make them bad. However, I have tried quite a few self tanners and most of them have been at the drugstore. This is hands down the worst one I have tried-- so bad that I wish I had kept the receipt to return it. And it was one of the most expensive as well. For reference I am fair skinned and purchased the shade "medium"

I'll start with the positives: it dries fairly quickly, doesn't have a terrible smell initially. and makes you a couple shades darker after the first application.

For negatives: wow everything else. I gave this two shots and thought maybe my first try was just user error. The second time I was very careful with application and made sure to completely blend it in. Nope.

This leaves streaks SO easily! I didn't apply it on my entire body (thankfully) but if you are going to apply it on your legs it's going to turn out orange around your feet and your knees. This happened even though I initially applied lotion to those areas before tanner application. I even had a few streaks on my calves and thighs despite properly blending.

The color is more on the orange side than a natural bronze, it definitely looks like a fake tan. I have eczema and dry skin and this CLINGS to any dry patches or break outs and accentuates them and it also irritates my skin and makes it itchy and more prone to an eczema break out!

The DHA smell from this product once it sets is terrible and the glittery orange bronze color guide it leaves at initial application both mean you really are going to want to rinse this off once the tan develops. So IMO you can't really put this on and run out the door unless you like the stink and don't mind looking like you put on glitter bronzer.

Pretty much, I hate this product and am throwing it in the trash. If you're in search of a good self tanner at the drugstore that doesn't require many applications to achieve a dark tan I recommend the Banana Boat Summer Color in Deep Dark. It's cheaper and so, so, so much better than this. Also, for an amazing daily gradual tanning lotion at the drugstore, I highly recommend Malibu Tan Hempz Golden Glow (better than Jergen's!)

on 5/17/2016 2:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm already olive skinned, yet, in late spring when I wear more skirts and dresses with bare legs, I like to have a touch of a bronze glow. This product is perfect for that. I have never tried to get really dark with it, but I'm sure you could achieve that!
I used this a few days ago. I applied 1 coat and waited 1 and a half hours then applied another. The big downsides were 1) I felt sticky 2) the smell. I don't mind the smell. It's mild. But, my husband can't take it, so I apply it when he's not home and I usually shower in an hour or two after applying it. I'm very very pleased with this. I have a small patch of dry skin on my ankle and I did apply regular lotion to that spot before applying this, but it still turned a little darker. It's not that obvious.

The instructions say to exfoliate well first. I was short on time so I just used a wet wash cloth all over my arms as legs where I put the tanner. It worked just fine.

For the price, the payoff on this product is wonderful!

***I just uploaded a pic in my profile of my legs with this product on them! This photo was taken on the second day of using this. I also used it the day before. Very pleased w results!!

Let me start by saying I am super duper white. I'm Irish/Scottish, and can't tan on my own to save my life. I think I literally reflect the sun with my luminescent (read: reflective) white skin. The only way my skin will increase melanin production is if I first burn, or apply a fake tan of any kind to first darken my natural color, allowing it to absorb some sunlight.

Last year (2015), before I got married, I decided I would try fake tanning so I didn't scare off beach-goers on the honeymoon. I tried Jergens natural something-or-other. I make me sort of orange, and was hard to apply. I returned it and got the L'oreal bronze self-tanning gel in medium. It was also hard to apply evenly, but gave me a fairly natural looking tan. With some practice, I was able to fake a tan like a pro. Still, the product was hard to apply evenly if I was paying absolute attention.
Flash-forward to this year (2016). I finished off the rest of my 2015 bottle of gel and went to Walmart to repurchase. Since I was unable to find the gel, I bought a bottle of the lotion. It is so much easier to apply! It dries so quickly and you can see, from the tint, where you've already applied or haven't applied. The smells of both are the same to me. It's a fake tanner, it's not gonna smell too great. The chemicals in it aren't meant to be perfumy and nice, they're meant to tan you!

I know it's stupid sparkly but it seems less so now than originally. I only use it on my legs and arms and not every day but I like it better than anything else I've used. I'm pretty fair but I find the medium looks very natural. I'm not super careful applying but I rarely have a streaking problem.

on 5/16/2015 2:54:00 PM

I bought this stuff in the pump/foam form - one word, brutal!

First off, I was able to get one leg done before the pump broke. The product started to come out of the sides of the pump, it was so messy and horrible. I spent over a week going back and forth with L'Oreal to have the situation rectified.

I managed to figure out how to use what I could anyway - since I already had one leg done. NOTE: Prior to use I shaved, exfoliated, and moisturized.

I was really excited to find this product, I can never find "drug store" versions of foam self tanners.

It applied sort of streaky while still wet, but not horribly. Once it dried, it settled into some of the pores on my legs, which I think looks really bad! I also find that this only happens w/ self tanners that have shimmer in them. I never had this issue w/ Vita Liberata. It also dried very streaky.

The product feels very sticky on your body, it took more than a couple of hours to feel "dry". The next day was a real test, I was outside in the hot heat at a baby shower. The product seemed to smudge around with any sweat/moisture. My legs looked muddy. I could not wait to get home and just scrub it off!

If you can get this product to work - all the power to ya!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this from boots as I love testing out new self tanners I am very fair skinned but I tan almost every day with good results from most of the tanners I've used so I would class my self as an experienced fake baker!
This stuff though is really runny takes along time to rub in and even soaked through my tanning mitt turning my hands orange! The smell is very strong and chemically the colours a very unflattering shade of orange and glittery which looks really unnatural I also found it hard to get off and very drying on my skin and it clings to elbows and hands!
I expect to go slightly orange as I'm naturally very pale and I do wear a lot of tan but this stuff is the worst save your money st.moriz is better

on 2/25/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This tanner works well on my fair skin with warm undertones. I moisturize before and use very little to make sure I don't get any streaks or blotches. Yes it is very sparkly and the smell is tough but the color is nice lm warm undertoned ladies :) however if you're cool toned I would run away.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I just don't learn as I have used this several times hoping for better results! I earned the nickname Streaky after using this before a trip to Hawaii. I am very fair and very used to applying self tanners, however I just could not keep this product from going on unevenly. It was unnatural and seemed to get worse as time went on. Unfortunately it did last a long time. I was a weird orange color and streaky to boot! Might work for darker skin tones but I would recommend you stay far away from this one if you are fair.