4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Basic, boring body cream that's great for dry skin. It contains a goo dmix of natural emollient oils, humectants like glycerin, and occlusives like dimethicone and petrolatum to hold all that moisture in. I apply it to my still wet skin after I shower and use as a hand cream after after washing and it works great. Keeps my dry skin happy even in the middle of winter w/ the artificial heat turned up, and it's dirt cheap.

About reviewer (688 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Other, Cool

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2.0

5 years ago

The lotion was quite greasy yet my hands were still dry. No harm done but I would something moisturizing.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBrown

from

8 years ago

Yes!! Fantastic product -- works great, moisturizes my skin as well and even better than most other products, and it's dirt cheap. I like it as hand and body lotion. I will continue to purchase this so I can save money to spend on other items!

About reviewer (426 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

8 years ago

No, no, no. Is not very moisturizing at all and doesn't sink in to my skin.

About reviewer (279 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I am almost totally satisfied with this product. It's so cheap, pretty derned effective, and has a very light, pleasant, natural scent. The sage oil, I think. My only caveat is that it contains 2 ingredients I was actually trying to avoid. Dimethicone and Petrolatum. I saw the 'cones and wasn't deterred, but somehow overlooked the petrol because I just wasn't expecting it in a Trader Joe's product. When I got it home and re-read the ingredients, I was shocked and disappointed...but I will continue to use it and I might repurchase if this gigantic bottle ever runs out. A little dab will do, so I might have this one for a long, long time. My only complaint about the way this product WORKS, is that the "Fresh, Super-Moisturized" effect is a *little* short lived for my taste...but at this price, I don't mind reapplying if needed.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Kinky, Medium

EyesBlack

2.0

9 years ago

I guess I'm in the minority as I don't find this lotion to be anything very special. I have purchased it a couple of times when I've run out of body lotion and happened to be at Trader Joe's (since I shop there all the time). The price is right, and you get a huge amount of product. I even like the sturdy packaging and the light aloe scent. But the lotion itself doesn't moisturize very well at all. It feels sticky after you apply it, and my hands feel dry a few minutes after I put it on, almost as though I didn't use any lotion on them. So I will use this up since I don't like to waste product, but MUCH prefer Aveeno, Gold Bond or Alba Botanica for daily body lotions. I guess you get what you pay for.

About reviewer (591 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I work in a doctor's office and wash my hands/hand sanitize about a zillion times a day. This bad by comes with me where ever I got to follow a wash and it is amazing, I also keep one in my car and everywhere else I can think of. No more white crackling dry skin for me, and is not so heavy and/or greasy like some lotions. This one is the perfect balance and is dirty cheap for the value!!! YAY Trader Joe's for having everything I need! :)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

9 years ago

This stuff is a steal for $3.79! Lovely, velvety texture and a pleasant smell. A bottle lasts forever.

About reviewer (163 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

Great for non-scented body moisturizing, can be used on the face in a pinch, and even does nice job smoothing ends of dry hair without buildup when diluted with a bit of water. Highly recommend for even the most sensitive skins.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

11 years ago

I have been using a version of this lotion since I was 16. Over time it has been reformulated and improved. Two things have remained constant, the price is low (Originally 99 cents), and the packaging has been terrible. It does the job on rough patches and is great post shave, all without any fragrance. I gladly pay a bit more for a pump that works.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium