Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.1

on 1/14/2018 5:55:00 AM

So I realllly wanted to love this foundation after reading reviews and hearing the kardashians rated it. For me this is probably THE worst foundation I have ever used. No exaggeration. I can only think this works if you have perfect skin.

The girl I purchased it from was lovely and told me for more coverage apply with beauty blender. However when I did this I found the blender ate it all up as the product is soooo watery.
I tried with a brush which was slightly better but didn’t feel it gave me a “silky” look. After a day of wearing it I found it went so patchy and I mean like having to rub it in in places making my already combo skin look worse.

The packaging is great as it’s small so fits in bags easier but for me that was the only plus with this product. Massively over rated and over priced deffo not re purchasing. Sorry to bring the rating down but feel maybe this isn’t great for combo skin!!

on 12/12/2016 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite foundation (alongside MAC's face & body)!

I'm an nc30 and my shade in this foundation is 5.75!

EDIT: I just ran out of my first bottle and decided to repurchase but this time i decided to go for shade 6, and it evidently looks better on me than 5.75!

I don't think one is darker than another, the only difference is in the undertone -6 is more yellow/golden whereas 5.75 is more peachy!

on 6/24/2016 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Your skin but better, light weight everyday foundation that just gives your own skin a sheer glow coating without feeling like your wearing any makeup. Wouldn't recommend if you are after a full coverage foundation

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I could see the layer of foundation sitting on my flaky top layer of skin. Horrible. I rated this product a 1. Then recently, I revisited this product in shade #6 and found it to be amazing! Either they changed the formulation or my skin changed, but this shade now works beautifully. Set with loose powder, it gives me a flawless look.

on 2/15/2016 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm on then fence with this one
And I do like it when mixed with another (mufe hd)
But the color isn't my favourite and it's my closest match
I feel it can almost oxidise and the wear isn't as long as others
But this is a more dewy foundation
And I do love it I just don't live it when first applied and after about 6 hrs
But there is a four hr window where I'm in love with this foundation
Love the texture , easy to blend and the packaging is just heavenly
It's a very high end foundation and I don't pay full retail so the price wasn't killer but I wouldn't pay full price for this
I am yet tho to find that foundation that makes me fall in love head over heals and that I can't wait to wear and I had hoped this was it , but alas I will keep searching

on 11/3/2015 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my second bottle I've purchased, why? Because I threw the other one out because I hated it so much a couple years back.
I now have figured out how to wear it for my oily skin and I am in love. I haven't touched my other foundations in weeks (big deal for a foundation addict like myself).
Ok I have oily combo skin. About NC30/35 olive undertones. 6.5 in this fits me nice when I have a slight tan. I always have an issue with foundation being the wrong undertone and this one just gets it so right!
I moisturise and prime with hourglass mineral primer. I didn't prime previously which is probably why I hated it first one I owned it. Then I use a flat buffing brush to buff it onto the skin. The initial finish is natural. Not dewy or luminous. Just a healthy natural skin finish. I do not set it. After a few mins it seems to set itself enough for me to be able to go in with bronzer and blush smoothly without being patchy.
Throughout the day I get some oil breakthrough but it just makes my skin looks luminous and not oily. I don't know how but it becomes luminous as the day goes on. The pigment is fantastic and remains the same all day. Smoothes over my pores. Medium to full coverage with no cakiness whatsoever.
This has really surprised me and I thought I was being real crazy spending the money to give this another shot but I just love it at the moment.
Oily ladies just try priming first. I'm not a primer girl but I tried and I'm so happy with the result.

on 12/21/2014 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am normally an NC30. I have this in 5 and the Matte version of it in 5 and 5.5. I absolutely love all of them. I just ran out of luminous and will be repurchasing. I love that it gives a natural but full coverage look. Everytime I wear it I always get compliments and people always ask which foundation I am using. The pricing is a little high but worth every cent.

OVERPRICED.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Best foundation yet! Great colour selection, photographs nicely. Gives you a beautiful glow, Lightweight yet decent coverage, doesn't oxidise, stays put all day. Great for your kit and personal use

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail foundation! It has an amazing flawless finish on my combination skin. It doesn't oxidise and it has amazing lasting power with a decent primer. I cannot fault this except for maybe the price. However,Nars Sheer Glow works out the same price when you include buying the pump. This also photographs beautifully. I wear shade 6.25 which matches my nc30/35 STROMBOLI skin. where have you been all my life?