Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.4

on 1/20/2017 8:49:00 PM

Holy Grail and im very hard to please. This is a beautiful foundation, my only regret is not finding it sooner.

Its a medium coverage but can be built up to full or sheared out. It glides on like a dream, it has lots of playtime so it doesnt dry too quickly, its so easy to blend, doesn't sit in pores or fine lines, I can put it under my eyes and dont have to worry about creasing, it covers all my redness as I get dry rosacea on my cheeks, it doesn't cling to dry patches or look cakey. Its luminous but slightly matt at the same time if that makes sense. Its also very neutral toned.

I usually wear Double wear foundation and I do really love it but I find that it clings to my dry skin if I dont prime extremly well and even then it can look cakey and sometimes it settles into lines and can show up dry patches so ive been on the hunt for something similar but more suited to my skin type and Luminous silk is definitely it. I have a feeling it might not suit very oily skin types so id say get a sample if youre unsure, it seems like its more suited to normal/dry skin.

Its expensive but worth it in my opinion and anyway its only 5 euro more than Double wear so I dont feel im spending much more than I usually would anyway.

Edit to add, I took a bad reaction to a new cleanser recently, I rarely get spots but this new cleanser left me with a rash on my forehead, painful cystic spots on my temples and chin and little red spots every where else, it also left my skin very dry, Luminous Silk was a god send for me, it covered all my redness and evened my skin tone with two pumps without causing any further irritation. I love this foundation!!

I found that this foundation was too heavy coverage. It felt like it sat on top of the skin. It didn't give me a dewy look as I have had from other foundations. The color selection was too orange for my skin tone.

on 4/4/2016 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty great "event foundation", it provides medium coverage that doesn't look dull. In a way it reminds me of MUFE HD as it looks great in photographs but with a better finish in person. Unfortunately, application can be tricky as it tends to exaggerate dry spots or pores when applied in a hurry or with the wrong tools. The other problem is that the shade selection is not ideal - I got a warm/yellow shade and it still looked too beige and this seems to be the case in the light-medium shades as a whole. Overall, make sure to get a sample to test it because even though it is a great foundation, it is pricy and a bit tricky to apply. I personally won't use it as an every day foundation.

This is an HG foundation and it's worth every single penny. I got mine I shade 4 which is so the wrong shade for me but I sould at least be a 5 or 6 but it still works for me I like that it is silky and it does have a sheen like silk. When it's on the skin It feels so nice and not heavy at all this just an amazing foundation and I would repurchase this over and over again I even got my sister on it and she loves it too!

on 12/21/2014 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am normally an NC30. I have this in 5 and the Matte version of it in 5 and 5.5. I absolutely love all of them. I just ran out of luminous and will be repurchasing. I love that it gives a natural but full coverage look. Everytime I wear it I always get compliments and people always ask which foundation I am using. The pricing is a little high but worth every cent.

on 3/8/2014 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

THE FORMULA:
Firstly, this is a good pick for DRY SKIN, not recommended for oily skin whatsoever. LIGHT MEDIUM to BUILDABLE coverage. This foundation is runny, but not so runny that it becomes difficult to apply. It is water based so it does not have an emollient like consistecy, however it is good for dry skin. LOOKS BEAUTIFULLY LUMINOUS WHEN FIRST APPLIED. I was going through a period of very dry flakey skin when I purchased this foundation to wear at my sisters wedding. It applied very well without catching onto the dry patches, but I did apply a very rich night cream the day before the wedding to ensure that my makeup does not cling to my dry skin. Overall the formula is GOOD but at $90 Australian Dollars I had expected it to be faultless.

THE COLOR RANGE:
Giorgio Armani uses a very odd numbering system (4, 5, 5.75, 6, 6.5, 7 ect) and is very confusing because the numbers do not necessary indicate the darkness of the shades in ascending order. I found shade 5 to be darker than shade 6. There is also no particular order for undertones. For instances, 5 is pink, 6 is yellow, 6.5 is reddish, 7 is pink. It is best to head to the counter and get a professional colormatch. Mine was spot on, I am SHADE 6.5 and for reference I wear STROMBOLI in Nars Sheer Glow NC35-40 in Mac Studio Tech and TAWNY in Estee Lauder Double Wear.

