Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 9/4/2018 3:39:00 AM

This lives up to the hype. I often gets samples before buying and this one blew me away. So gorgeous and really does look just like skin. This and hourglass veil primer are a match made in heaven!

on 8/25/2018 7:34:00 AM

The coverage is gorgeous, if you have oily or combination skin then this is definitely for you! If you have dry skin, then use your normal nourishing moisturiser before application as this formula is oil free. It allows my skin to breathe as well which Studio Fix sometimes didn't. This is a kind of expensive price but it really is worth it, it's a highly spreadable formula so it lasts a long time.

on 8/5/2018 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

s a 45 + woman of color, I was delighted to find this foundation. I use No 13. The foundation is AMAZING. I love the texture. It is silky and very light but it is buildable. I actually apply it with my fingers and the amazing thing is that once I have rubbed it in a circular motion on my face, my fingers are barely stained! I also love the feel because I do not feel like I am wearing a mask. It really does feel like second skin. I absolutely love the flawless finish. This is for someone who wants to look flawless and natural. I have recently bought the Armani bronze finish powder which I apply lightly to the cheekbones and bridge of the nose for a natural glowing look. I must say that although it is pricey, I use a very small amount. I can finally say adieu to MAC NW50 and welcome to my Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 13. May you live forever!

I have been trying out a lot of foundations recently and this one is amazing. I find that this foundation looks best when applied with a brush and buffed into the skin. It is a medium coverage but buildable to full if desired. It doesn’t look cakey or flat on the skin. It has a nice satin finish and is indeed luminous. It gives the skin a healthy glow, it doesn’t look at all oily or greasy though. It lasts well throughout the day, not separating, fading or transferring. It lasts well through heat, humidity and sweat also which is a bonus if you live in a hot climate! I love how this looks and feels on my skin. The only downside is the price, it is $99AUD. However, if you have the money to invest in this product I would highly recommend it! It lives up to its reputation.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite foundation, it's just too bad it's so expensive (well it IS Giorgi Armani..)
I find that this foundation works perfectly with my combination skin, oily t-zone and chin and dry flaky skin around my nose. I love the coverage of this, to me this is light and is PERFECT for me as I hate cakey full coverage foundations on my skin and find that they never work for me. Instead I find that this enhances my skin and I like how I can still see freckles under it. This foundation does not dry my skin out and makes my skin look really healthy. I pair this with the Laura Mercier translucent powder and find that it's perfect. I will continue to buy this even though of the price because I LOVE it.
I would imagine that this foundation wouldn't be very suitable for someone with very oily skin as this is not a long-wearing matte foundation. If you have oily skin I'd recommend setting it with a good setting powder.

on 5/13/2018 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect foundation and have gravitated towards the dewy or glow-from-within foundations. I’ve found a few of them that I really like. But even with my mature 60 plus year old skin, I find a more satin finish looks the best. Powder is the enemy for older skin but the glow foundations can almost tend to emphasize fine lines and texture (at least this is the case with me).

I have tried GA Luminous Silk a number of times but I don’t think I was matched correctly in the past as it always made my pink undertone skin look sallow. I happened to be at a Macy’s recently and was color matched to 4.75 but they didn’t have my color at the store. The SA actually called over to Nordstrom’s and hooked me up.

Boy having the right color match makes all the difference. The 4.75 actually looks almost peachy coming out of the pump instead of the pink undertone I thought would be me. However, this color on just brightens up my face. It provides a natural medium coverage with a blurring and satin finish. It’s not a glowy or dewy look but just a fresh and healthy but polished look. I find it holds up nicely through the day with just a powder to my nose midday as with all my foundations.

During the summer, I bought the 5.0 shade and mixed it with the 4.75 for the best match.

This is my go-to foundation for most days when I just need the best fresh and polished look. My favorite foundation and believe me, I’ve tried more than a few....

I love that this product comes in fair shades for me and it does leave a nice satin finish and quite nice medium coverage for a thinner consistency fdtn. I will say I was a touch disappointed given the hype and PRICE that it wasn't more smooth/invisible/skin-like - when I consider the Bourjois Healthy Mix gel serum is awesome and costs about half and I get the result I'm looking for, why spend so much on this product right...?

on 4/5/2018 11:13:00 AM

I have had this foundation for over a year.
I love it. I use it then get bored and try other foundations but I always come back to this one.
For me it's perfect.
It lasts all day with good primer and setting spray.
It's a light - medium coverage which is all I want.
It's expensive but worth it.
I'm not a fan of glass bottles as they tend to fall out of my cabinet into my sink and smash plus it's hard to get every drop out with glass.
But I will keep buying and I need to learn there is no better foundation out there.

on 3/30/2018 5:17:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation! I have dry-combination skin and rosacea, and therefore a lot of redness to cover up + bumps and flakiness. After I started using Soolantra the texture of my skin has improved immensely, and I also use a lot of skincare to tackle dehydration which has helped give me a better base.

This foundation goes on so smoothly, gives you a lot of time to work it in before it sets and gives a beautiful finish. I work it in in several thin layers and spend a lot of time blending and pressing it in with a beauty blender, which I find gives the most skinlike finish. I go over my cheeks, chin and center of my forehead until I have the coverage that I need and it never goes cakey. You can build it up to medium+ coverage. The t-zone gets oily throughout the day with this one, but that is not a big concern for me with all my other skin problems, and I find that you can blot and powder through the day without ruining the look.

I also like to mix this with Armani maestro glow on drier days which gives a dewier finish, and I mix in a drop of Face atelier´s white foundation during winter time. I´m in the shade 2 which is fair neutral, but I find that it leans a bit yellow. Might try to mix with the shade 4.75 to get a cooler and bit darker shade for the summer months.

All in all, I find that this works well for my dehydrated textured skin and gives a great amount of coverage if you work with it a bit.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

An absolute no-no on combination to dry skin. I bought this after reading all the raving reviews and I regretted it immediately. Upon putting it on (with a brush), it clung to my dry patches and after just one hour I looked like an oily mess, despite not having oily skin. I really wanted to like it and tried many other ways of applying it and different products underneath, but nothing worked. One of the worst foundations I have ever tried. Get a sample before committing!