Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other age: 44-55
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.4

on 3/2/2018 2:35:00 AM

A very good foundation that has an exceptionally skin-like finish.
Colour range is superb and makes it easy to select the correct match for everyone and for every season.

The formula’s success lays in its genuine simplicity really. And this is what makes this foundation so versatile too.
It is basically a blend of a volatile silicone oil and a hydrocarbon along with glycerin as humectant and some added powders to have a more elegant finish. It does contain some fragrance ingredients.

It is a pity that it does not contain some environmental-protective actives or anti-inflammatories to make it even better and “justify the price”.
However, excluding the ingredients (actives) that are totally unnecessary for the formula, makes it also suitable for all, even for a very sensitive skin-type.
People that use the LRP Cicaplast Balm will have surely made the connection that this foundation indeed feels very much like the Balm, just lighter. (the structural formula of both of these products are very similar indeed.)

Ingredients: Aqua / Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tristearin, Cellulose Gum, Nylon-12, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Diphenyl Dimethicone Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum / Fragrance, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hexyl Cinnamal [ /- May Contain CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / Iron Oxides CI 77007 / Ultramarines Mica

on 5/1/2017 8:45:00 PM

I'm the queen of drugstore products and so resisted buying this, but I had a photo shoot and knew that my usual foundation contained too much spf and would give some flashback. Finally caved and bought this and must say that it has a wonderful finish. I've already gotten compliments on my skin using it. It doesn't last longer than 4-6 hours but most don't on me anyway. The price is so high, but I'm using small amounts to try to make it last. A winner for sure.

on 3/16/2016 2:03:00 PM

I got the small size from Sephora online. It cost $42 for .6 oz. I like this but it settles a little into my lines.

on 8/1/2012 7:11:00 PM

Love, love, love this foundation. Definitely the best I've purchased. Definitely improves the texture and evenness of the skin. I have very pale skin and colour 2 maches perfectly. Sometimes available on strawberrynet which makes it a little more affordable as it's an expensive foundation in Australia.

on 9/18/2011 8:00:00 AM

I have mixed opinions on this brand of foundation. As a very pale redhead (no freckles), I was thrilled to find a foundation that had a colour light enough for my skin. It goes on very smoothly. The coverage is light to moderate. It didn't seem to clog my pores. All good. BUT I found the product didn't hold up over time. After about a month or so, it developed an unflattering yellow undertone. So...if I could buy it in mini-sizes that lasted six weeks, I'd swear by this. But for the full-size container, I'll have to say probably not. (Or not unless I get a big raise and don't mind buying a new one every six weeks)

on 11/15/2009 2:37:00 AM

The HG of foundations. This is really a great product. My skin has large pores, some light acne scarring on the chin, and some red and brown spots on the cheeks. The most difficult challenge for my foundation is to cover my tendency toward redness. This foundation in #2, combined with Cle de Peu concealer in beige and T Le Clerc loose powder in Char Ocree smooths it all out without feeling like a mask. The only negative comment I have is about foundation in general. It does take a while to apply and blend. I wear this for special occasions. For everyday I wear LM oil free TM, which does not give as much coverage, but feels great and looks pretty good. I recently picked up some Pixi TM, which seems to cover redness better than LM. As far as foundation though, I can't imaging getting anything other than Armani.

on 6/30/2009 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

This is my HG makeup. I'm sorry some have had bad experiences with it. I was lucky enough to have Pat McGrath do my makeup with Armani the first time (total luck, she was there for 1 day, I was in NY for 1 day) and so she used a very light touch with this and I have gotten so many compliments on my skin when using this makeup. But I do mainly use it in winter as it is expensive and in summer I tend to wear just a mineral bronzer. I have bought this several times and will continue to do so.

This is a lovely product that is as luxurious feeling to apply as you would expect from a Giorgio Armani product. I have wanted to try this for months and when I finally got it, was not disappointed at all.

Finish: Overall, I would call this a medium buildable coverage foundation. If your looking for a light, totally natural finish, this may not be for you. Not that this is "unnatural" or heavy looking. It creates a beautiful, smooth finish with a lovely, subtle luminosity. It is perfect for special occasions, weddings, nights out on the town. For me, it creates the smooth and perfect skin that I have always looked for (especially when worn with my hg Smashbox photo finish primer).

Skin Type Appropriate for: I have normal to dry skin and I think that those who tend towards oily skin might have more trouble with this product.

My details: I am 44, nc30/35 and olive skinned (normal to dry). The shade best suited to me in the winter is 5.5 and in the summer is 6.0.

Summary: I strongly recommend this lovely product but consider it more of a "dress up" product and not a daily use product.

on 3/19/2008 1:02:00 PM

A nice, sheer & silky foundation. I use the Armani foundation brush to apply and find it goes on smoothly and gives me the coverage I want (sheer if I want sheer or heavier if I apply a bit more). My sister (acne-prone) and I (combo-skin) like the finished look of the foundation as well as the 'feel' of it. We have both been using it for 2 years now and are very pleased with the product. Price not bad as the bottle lasts a long time.