Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask
Clear Pore Cleanser MaskClear Pore Cleanser MaskClear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

My dermatologist recommended this for a cystic condition in my underarms. It is extremely cooling so I can see how it could be uneasant on the face. It worked wonders on my underarms. I rarely ever get a bad cyst anymore and it cut down on bacteria enough that some open cysts were able to heal closed. I also have normal acne on my back and use this as a wash about 4 to 5 times a week, as a spot treatment on all my spots once a week, and on a new or painful pimple whenever necessary. For me this stuff is a miracle worker but I can absolutely see how people, especially with sensitive skin, would not like it. I haven't used it on my face partially because I don't need to and partially because my skin tends to be dry and I think this would just upset my face. If you're thinking of trying this I would recommend buying it at a store you know you can return it to if you don't like it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I honestly made an account to review this product. I think it's a life saver honestly. I've dealt with acne since the 6th grade and if I had this back then I wouldn't have had acne and I would've stopped it.

My skin has turned really bad lately. Usually it's extremely oily and, since I wear glasses, my nose oil always made my glasses slip off and it's pretty irritating, plus everyone always made fun of how shiny my forehead is lol. Recently my acne has turned into an inbetween of cystic and regular acne, because of the summer time, and through a combination of intense facials and this mask my acne is pretty much gone, and my skin's just really oily now, unless I use this mask.

I used to use it everyday in the morning when my acne was pretty bad, and now I use it 2-3 times a week but I leave it on for 20 minutes (even though it says 5, I've tried 5 to no effect, so if your skin is extremely oily I recommend 10-20 mins) and after scrubbing it off with a washcloth, I wash my face with Cetaphil and put toner on. I stopped using this for a while and noticed how clogged my nose pores were so I put it on for about 20 minutes and after washing it all off, my nose pores looked 100x better and weren't that blackish color anymore. During the day my skin is not oily at all and my BB cream used to slip and slide because of oil, no matter how much powder I managed to cake on, and now it stays effortlessly.

Only buy if you have extremely oily skin!! The kind of skin that makes your forehead look like a mirror!! My brother has used it and he has dry, sensitive skin and it dried him out infinitely more. If you're at a target or something you should definitely give this product a go!

on 10/14/2016 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I've been using this on and off for about 8 years. I use it about 3 or 4 times a week and at least once a week as a spot treatment or mask. It is effective and works at combating acne and blackheads. I've been an acne sufferer since I was in my late 20's (grrrr adult cystic acne!) and my skin is do finicky! My skin hates most cleansers; they are either too drying, too harsh or leave residue. This one is heavy duty yet gentle and works quickly at soothing and disinfecting bacteria in pores. My dermatologist recommended this to me way back when and when my skin is acting up, I always come back to this with excellent results.

It's super thick and you only need a dollop. As a mask a thin layer is all you need and as a cleanser make sure you add plenty of water so it can lather. I've tried everything under the sun to combat acne but with this and the Grapefruit Makeup Remover Wipes my skin is balanced and much clearer.

I've struggle with acne over 10 years and prett much tried every drugstore cleanser and this is the only cleanser that has worked. I'm not saying it cleared my face, but it has improved it. I no longer have severe acne; it's more mild. Compared to how it was before it's a major improvement. I will say that it will take your skin some time to get used to it because of the 3.5% of benzoyl peroxide. It dries your face, so I would recommend using a moisturizer that doesn't break you out.

on 8/10/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I know several people said this burned their face, I did not have that issue. My face is accustomed to benzoyl peroxide, so that might be why. I find this to not cause any new break outs on my skin, which is a huge plus, and it helps clear up my existing acne. I believe the kaolin clay in it also helps absorb some of the oil, because it does help control shine. I leave it on ~1 minute, and use it twice a day, and it's really helped to clear up my skin. I had a nasty break out the week before my wedding and my anxiety has subsided after only 2 days because this has helped dramatically calm everything down.

I bought this 2 weeks ago and have used it twice a week in that time. My cheeks usually have some clogged pores, but they were looking especially bad and I wanted to find a mask to help with it. I picked this up after reading a lot of good reviews about it years ago. I haven't used it as a cleanser but as a mask I leavr it on for five minutes and my skin is not sensitive to it. The first time I used it and washed it off I wasn't sure if it did anything, but the next morning I was surprised to see that most of my clogged pores were gone! This is the most effective mask I have ever used to unclog pores I have ever tried! After these past two weeks and four applications, I have a few spots left, but my skin has never looked so good since my skin started getting more blemishes after I turned 19.

THIS USED TO BE PERFECT. I AM DYING. I have been using this for almost four years, it's the only wash that keeps my face so clear and smooth. I noticed I had been breaking out, which caught me by surprise, then I realized this cleanser felt and smelled different on my face; watery, runny and a total mess of a product. The older one had consistency and would actually absorb to my skin. I ended up calling Neutrogena directly to see what was going on, turns on they recently changed the ingredients, reformulated the product but didn't put in on the label. SO BEWARE!!! I have been going to different Targets and i've been able to find the old formulation. Just a hint, the old formulation has Fragrance as the last ingredient, the new one does not. So if you go and look for the old one, make sure it says fragrance as the very last ingredient and you're good.

on 5/6/2016 9:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My thoughts on this product are really sketchy. I used it as a mask and afterward my face felt really nice, but it was EXTREMELY red. Usually your face gets red anytime there is any weird activity, so I can see why my face is red. I have no clue if it cleared my pores, but right now I'm not too optimistic.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Okay as a mask but not great. It did help treat any inflamed blemishes but I did not really notice any prevention.
I did not like it as a cleanser as it did not really cleanse well at all.
I think it is better as a mask and even spot treatments.

I absolutely love this product. It is the only face wash that keeps my skin looking even, fresh, and smooth all at once. Whenever I tend to try other face washes just for comparison reasons, I tend to always go back to this one. I find that other face washes leave my skin feeling unclean and uneven. I hope this product never ever discontinues! I absolutely love this product with all of me and have been a faithful user of a few years now.