Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to love this powder because of the hype and the price but I'm afraid the saying 'you get what you pay for' applies to this.
I have combination skin, my noise gets very oily, I used this powder to bake and also as an over all powder. After just a short time I could see the powder seperating on my noise and it was was very shiny, also under my eyes looked very dry and ashy I could see it sat on my skin and my face looked very powdery.
It feels like a cheap drug store brand and I have switched to Laura Mercier which looks amazing on my skin.
I am unsure what skin type this suits as it doesn't control oil and it would cling to dry skin, it gets rave reviews so it must work for some skin types but I unfortunately not for me.

Oh dear, seems like I am one of the minority here who was underwhelmed with this powder. I purchased this to use over my concealer to give that extra bit of oomph. To be honest, my Australis brand banana powder compact does a better job. This has been hyped to the max and I just didn't feel it lived up to it. At least it is relatively inexpensive.

This was a total miss for me. Did not look good on my skin at all. I found the powder to not be finely milled enough. It just feels cheap and looks worse, to be honest. I don't see the hype. I'll stick to my Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

EDIT: another SA matched me to a shade called Dolce. I haven't bought a full container yet because I have so much of the other two shades. But Dolce is my shade. It's less orange than Olive Sand (which looks like a tan me) and more warm beige than Banana. I can also approximate the same thing by combining Banana with Olive Sand (which I do).

---------

I am an Asian, NC 30-35, combination olive skin. I use Ben nye to finish and set my make up. On my skin, banana is a shade that acts like a translucent powder (the SA says it could also be a highlighting powder for me). I like the packaging because I tip a very little powder into the cap and dust off my kabuki. There is very little excess waste.

Ben Nye Shade called Olive Sand is a good match for my skin. (Looks darker in the jar) If you are like me, this provides a little brightening without any sparkle. It's best to apply to well exfoliated, moisturized skin. I wait until the moisturizer sinks in. If I want more of a matte bronzer glow, I use Topaz which is essentially a setting or finishing powder for those who have darker skin than I do. Darker matte bronzers that are popular now make my face look kind of dull and dirty which is why I like Topaz. I have combination skin, leaning towards dry and this doesn't oxidize. I don't bake, but sometimes I use the Wayne Goss method of powder under foundation (I prefer cinema secrets palette 3 for olive skin). Not cakey esp with CS moisture spray on top.

If talc or mica are anathema to you, I recommend that you not buy ben nye. IMO powder such as this will look cakey unless you apply sparingly with a brush not a pad. The pad picks up too much and cakes onto the pores. I also do not retouch during the day. If my T zone gets shiny, I blot with clean and clear moisture absorb sheets.

Note: if you want to dispense less product, tear off only a corner of the protective sheeting covering the shaker holes. I tore the film off of three holes, but the rest is stuck there.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My favourite setting powder for under the eyes. Works well with the baking technique or when dusted lightly over the face. It does have a slight yellow tint when applied but if you have tanned/brown skin it can compliment the complexion so well, however I cannot see this working on fair or deep skin tones without it standing out on the skin. Only downfall is the packaging as it can get a little messy!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This powder is my go too. Im light brown and the banana powder still works for me. I like the full coverage look and it works for me. I use a setting spray afterwards. I dont bake with this powder though cause I feel baking is too much. I would deff buy again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Don't see the hype. I bought the Banana and Buff and was not impressed. I read about all the raves, Kim.K uses it blah blah blah...and I have the same skin tone as her so I thought it would do the same but not so much. I used it for baking and it didn't do anything for my face except give it an ashy look. But hey every product works differently for other skin types, didn't work for mine.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love this setting powder. Some setting powders I have tried leave me looking either extremely ashy or like I have a serious cocaine addiction (MUFE, I'm looking at you!), but the yellow in this neutralizes with your skin and doesn't show on flash photography. I use this when I bake on my T-Zone area and it does an amazing job on highlighting and controlling oil. This retails for $20 - 25 in my area, which isn't bad, and it lasts me for quite a long time. I'm very glad I came across this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My first review was that this powder is too peachy, works well for baking, and I own this powder for like 8 months and I've used it ever since I got it. At first I liked it, but I didn't hold up oil for too long. I use this powder alllll the time and for the last 3 months it separates so badly! It applies very uneven no matter what I use or how much I use, it can't prevent laugh lines for more than 2 hours and so does oil. I have combination skin, oily on the t zone, dry around my nose and chin, normal on the rest of my face.
This powder gets very cakey and it clings to dry patches. I bought it because everyone loved it and I've heard only good things about this but it is just a waste of my money. I don't think you should buy it even if you tried it and loved it because after like 4 months the quality drops.. don't know why. And it's hella grey now
Also this is talc based so there will be flashback and breakouts.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm giving this a three only because I can see how it might be holy grail stuff for others but it isn't for me. I'm also medium fair and the yellow tone was quite noticeable on my skintone.

It's very finely milled but gathers in fine lines, it's very drying to my skin and makes it itch. So obviously a no go for me.

I would be hard pressed now to deviate from the Laura Mercier Translucent and/or the La Prairie No. 1 translucent (both loose). I think they are more forgiving of mature skin issues.