Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream

Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream

3.8

Water/Aqua/Eau, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Bacillus/Soybean/ Folic Acid Ferment Extract, Nymphaea Alba Root Extract, sh-Oligopeptide-1, sh-Oligopeptide-2, sh-Polypeptide-1, sh-Polypeptide-9, sh-Polypeptide-11, Copper Palmitoyl Heptapeptide-14, Heptapeptide-15 Palmitate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Alanine, Arginine, Glycine, Histidine, Isoleucine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Valine, Acetyl Glutamine, Coconut Alkanes, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aspartic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Lecithin, Butylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sorbitan Isostearate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 60, Lactic Acid/Glycolic Acid Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Isomalt, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Sodium Benzoate, Phenylpropanol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Symphytum Officinale Callus Culture Extract

I first tried this after seeing SN rave about it. I too have a very regimented skin routine and believing what she said as our skin types are similar, I use other DE products including the C Firma Day Serum and vitamin C eye cream which do wonders for my skin.....Not Petide Proteini! It seems to make my face break out in rough patches. I thought this is what it was preventing and keeping the protective layer of my skin in tact. These are not pimples, and it 8a only when I have worn this cream I gave it the month and a half shot too. But when I got to bed and wake up with what looks like an ant bite on my face no thanks. I can only imagine that I am allergic to something in it or that it reacts with something else in my skin care routine. I can use any other moisturizer and get beautiful results but like the first poster wrote, the sandy feeling and the spot takes days to disappear....I had high Hope's, back to Belif and PTR it is for me.

on 12/2/2018 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to try this product when it came out, but I waited until the VIB sale to purchase. At first glance, this is a fantastic product with fantastic packaging. HOWEVER, this did not work for me - something in it made my face feel like sand paper, you couldn't really see the bumps (except in harsh lighting, or outdoors) but my face felt terrible. I was rather disappointed because I did enjoy the feeling and application of this product. I'm not sure what ingredient(s) were the culprit, but I am staying far away from this product. I'm giving it 2 stars (I wish I could do 2.5) because the packaging is great, the feeling of the product is great, the brand is great, I could go on...BUT I have to take stars away for what it did to my face. I don't want to give too low of a rating because skincare is subjective and I don't want to discount the amazing things this product has done for other people.

This product is expensive, but it lasts a really long time. I love the delivery method. I love that there are no weird additions to it, and it absorbs really well. I use a small pump on my face, neck and decollete. You don't need much to cover a lot. I wonder if others are using too much. I have normal to oily skin, and I only use this at night. It is very hydrating and has not made me break out. It has no scent. I have used this for over a year and am on my second container. Highly recommend!

on 11/15/2018 9:13:00 PM

I don’t understand the hype of this product. Yes, when you first put it on your skin does seem to have an airbrushed glow to it, but after 10 minutes it’s gone and all I feel is a distinct ‘film’ on my skin. Used long term (I bought two tubs of it, about... 8 months worth) resulted in no real improvement to my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like the Drunk Elephant brand for all of the ingredients that they avoid, but I don't have the funds to try their full-sized products on a wide-scale basis, so their sample sets appeal to me. I received a sample of this in a Drunk Elephant set that I purchased largely for another of their products (the full sized C-firma day serum). I really like this moisturizer! It has no irritating ingredients, and it moisturizes my oily skin (even oily skin needs a moisturizer!) without creating an oil slick. It is light-feeling and reminds me of the Tatcha water cream in how it feels and how it goes on the skin. I liked it so much that I bought the full-sized product. It seems to reduce my laugh - line wrinkles, but maybe that is my imagination. I really like the pump dispenser; a short pressure on the concave lid brings up the right amount of product and the design allows me to drop some serum on top of the moisturizer so that I can "cocktail" them together (which allows me to use less serum than would be necessary to get coverage when applying the serum separately). I have been using it for a few weeks without any pimples or spots of irritation.

The only negative is that it is very expensive (similar in price to the Tatcha water cream).

on 10/30/2018 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This cream is amazing. It genuinely soothes and lifts and plumps. I have always had the most awful neck with discoloration, lines and sags. I've always taken care of my neck since in my 20's but never really found much that helped.
This DE product is my favorite in their line. I have normal/dry mature skin.
It's not an extra-moisturing cream but for texture, plumping, sags or discoloration it is the best Ive tried.
I cocktail it with other moisturisers.

Nice and hydrating. Not sure about the claims of the peptides building collagen, but my skin does seem to love the stuff as a moisturizer. No breakouts. I've had no problems wearing this under makeup - just wait a few minutes for it to fully sink in.

Love this cream! For reference I have normal/combo skin so now with dryer weather it is tending to get a bit more dry. I haven't had any breakouts or skin irritation from using this. This is an above average cream to me and one of my favorites that I've tried since my skin looks better using this. If you like water based hyaluronic creams and don't like more oil based creams you probably won't like this. I prefer using more water based creams in spring/summer on switch over to more hydrating/protecting creams come fall/winter.

I love the sanitary air dispenser. All you need is one push which is plenty for my face/neck and you don't have to push it all the way down if you want to use less. It seems to have a lot of good ingredients. The main thing is it leaves my skin feeling like velvet and I wake up with moisturized skin. I do like this cream a lot more than the Lala Retro DE Cream sample I've tried. The retro may be better suited for super dry skin. It is much more emollient and has a thicker, bit more oily feel which I think is more suited for night time use. Polypeptide I can use day or night. The polypeptide doesn't give me that sitting on face oily feel and gives a more velvet look/feel. Try a sample since it is expensive and it seems reviews on this cream are polarizing.

on 10/8/2018 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

No Thanks..broke me out..Ughhh pass :( Not worth the money..

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

No thank you. I prefer the Paula's Choice Peptide serum, which I know, per ounce is more expensive, but I saw results with it. I will not repurchase this and will stick to the Paula's Choice brand