Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

This powder only gets one star because I purchased a too light foundation and the powder added enough shade to make it wearable every though the whole day everyone kept asking me if I was ill

I have heard such great things about this banana powder but all it did was dry my skin out and no matter how much hydrating spray I added to my skin during the day it just go dryer.

I couldn't wait to get home to wash my face and slather it in moisturiser.

Definitely a powder for our ladies out their with oiler skin. Certainly not for mature, dry, older skin like my own.

The other thing I didn't like is the bottle, I like to tap my brush into my finishing powder, this is like a talc powder application and there was yellow powder every where, no control of the amount you would like to apply to your face.

If you would like to try fantastic Banana Powder, you cannot go past Australis they make the best setting powder, which doesn't dry your skin out or settle in your pores.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am in the minority too i agree not so finely milled dries out my under eye when I used it to set my concealer luckily I got the smaller size,the one from this line that am loving is "cameo great for setting under eye area and does brightens.

I have heard all the rave reviews about this powder. It was supposed to be THE POWDER (for medium to deep skin toned girls anyway) to bake with and the 3oz bottle seemed like a heck of a deal. So I ordered one and couldn't wait to try.

The first thing I noticed was that the powder wasn't as finely milled as most of the Youtubers were claiming to be. That's fine with my MAC Fix Plus I could fix the powdery situation easily. For reference I am yellow toned Nc30-35 so I was hoping to use this all over the face to color correct and brighten the face. It is indeed nice to bake underneath the eyes but for some reason using it all over the face did nothing for brightening at all. My NYX Banana Loose Powder was better it seems.

Also the packaging could be tricky for the 3 ounce bottle. I find the best way to use with you for a little bit in the palm of your hands in carefully read the product over a fat powder brush and then brush all over your face. Where is the products is to be expected but for the prizes bottle will last me ages so there's no complaint.

I think overall this is a decent product do you what I was hoping to in terms of color correcting? No. But I think that if you are one tell me a medium to deep skin girl of this powder would not disappoint you and I would probably again if I ever run out. I think overall this is a decent product do you what I was hoping to in terms of color correcting? No. But I think that if you are one tell me a medium to deep skin girl of this powder would not disappoint you and I would probably again if I ever run out.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to love this powder because of the hype and the price but I'm afraid the saying 'you get what you pay for' applies to this.
I have combination skin, my noise gets very oily, I used this powder to bake and also as an over all powder. After just a short time I could see the powder seperating on my noise and it was was very shiny, also under my eyes looked very dry and ashy I could see it sat on my skin and my face looked very powdery.
It feels like a cheap drug store brand and I have switched to Laura Mercier which looks amazing on my skin.
I am unsure what skin type this suits as it doesn't control oil and it would cling to dry skin, it gets rave reviews so it must work for some skin types but I unfortunately not for me.

Oh dear, seems like I am one of the minority here who was underwhelmed with this powder. I purchased this to use over my concealer to give that extra bit of oomph. To be honest, my Australis brand banana powder compact does a better job. This has been hyped to the max and I just didn't feel it lived up to it. At least it is relatively inexpensive.

I was so excited when I bought this powder thinking this is it! Well, I tried liking it but for some reason it doesn't work on my skin. I baked it as what everyone's suggested but by mid day my face looks likes it's all dried out. It looks like the powder is not fine enough. I was so disappointed after a few times using it. Or maybe I was using it in a wrong way? I do still have a lot left and don't know what to do with it now. Such a waste!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

EDIT: another SA matched me to a shade called Dolce. I haven't bought a full container yet because I have so much of the other two shades. But Dolce is my shade. It's less orange than Olive Sand (which looks like a tan me) and more warm beige than Banana. I can also approximate the same thing by combining Banana with Olive Sand (which I do).

---------

I am an Asian, NC 30-35, combination olive skin. I use Ben nye to finish and set my make up. On my skin, banana is a shade that acts like a translucent powder (the SA says it could also be a highlighting powder for me). I like the packaging because I tip a very little powder into the cap and dust off my kabuki. There is very little excess waste.

Ben Nye Shade called Olive Sand is a good match for my skin. (Looks darker in the jar) If you are like me, this provides a little brightening without any sparkle. It's best to apply to well exfoliated, moisturized skin. I wait until the moisturizer sinks in. If I want more of a matte bronzer glow, I use Topaz which is essentially a setting or finishing powder for those who have darker skin than I do. Darker matte bronzers that are popular now make my face look kind of dull and dirty which is why I like Topaz. I have combination skin, leaning towards dry and this doesn't oxidize. I don't bake, but sometimes I use the Wayne Goss method of powder under foundation (I prefer cinema secrets palette 3 for olive skin). Not cakey esp with CS moisture spray on top.

If talc or mica are anathema to you, I recommend that you not buy ben nye. IMO powder such as this will look cakey unless you apply sparingly with a brush not a pad. The pad picks up too much and cakes onto the pores. I also do not retouch during the day. If my T zone gets shiny, I blot with clean and clear moisture absorb sheets.

Note: if you want to dispense less product, tear off only a corner of the protective sheeting covering the shaker holes. I tore the film off of three holes, but the rest is stuck there.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This powder is my go too. Im light brown and the banana powder still works for me. I like the full coverage look and it works for me. I use a setting spray afterwards. I dont bake with this powder though cause I feel baking is too much. I would deff buy again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My favourite setting powder for under the eyes. Works well with the baking technique or when dusted lightly over the face. It does have a slight yellow tint when applied but if you have tanned/brown skin it can compliment the complexion so well, however I cannot see this working on fair or deep skin tones without it standing out on the skin. Only downfall is the packaging as it can get a little messy!

This was a total miss for me. Did not look good on my skin at all. I found the powder to not be finely milled enough. It just feels cheap and looks worse, to be honest. I don't see the hype. I'll stick to my Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder.