Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

Filtered by hair type : Straight

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This looks and feels amazing on the skin. The shaker isn't the best but the product is great.

I have heard all the rave reviews about this powder. It was supposed to be THE POWDER (for medium to deep skin toned girls anyway) to bake with and the 3oz bottle seemed like a heck of a deal. So I ordered one and couldn't wait to try.

The first thing I noticed was that the powder wasn't as finely milled as most of the Youtubers were claiming to be. That's fine with my MAC Fix Plus I could fix the powdery situation easily. For reference I am yellow toned Nc30-35 so I was hoping to use this all over the face to color correct and brighten the face. It is indeed nice to bake underneath the eyes but for some reason using it all over the face did nothing for brightening at all. My NYX Banana Loose Powder was better it seems.

Also the packaging could be tricky for the 3 ounce bottle. I find the best way to use with you for a little bit in the palm of your hands in carefully read the product over a fat powder brush and then brush all over your face. Where is the products is to be expected but for the prizes bottle will last me ages so there's no complaint.

I think overall this is a decent product do you what I was hoping to in terms of color correcting? No. But I think that if you are one tell me a medium to deep skin girl of this powder would not disappoint you and I would probably again if I ever run out. I think overall this is a decent product do you what I was hoping to in terms of color correcting? No. But I think that if you are one tell me a medium to deep skin girl of this powder would not disappoint you and I would probably again if I ever run out.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

EDIT: another SA matched me to a shade called Dolce. I haven't bought a full container yet because I have so much of the other two shades. But Dolce is my shade. It's less orange than Olive Sand (which looks like a tan me) and more warm beige than Banana. I can also approximate the same thing by combining Banana with Olive Sand (which I do).

---------

I am an Asian, NC 30-35, combination olive skin. I use Ben nye to finish and set my make up. On my skin, banana is a shade that acts like a translucent powder (the SA says it could also be a highlighting powder for me). I like the packaging because I tip a very little powder into the cap and dust off my kabuki. There is very little excess waste.

Ben Nye Shade called Olive Sand is a good match for my skin. (Looks darker in the jar) If you are like me, this provides a little brightening without any sparkle. It's best to apply to well exfoliated, moisturized skin. I wait until the moisturizer sinks in. If I want more of a matte bronzer glow, I use Topaz which is essentially a setting or finishing powder for those who have darker skin than I do. Darker matte bronzers that are popular now make my face look kind of dull and dirty which is why I like Topaz. I have combination skin, leaning towards dry and this doesn't oxidize. I don't bake, but sometimes I use the Wayne Goss method of powder under foundation (I prefer cinema secrets palette 3 for olive skin). Not cakey esp with CS moisture spray on top.

If talc or mica are anathema to you, I recommend that you not buy ben nye. IMO powder such as this will look cakey unless you apply sparingly with a brush not a pad. The pad picks up too much and cakes onto the pores. I also do not retouch during the day. If my T zone gets shiny, I blot with clean and clear moisture absorb sheets.

Note: if you want to dispense less product, tear off only a corner of the protective sheeting covering the shaker holes. I tore the film off of three holes, but the rest is stuck there.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My first review was that this powder is too peachy, works well for baking, and I own this powder for like 8 months and I've used it ever since I got it. At first I liked it, but I didn't hold up oil for too long. I use this powder alllll the time and for the last 3 months it separates so badly! It applies very uneven no matter what I use or how much I use, it can't prevent laugh lines for more than 2 hours and so does oil. I have combination skin, oily on the t zone, dry around my nose and chin, normal on the rest of my face.
This powder gets very cakey and it clings to dry patches. I bought it because everyone loved it and I've heard only good things about this but it is just a waste of my money. I don't think you should buy it even if you tried it and loved it because after like 4 months the quality drops.. don't know why. And it's hella grey now
Also this is talc based so there will be flashback and breakouts.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm pale so this looks a little silly on my face. It's too yellow. I saw all the beauty gurus on YouTube raving about this product so I thought "It must look good on all skin tones" It looks beautiful on darker skinned women though. The one thing I love about this product is how it's a shaker bottle. I wish more loose setting powders came in containers like this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Definately not for light skin tones,this powder is straight up yellow,but like a dark yellow,it made my under eye area look darker than the rest of my face,which is the opposite of the highlighted effect I wanted. So I gave it to my sister who has a much darker olive complexion than me,and she too couldnt use it because it was too yellow. I would say this is for really deep skin tones. Besides that its just an ok powder,nothing great about it,it creases and doesnt last that long.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent powder. This goes on very smooth and not the slightest bit cakey or patchy. Good coverage. Matte finish. Very natural-looking. What's more, it is cheap and fragrance free! Only gripe about this product is the yellow banana shade is too dark for very fair-light skintone, not a good match at all. if you have fair skin and dont mind being a bit darker than your natural skintone than you might love it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Had a bit of trouble sourcing this product in Melbourne; most online stores were out of stock so had to fork out $32 for the medium size including postage and handling.
The product itself is fantastic at setting under eye concealers. I have normal skin so I didn't have problems with the oiliness factor and I have quite a few deep lines under my eyes because of their shape and I found that the banana powder didn't seep into them and also stopped my concealer from doing the same. Excellent product, happy to finally jump on board. The packaging though, is one of the most awkward things you will ever use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like how yellow this is - if I use it heavily, it's the same colour as my skin (haha!). I use this rarely though. Maybe mostly because of the annoying packaging, but I'd recommend anyone wanting to use this daily to transfer it to some kind of sifter jar, maybe from an old loose powder. My other problem is: this is not as fine as I'd wish. I'm used to reeeeally fine loose powders, like MAC Prep + Prime and Tarte Smooth Operator. Then I try out the Ben Nye powder on my hand, it seems super-fine, but I get a powdery look when I use it to set fluid foundation or concealer.

Great powder if you are on a tight budget, but not for me, as I'm powder-spoilt :P

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Guys, the hype is real!! This is a great powder and I love how cheap and fine it is. It's perfect for baking my undereyes and never looks cakey on me!! Unfortunately, banana is too dark for my NC25-30 skin and so I'll try cameo next.