Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

This powder only gets one star because I purchased a too light foundation and the powder added enough shade to make it wearable every though the whole day everyone kept asking me if I was ill

I have heard such great things about this banana powder but all it did was dry my skin out and no matter how much hydrating spray I added to my skin during the day it just go dryer.

I couldn't wait to get home to wash my face and slather it in moisturiser.

Definitely a powder for our ladies out their with oiler skin. Certainly not for mature, dry, older skin like my own.

The other thing I didn't like is the bottle, I like to tap my brush into my finishing powder, this is like a talc powder application and there was yellow powder every where, no control of the amount you would like to apply to your face.

If you would like to try fantastic Banana Powder, you cannot go past Australis they make the best setting powder, which doesn't dry your skin out or settle in your pores.

This was a total miss for me. Did not look good on my skin at all. I found the powder to not be finely milled enough. It just feels cheap and looks worse, to be honest. I don't see the hype. I'll stick to my Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder.

This is by far the worst loose powder I have used on myself and on clients!
What is the fuss. This is completely yellow that any beautifully applied foundation underneath would be hijacked by this unflattering jaundiced colour!

I can only see tan to dark skin tones pulling this off but certainly not fair. I applied this to set my concealer, bang, they both went yellow, my foundation, that went yellow too.

Really is only an over hyped product by so called makeup "addicts" and "enthusiasts" with no idea what they're taking about. The price depending where you buy it is premium. I could get better loose powders at the drugstore.

The texture is decent, but not the best The one brand making beautifully textured powders and shades is NARS.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I apologise that my review is so long but REALLY WORTH READING!

Just look at those ingredients! talc, zinc stearate, corn starch, rice starch, iron oxides (color), diazoludinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, and fragrance

Talc (quote from cancer.org website) "It has been suggested that talcum powder might cause cancer in the ovaries if the powder particles (applied to the genital area or on sanitary napkins, diaphragms, or condoms) were to travel through the vagina, uterus, and fallopian tubes to the ovary. (...)Some studies of talc miners and millers have suggested an increased risk of lung cancer and other respiratory diseases, while others have found no increase in lung cancer risk."
Did you know that your favourite powder can contain asbestos?

Diazolidinyl Urea is FORMALDEHYDE derivative, Ill give you quote from ewg.org:
"The International Agency for Research on Carcinogens (IARC) has classified formaldehyde as 'carcinogenic to humans,' and the U.S. National Toxicology Program has classified it as 'reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen,' based on emerging evidence in humans and robust evidence in animals (IARC 2004; NTP 2005). Occupational exposures to formaldehyde gas are linked to nasal and nasopharyngeal cancers (IARC 2004; NTP 2005). Animal studies confirm this link, and also suggest an association between formaldehyde in drinking water and stomach and gastrointestinal cancer and leukemia (NTP 2005)."

Parabens are known to almost all of you so I won't say more.

Everyone likes fragranced cosmetics (my nose like them too) but some can be allergic.

I used banana few times without looking at ingredients, it is well pigmented and covers natural pink cheeks. However, there are many more (check mineral makeup) powders what are not harmful to us and I will stick to them.

Thanks for reading
I really hope it will help someone
Paula

I was so excited to purchase this product. I've seen many youtube videos that give rave reviews so I was very happy when it arrived in the mail. After I tried it, I was so disappointed. First off, it leaves a horrible yellow tint to my face but that wasn't even the worst thing about it - it made my skin super shiny and oily within a couple of hours. I am confused as to how a loose powder could do this but as soon as I stopped using it, the oiliness stopped. I am more than willing to swap this. Horrible product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Loaded with parabens and loads of shimmer. Does not prolong foundation wearing time, therefore useless as a setting powder, clings to any dry spots even on my extra oily exfoliated face, shimmer sits in pores on my forehead and especially cheeks. Doesn't change the colour of your foundation to a yellow tone. You do get a lot of product for your dosh. Packaging sucks, mine has the sifter, and gets messy. Doesn't help to highlight under the eye area at all, my Australis Contour Shade is my go to. Gave it a good go and have since sold it, I hated it.

I read glowing reviews of Ben Nyes Banana Powder so thought I would try it. Big mistake. Despite what other reviewers say, if you are fair skinned like me this powder will have a yellow cast to it. Also, I have sensitive, allergy prone skin and mild rosacea. The second this powder hit my face, my face turned pink. It also caused me to breakout. If you have rosacea or sensitive skin it won't tone down redness, it will exacerbate it. If you have problem skin like me, I recommend you stay away from this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I am happy this product is working for so many of you but unfortunately, this breaks me out.
I was really looking for a good blot powder to replace by MAC blot but this irritated my skin and broke me out :(

I had read several times about how wonderful this product was. Well I searched and searched and finally tracked it down at a costuming supply shop. Not only did it smell bad, it was very, very dry and unbelievably YELLOW. I don't mean "take away redness and neutralize yellow" either. I mean straight-up ugly Big Bird freakin' yellow. This stuff was awful. I'd rather do completely without powder forever than have to use this stuff.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I soooo wanted to love this powder, but sadly it didn't work for me. I guess I'm part of the minority here and I hate to give this a bad review when it has so many glowing reviews, but this powder did NOTHING for my oily skin. In fact, it actually made it more oily, if such a thing is possible. It looked absolutely beautiful when I first applied it but two hours later when I checked the mirror, it were as if I had applied baby oil to my face! Ok, not that bad, but you get my point. I was so disappointed. If anyone has any suggestions for a great powder for oily skin, please page or email me! I'm open for suggestions. In the meantime, I have this up for swap.