Matrix Matrix Essentials Instacure

4.5

INGREDIENTS Aqua/Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Amodimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-11, Diazolidinyl, Urea, Quaternium-22, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG4/12, Dimethicone, Benzalkonium Chloride, parfum / fragrance, Polysorbate 20, Cetrimoium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Citric Acid, Benzophenone-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl, methypropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Alpha-isomethyl, ionone, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, methionine, Lysine Hydrochloride, Tyrosine, Cysteine.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Apparently this is not discontinued coz I recently came by this from Great Clips for $14. It is a leave in conditioner spray. For USD$14 ur getting a huge bottle of a salon brand! I usually buy my hair care from Kroger but when i had a deep condish treatment/trim I asked them at the salon (Great Clips) what the stylist rec'd for my over porous dry damaged from heat but I have about 6 inches of virgin hair & im trying to grow it out (it is an inch or 2 shy of BSL) & this is what was rec'd. I really like it! Smells clean, my hair seems better from both the DC & this product. I was using Gorge* leave in but I was almost out when I bought this. Seems to coax the natural curls out n iam avoiding heat whenever poss except warm water but my hair was wrecked & it seems to be improving. This isn't too oily nor thick (eg Redken), I'm glad to have found this! Try it esp if you have overly porous hair or fried hair.

I used thsi a few months ago when I ran out of my Biolage daily leave in conditioner. This was like spraying water on my hair. I could have put some regular hair conditioner in a bottle with water an received better results. I returned thsi to teh salon and was able to purchase what I usually use. If it works fro you then that is great but ,it was NOT a miracle to me. It didn't even detangle. I will never purchase again.

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/5/2011 9:02:00 PM

I love this product. It is a miracle as far as I am concerned. When I use it, my hair magically becomes more manageable, soft, and easy to style. It adds volume without making hair greasy or heavy. My former hairdresser used it constantly on me. I go to a new salon now that doesn't carry Matrix, so I bought another bottle elsewhere. It's fantastic. You spray it on when your hair is wet, comb it through, and then proceed with your other products and styling routine. It just makes for a great hair day! My hair is swingy, bouncy, and holds the style I want it to.

It is also handy if you need to dampen an area to re-style, such as if your bangs dry too fast before you style them. Instacure will add moisture and let you re-style without making them greasy.

It is expensive, but worth it! The bottle lasts quite awhile. If I found a dupe I would be happy to consider it, though!

I have been using this treatment for a solid 2 years now. It makes my hair more manageable and easier to work with. I concentrate it on my ends and they become as smooth as a dream! I use it whenever I wash my hair (every other day - 2 days). I literally cannot explain how much softer my hair is with this product. It helps my ends and also can be used as a detangler. It claims to be a heat protectant as well, but I use another just to keep my hair safe. I recommend this to anyone and everyone, I'm hooked!

I bought this last May because the lady at the salon said it would be better for my fine hair than the All Soft heavy cream I was going to buy. It works very well. I don't use it every time, but I brought it home with me for winter break and it's saving my hair. My dad's house has well water and my hair has been very hard to comb through. This and my boar bristle brush are the only things helping.

I really like this hair product. After using some volumizing shampoos/conditioners that dried my hair out, I was having some major breakage and hair problems. My amazing hair lady always uses this on me, and she has swore by it for over a decade. She has always said that when she uses Instacure, her hair is healthy, less breakage, and less split ends. I'm not sure why I didn't try it before! I guess we shall see over time, but, today is my 3rd day to use it and I'm in love. Detangles my hair nicely so that I don't rip it out, seems to strengthen it (less breakage after I use it), and does not weigh my hair down at all. I'm hooked! It's about $15 at Ulta before their coupons or sales!

I have used this leave in for years. I even put it in my hair before I colour to help the colour adhere. It is excellent for damaged hair so if you highlight your hair this is a must!

on 3/10/2007 8:19:00 PM

I haven't tried this product --- yeah, I know you're wondering WHY???? Well, I just wanted to note that I saw a post by a hairdresser saying that he believed Infusium 23 and Instacure are close to the same product. I have to say I love Infusium 23, so if you want to save some $$$ and maintain healthy hair, try Infusium!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This was my favorite spray in conditioner back when I was 15-17...I dyed my hair every color of the rainbow,sometimes twice a month,and I swear this is one of the few things that saved it and made it beautiful!..awesome smell,made it soft,shiny,and HEALTHY LOOKING!...and then one day when I was 17 or 18,it kind of dissappeared off the face of the earth.None of my salons carried it anymore,so we all just assumed it had been discontinued,and I went on with my life.One day last year I was shopping at Ulta and I seen it and about died..I couldn't believe that after all of these years (I'm 28 now),I found it!Man I love this stuff,and I won't live without it again!PLEASE don't ever discontinue it,Matrix!

on 2/2/2007 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I love this product. It detangles and smells heavenly! It is supposed to protect hair from UV and blowdrying and never weighs hair down or makes it feel like you have product in your hair. I have fine hair that tends to get oily and this is super. I will always use this. Did I mention it smells wonderful? (-:

Popular Hair Treatments