APPLICATION:
I applied this with a BEAUTYBLENDER. Because I have dry skin this was the best option for me. Ideally it should be buffed into the skin with a Kabuki if your skin can tolerate it. I would not recommend applying this with your fingers simply because this will result in a very sheer application.

STAYING POWER:
This foundation is definitely not long wearing. It will start to fade in the T-zone and breakdown after 5 HOURS MAX

THE VERDICT:
I will not buy this again mainly due to poor staying power and $90 AUD price tag!!!!

Check out my blog for more info and pics: http://arwaselixir.blogspot.com.au/

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

For reference I am NC30 and use #6. The color seems slightly lighter when I put it on but it leaves room for oxidation. Within 5 minutes my face looks amazing. I use Laura Merciers loose mineral foundation as a setting powder (since my skin gets crazy oily in the Tzone area). I have worn the GA foundation for the last three weeks and I haven't had any breakouts and my makeup looks flawless all day. I had to go in to a 6am meeting and a coworker asked what I had been doing differently. She then went on to say that my skin looked fresh and glowy. I have honestly received number compliments. I wouldn't suggest buying it straight up, but get a sample and see if you love it as much as I do. The only down side is the ridiculous price. $60 only splurged because of the amazing reviews. I'll probably be trying Chanel's Aqua next

Light to medium buildable coverage. Very natural looking. Looks like you didn't wear any foundation. Long lasting. But for my acne scars, I need several layers to cover them up. Which is the reason I switched to GA lasting uv foundation. A great product for people with less skin problem.

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

It pains me to love this foundation, but I really, really do. Let me count the ways:
(1) It comes in a wide variety of shades (I use the palest one, and I really appreciate that Armani goes pale enough for me, as a lot of lines don't--Clinique and BeneFit, I'm looking at you).
(2)The bottle looks beautiful sitting on my bathroom counter.
(3) It gives full coverage for when I'm having a bad face day, which has been often lately
(4)It feels light on my skin, despite the aforementioned full coverage, and doesn't make me break out.
(5) I really only need one pump to get full coverage for my entire face, which makes the very high price point much more bearable.
(6) While it's a real, proper foundation--this is full coverage (I know I've been saying that a lot), not a "no makeup" look--it doesn't look cakey or heavy.

If I had better skin than I currently do (helloooooo bar exam and new job), I would probably reserve this for special occasions and bad skin days, because while I like the look of proper full-coverage foundation, it's more "done" than I *need* to be on a daily basis. But as every day is currently a bad skin day, I need all the help I can get, and I've been using this regularly. The SA at Nordstrom recommended this formula for normal/combination skin, but I'd definitely be interested in trying out other Armani foundations. And if I'm going to drop a lot of money on one product (other than skincare), it's going to be foundation.

on 5/6/2012 11:14:00 PM

I initially had a love/hate relationship with this product. When I first tried it, it made me look too 'luminous'/ aka gave a sweaty appearance. A few months later, I tried it again; but this time with a different moisturiser and it looked completely different. So I will base my review on the latter; as I have since changed my moisuriser. This product gives a flawless finish with a subtle luminosity. It comes in a great range of colours however they are a bit on the yellow side. I am MAC NC15 and take the #4 in this product (it was the only fair one with a pink-ish tinge). It doesn't break me out (miracle; as other products do) and it doesn't dry out my skin. There are 2 downsides to this product (1) PRICE and (2) Not long-lasting. This foundation won't really take you from morning through to evening if you are looking for flawless+ longevity. But; it is definitely one of the great foundations I have used. I am a makeup artist and I have tried many; Armani is just a brand that I keep going back to time and time again.

** Updated review **
Have kept trying new foundations, as I am not keen on spending so much for my kit, but honestly - NOTHING is better than this foundation. The finish is just beautiful. It also photographs beautifully. Perfect on most, if not all skin types.