Dermalogica UltraCalming Calm Water Gel

No Image

Not tested on animals

Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Stem Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Stearyl Heptanoate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hydroxyacetophenone, Sea Salt, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Caprylate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium Phosphate, Linalool,* Limonene.*

This is a solid performer. I've been using this moisturizer over the summer and it has many great qualities.

I didn't think a gel would be moisturizing enough. I was wrong. It turns to a watery consistency as soon as you start spreading it. It absorbs very nicely and just leaves my skin feeling moist/moisturized. I don't know that this will be sufficient when the weather turns colder. Even if it doesn't work out for winter this is still a keeper. It keeps my skin comfortable under primer, heavy coverage all day foundation, powder, and setting spray. Not bad. It doesn't sting and is very comfortable on my sensitive skin.

I use this primarily in the morning, occasionally in the evening which also worked. I just prefer something more in the evening.

Packaging is standard and sufficient. No problems. The scent is dreamy to me and dissipates quickly.

My only complaint: I do think Dermalogica's prices too high. However, most of the products I have tried have really been nice. Buying at Ulta at least gets me points I can cash in towards future purchases and the products are priced high enough to qualify for free shipping. I will buy again.

on 7/10/2018 8:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've used this gel for about three months and I like it. I need very little to moisturise my face and neck, so the tube will last for about 5 months. It's no cheap for a gel, but considering how long it lasts, it's acceptable. The gel has a very strong fragrance, but it doesn't contain any perfume, so it must be from the essential oil (lavender). The lavender oil hasn't caused my sensitive skin any irritation or itching, but if you have very sensitive skin, it might. I like the fact that it feels moisturising and light on my skin. It doesn't make my skin oily and it doesn't clog pores. I don't think it will give my skin enough moisture in the winter though, but then I might use it as a light serum under a more heavy moisturiser.