Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder - Banana

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.9

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

I love this powder! It is well worth a special trip to a costume shop! I am a brown-eyed brunette with very fair, slightly oily skin. Bobbi Brown is right -- yellow-toned powders add a lovely glow to the skin that translucent and light-toned powders just don't. I am so happy to find such a perfect shade in such a fine-milled, silky formulation. And not only that, at $11 for a 3-3/4 oz (about 105 gm) tub, it is a great deal, especially compared with the powders of Benefit or Bobbi Brown herself.

Loved this on my skin

I can't believe how well this powder works and how CHEAP it is! There's no way I'm paying what T. LeClerc cost when this stuff works so well. I LOVE IT!

I have been using this product almost forever...wonderful coverage and staying power over foundations. The best way to use it(with any loose powder)is sparingly in layers until desired coverage. I love this because of the yellow which compliments my skintone(Hawaiian mixed race)..as you may know makeup for yellow undertones can be very tricky, but this is wonderful. Does not have that powdered mask feel or look. Packaging is awkward at times, but workable. Overall..Wonderfullll!

I don't hate this product, I just find it mediocre. I'm light/med and have been using this powder for about 3 weeks. The color is fine, but truly don't see what all the hype is about. It sets my foundation/concealor just like any other powder I have used. The price is good, there's alot of product in that little shaker jar. I may repurchase because of price alone but not because its a better than average product.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I got some based on the great reviews, I got some and although I love yellow based powder this banana one is way too dark yellow for my light skin tone. Secondly I noticed that , I guess it must be the talc but it gave my skin a dull cak-ey look, I didn't like it at all. Luckily I had some Meow Equlibrium powder on hand , I mixed it and my skin appear super fine and pore-less again. I am very picky about powder and this one is not that fine, it didn't refine my pores and the color is way too dark yellow.

I thought that I had previously reviewed this but realized an oversight on my part. I have been using Ben Nye's banana powder for years as this always helped counteract any unwanted redness from use of Retinol products or atmospheric irritants that wreck havoc on my sensitive skin. Especially redness that was not well covered with light foundations. I have even used this product on its own on days when I didn't feel like applying foundation or tinted moisturizer and still felt the need to do something to counteract redness.

The yellow tint of the banana powder is not for all skin tones and works best with medium tones or like me, those suffering from redness. If you are very fair or very deep toned, Ben Nye has a complete line of Luxury Powders that give the same smooth and pore-less finish in other colors. I will occasionally mix Cameo and Banana together for a less yellow tinged color and still see the smooth finish I desire.

I have learned a couple of different ways to apply, depending on what I wish to accomplish. If I am just setting my make-up for a smooth, pore-less, I will shake a bit in the palm of my hand and take my powder brush and lightly dust across my face. If I am working to reduce redness, I will sprinkle a bit into a velour powder pouf while holding like a taco shell. I will then rub the sides of the pouf together to evenly distribute the powder and then turn the pouf inside out with the powdered side facing my face for application. I gently roll the pouf across my cheeks to push the powder into my face to get heavier application. Once I get the results I desire take my powder brush and gently sweep across the area to dust away any loose powder. This method definitely gives a heavier application for hiding severe redness but if not done correctly can end up looking cakey so be careful and do a little at a time to achieve coverage without going too thick.

This line is ment for professional artists to use on actors, models etc who do a lot of their work under harsh lights and camera work. That being said the banana powder only 1 in a line of several powders that are made to either match or to be mixed and matched to every skin tone. So if the banana powder is too yellow or dark for you you can mix it with another powder to get the desired results. There is another reviewer on here who has some pretty awesome tips on using the powder. I currently only have a sample from a vendor on ebay. she sells 5gm containers of all the powders that will give you a chance to try and mix tones to find what works for you before you invest in the large size containers. For right now the small one will give me quite a bit for a while. I currently use this to set my under eye concealer or to cover over redness after foundation from a break out or my Retinol treatment. You need to use a fairly fluffy brush to apply this because it can become a cakey mess very quickly. IT's not a product for the apply and go girl. You need to take care using it. The results are awesome and I will repurchase a full size when I run out of the sample.

My Daughter bought a sample of this from ebay as wasn't sure she would
like it but she absolutely loves it, she has oily skin and this helps keep her
make up in place and lasts ages. My warning is that if you buy a sample
from ebay watch how much you are actually getting. My Daughter bought
a 5g sample which came in a 5ml pot which was filled to the top.
She was told by her boyfriend that 5g would not fit into a 5ml pot (He's a pharmacist)
so she weighed it and there was only approx 3.5g. So make sure if you order a sample
that the pot they send you is at least a 10ml pot. She reported it but ebay did nothing
and seller denied it but did offer a refund. I have also been told that there is a lot
of fake Ben Nye on ebay so be careful. Luckily my daughter's was genuine even though
the amount was wrong.

She loves the powder and has been out and bought a small Jar which will last her ages
as you only need a small amount.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I have found my HG powder. This powder makes your skin look photoshopped - & it is so cheap! I have the lighter shade too which is good but the banana powder just has something special. I bought a sample on eBay first & have never looked back. My peri-menopausal oily skin loves it too (thank God.) The only down side is it's not easily available but well worth the search.