3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

14 days ago

PROS - full coverage - little goes a long way - minimal creasing CONS - drying - sets too quickly COMMENTS: If this weren’t so drying nor set so quickly, it would be a total win. Even with a hydrating base, the finish looks rather cakey. My natural oils produced throughout the day don’t make a difference, either. Will not repurchase.

About reviewer (553 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

2 months ago

I probably would buy this again in a pinch, but it's not a holy grail or anything. The shade range is more balanced than a lot of brands (and I love that they included different undertones), but I feel like it could definitely use some more shades, particularly on the deeper end of the spectrum. That said, I really appreciate that for the first time in my life I was able to find a concealer that was fair enough for me to be able to make it work (I got Fair Beige because I have neutral undertones, and it's pretty much exactly the same color as my skin when I first apply it). It does darken a bit after it dries, though, so I think they could use at least a couple lighter shades, too. My biggest complaint about this concealer is that it's very dry after it sets, and it sets fairly quickly so I usually do one eye at a time. It's not too bad under my eyes, or on my eyelids, as long as I have plenty of eye cream on and only use a tiny bit of concealer, but if I use a little too much of either, this can look really cakey. I've used it on zits, and I don't really recommend it unless the spot is totally smooth. If there's any dryness, or if it's a spot that has fully come to the surface, this doesn't cover very well and it will cling to dry patches like crazy. I have dry skin, so maybe this would work better for someone with oily skin. I recommend making sure you seriously moisturize before using this, and maybe even thin it out a little with moisturizer or a hydrating serum. I've made it work pretty well for me by doing that, but I'm also fine with slightly lower coverage. I don't use a ton of concealer under my eyes, just a dot near my inner corner blended out to cover the darkness. I haven't had too many issues with it creasing horribly, but it doesn't look amazing under my eyes because it looks dry. I don't really have generally noticeable lines (yet), but I do still have to tap this out with my finger a little when I finish blending with a brush or sponge, to smooth it out a bit more. Sometimes it still creases a little throughout the day, but it mostly stays put. I haven't put it through a 16 hour wear test, but it did hold up for 12 under my eyes. For acne spots, it varies. Under ideal conditions (no dryness, etc.), and if I lightly set it with powder, it holds up for at least 6 or 8 hours, but it does start to look a little cakey around that point. I go back and forth about setting my under eyes, but I think overall this one does look better if I do add a tiny (and I mean TINY) pat of powder. Too much, and it looks even dryer, but if I use a very light hand, I think the powder helps smooth it out. So, if I really wanted a full coverage concealer, I would buy this again. But, there are a lot of concealers out there that I haven't tried, so I doubt I'll repurchase this one anytime soon.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

4 months ago

I love the shade range and coverage but not a fan of the formula. I bought this because everyone has been raving about it for so long but I was so underwhelmed and wasn't awed by this. The coverage is good and does last all day but it is so drying and dries soo fast that it is hard to blend fast enough, even if you work in small sections. Doesn't layer well either, looks very cakey and heavy if you layer a foundation or something on top. I love my Maybelline Brightening Creamy concealer way more then this despite it being slightly more money.

About reviewer (163 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

4 months ago

I had the same experience with this product that I did the ColourPop No Filter concealer: it's extremely pigmented and covers blemishes well, but can be very drying when used under the eyes. I like spot-concealing with this one and using a creamier concealer on my dark circles. It dries down very matte so you need to work quickly to blend it out, but it works fantastically when I just want to run errands and cover a couple unseemly pimples. I'm kind of ambivalent about the large doe-foot applicator -- I can see it being useful for those who like fuller coverage and use concealer in place of (or in addition to) highlight, but for me, it deposits too much product on my face so I gently tap it on using the opposite side of the slanted "reservoir" part. Fair Rose is a perfect match for my skin and at $5, you can't really go wrong with this stuff!

About reviewer (157 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesBrown

4 months ago

A little goes a long way. I take a Q-tip and dip once into ELF tube. Apply around nose and any spots. Blend well and immediately. Covers broken caps around nose and any red spots. Yes, the "camo" name is appropriate. Heavy full coverage. Fungal safe as per simpleskincarescience,com blog. No fungal triggers when checked on skincarisma.com ingredient filters. Shades run light. I like medium sand. NW10ish. I usually buy the lightest shade in the DS for concealer. Only a small amount required and wears like iron. I do need an oil based cleanser to remove. This will last forever as I use a fresh Q-tip each time. The ELF applicator is too large. I would use something else for undereyes. This is a very heavy concealer. Paid $7.00 Cdn online with Shoppers.

About reviewer (221 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

4 months ago

Don’t waste your 5 bucks on this, please! I am sorry but it just did not work for me, it’s really hard to blend and dries very quickly, it looks very pale and the applicator is too big! Just did not work for me.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBlack

EyesBlack

5 months ago

This is THE WORST for aging under eyes skin- settles into every single wrinkle INSTANTLY even with eye cream, primer, etc- I tried for 3 days and it’s just the worst eye cover- well my skin is 55 years and I do try to take care of my skin and moisturize like crazy- but this is all wrong and I even bought medium peach - it’s too light- too thick- and the applicator is hilarious- it’s so huge considering this is so concentrated- I just put a tiny amount on and used my concealer brush- used my finger the second day- yeah - avoid if u are aging and want to not look older!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

5 months ago

- Matte liquid concealer with quite a lot of coverage (significantly more than Makeup Revolution). - A little goes a long way. - Shades run very fair. Fair beige feels too light for me and I'm NW10. There doesn't seem to be much difference between the fair shades. - Found it creases under my eyes more than other concealers. Not terrible, though.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair

HairBlond

6 months ago

I'm sorry, but I found this concealer to be effing terrible. Had to toss it. I can't remember what shade I bought, I think it was Fair Warm, and as I'm usually the lightest shade in most drugstore concealers, I thought it might actually be too dark for me. Nope! It was ghostly white. But I thought, meh, that's fine, I'll just test it out anyway to see if I like the texture and then go back and get a darker shade. But yikes! I found it to be way too thick and drying, creasy, crackly, hard to blend, sets too quickly, and once it sets there's no going back, it's on there like glue. Aging, patchy, you name it...hated it. I tried to pass it on to my daughter who is fairer skinned than I am (not telling her I tested it and hated it myself hehehe) and I actually sat there and watched her apply it (as she got ready to go out for her 19th birthday) and even on her younger, oilier, teenage skin...it was horrible! Painful to watch almost. This crap is too tacky to blend easily, or like, at all. And if it can create eye wrinkles on a teenager, that's nothing I want near my face. I've never tried Shape Tape, which this is supposedly a dupe of, but if the two products are indeed similar in texture, I never want to try the original. There are superior concealers at all price points, this is a pass for me

About reviewer (322 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

6 months ago

I had to order the fair rose shade online because my local Target carried only a few shades. This is a lot of product for a cheap price and the color match is good for me. The consistency and rapid drying reminds me of Shape Tape. I found it a bit drying for my under eyes but coverage is not bad at all. I am going to keep trying this out with some different eye creams or will use for spot concealing.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

Age44-55