Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

I love that this product comes in fair shades for me and it does leave a nice satin finish and quite nice medium coverage for a thinner consistency fdtn. I will say I was a touch disappointed given the hype and PRICE that it wasn't more smooth/invisible/skin-like - when I consider the Bourjois Healthy Mix gel serum is awesome and costs about half and I get the result I'm looking for, why spend so much on this product right...?

on 4/5/2018 11:13:00 AM

I have had this foundation for over a year.
I love it. I use it then get bored and try other foundations but I always come back to this one.
For me it's perfect.
It lasts all day with good primer and setting spray.
It's a light - medium coverage which is all I want.
It's expensive but worth it.
I'm not a fan of glass bottles as they tend to fall out of my cabinet into my sink and smash plus it's hard to get every drop out with glass.
But I will keep buying and I need to learn there is no better foundation out there.

on 3/30/2018 5:17:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation! I have dry-combination skin and rosacea, and therefore a lot of redness to cover up + bumps and flakiness. After I started using Soolantra the texture of my skin has improved immensely, and I also use a lot of skincare to tackle dehydration which has helped give me a better base.

This foundation goes on so smoothly, gives you a lot of time to work it in before it sets and gives a beautiful finish. I work it in in several thin layers and spend a lot of time blending and pressing it in with a beauty blender, which I find gives the most skinlike finish. I go over my cheeks, chin and center of my forehead until I have the coverage that I need and it never goes cakey. You can build it up to medium+ coverage. The t-zone gets oily throughout the day with this one, but that is not a big concern for me with all my other skin problems, and I find that you can blot and powder through the day without ruining the look.

I also like to mix this with Armani maestro glow on drier days which gives a dewier finish, and I mix in a drop of Face atelier´s white foundation during winter time. I´m in the shade 2 which is fair neutral, but I find that it leans a bit yellow. Might try to mix with the shade 4.75 to get a cooler and bit darker shade for the summer months.

All in all, I find that this works well for my dehydrated textured skin and gives a great amount of coverage if you work with it a bit.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

An absolute no-no on combination to dry skin. I bought this after reading all the raving reviews and I regretted it immediately. Upon putting it on (with a brush), it clung to my dry patches and after just one hour I looked like an oily mess, despite not having oily skin. One of the worst foundations I have ever tried. Get a sample before committing!

on 3/2/2018 2:35:00 AM

A very good foundation that has an exceptionally skin-like finish.
Colour range is superb and makes it easy to select the correct match for everyone and for every season.

The formula’s success lays in its genuine simplicity really. And this is what makes this foundation so versatile too.
It is basically a blend of a volatile silicone oil and a hydrocarbon along with glycerin as humectant and some added powders to have a more elegant finish. It does contain some fragrance ingredients.

It is a pity that it does not contain some environmental-protective actives or anti-inflammatories to make it even better and “justify the price”.
However, excluding the ingredients (actives) that are totally unnecessary for the formula, makes it also suitable for all, even for a very sensitive skin-type.
People that use the LRP Cicaplast Balm will have surely made the connection that this foundation indeed feels very much like the Balm, just lighter. (the structural formula of both of these products are very similar indeed.)

Ingredients: Aqua / Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tristearin, Cellulose Gum, Nylon-12, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Diphenyl Dimethicone Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum / Fragrance, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hexyl Cinnamal [ /- May Contain CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / Iron Oxides CI 77007 / Ultramarines Mica

on 2/27/2018 11:01:00 PM

This is a nice satin foundation that is sheer to medium coverage. I think I’m a bit bitter because I paid $100 dollars and the counter lady sold me the wrong colour and you can’t take it back in Australia. I’d already opened and tried it. I told her I dont want to be super pale and hate strong pink tones as it brings out my redness. She sold me 3.75 after matching me and I didn’t realise in the shop that it’s exactly what I told her I didn’t want. So pink and rosy and too light. Pigmentation shows right through and looks even pinker.
Such a waste of money. However I think I’d really like it in the correct colour as a medium silky smooth foundation. Can’t comment on longevity as I don’t wear it on long days. I try to use it up on weekends only during the day.

This is probably my favorite foundation, it's pretty sheer and not full coverage but it blends so nicely and works so well on my skin even though I have dry skin problems!

on 2/2/2018 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I bought this from Sephora in the travel size at $42 and I wish I could return it. It feels lovely texture wise, but almost immediately when I begin blending it on my face, it gets blotchy and coagulated. I thought it might be my primer (Hourglass Mineral Veil), so I used the foundation without any and had the same result. I honestly wanted this product to work out and trusted that it would. However, as the only foundation I brought with me on my vacation to Spain, it’s a huge regret that I will never make again.

on 1/24/2018 5:20:00 PM

I had been bought this foundation as it been recommended and read good reviews. I was so excited to try it. Initially I thought the color match was ok maybe a little to light I went for 4 light sand my mum thought it looked great although she hasn’t got great eyesight. When I looked in the mirror it stuck to every pore I seen pores I that I never even noticed before. It clung to dry patches and was patchy. Really disappointed my quest for my perfect foundation goes on.

on 1/14/2018 5:55:00 AM

So I realllly wanted to love this foundation after reading reviews and hearing the kardashians rated it. For me this is probably THE worst foundation I have ever used. No exaggeration. I can only think this works if you have perfect skin.

The girl I purchased it from was lovely and told me for more coverage apply with beauty blender. However when I did this I found the blender ate it all up as the product is soooo watery.
I tried with a brush which was slightly better but didn’t feel it gave me a “silky” look. After a day of wearing it I found it went so patchy and I mean like having to rub it in in places making my already combo skin look worse.

The packaging is great as it’s small so fits in bags easier but for me that was the only plus with this product. Massively over rated and over priced deffo not re purchasing. Sorry to bring the rating down but feel maybe this isn’t great for combo skin!!