Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This powder is my go too. Im light brown and the banana powder still works for me. I like the full coverage look and it works for me. I use a setting spray afterwards. I dont bake with this powder though cause I feel baking is too much. I would deff buy again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Don't see the hype. I bought the Banana and Buff and was not impressed. I read about all the raves, Kim.K uses it blah blah blah...and I have the same skin tone as her so I thought it would do the same but not so much. I used it for baking and it didn't do anything for my face except give it an ashy look. But hey every product works differently for other skin types, didn't work for mine.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love this setting powder. Some setting powders I have tried leave me looking either extremely ashy or like I have a serious cocaine addiction (MUFE, I'm looking at you!), but the yellow in this neutralizes with your skin and doesn't show on flash photography. I use this when I bake on my T-Zone area and it does an amazing job on highlighting and controlling oil. This retails for $20 - 25 in my area, which isn't bad, and it lasts me for quite a long time. I'm very glad I came across this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My first review was that this powder is too peachy, works well for baking, and I own this powder for like 8 months and I've used it ever since I got it. At first I liked it, but I didn't hold up oil for too long. I use this powder alllll the time and for the last 3 months it separates so badly! It applies very uneven no matter what I use or how much I use, it can't prevent laugh lines for more than 2 hours and so does oil. I have combination skin, oily on the t zone, dry around my nose and chin, normal on the rest of my face.
This powder gets very cakey and it clings to dry patches. I bought it because everyone loved it and I've heard only good things about this but it is just a waste of my money. I don't think you should buy it even if you tried it and loved it because after like 4 months the quality drops.. don't know why. And it's hella grey now
Also this is talc based so there will be flashback and breakouts.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm giving this a three only because I can see how it might be holy grail stuff for others but it isn't for me. I'm also medium fair and the yellow tone was quite noticeable on my skintone.

It's very finely milled but gathers in fine lines, it's very drying to my skin and makes it itch. So obviously a no go for me.

I would be hard pressed now to deviate from the Laura Mercier Translucent and/or the La Prairie No. 1 translucent (both loose). I think they are more forgiving of mature skin issues.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Love this powder! I stay matte all day and the finish is beautiful. A bit messy to use, but well worth it.

ben nye and i dont match 😱

I really like this powder, I do. It's nice to be able to set my makeup with a powder that suits my yellow undertones. It doesn't perform well on a sweaty face but that's a small issue.

My only major problem with this product is that, if you leave it on your brushes for too long, it will stain the bristles. Just washed my RT buffing brush and the ends are a pale yellow. I'm going to try and clean it again with a stronger soap and hope it'll all wash out.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hands down the best setting powder. I use it over my glossier concealer and I bake it. The results are unbelievable. My skin looks glowy and it really makes the eyes super bright and radiant. I think it's a pretty decent amount for what you pay for. What I do is I get a little tiny saucer (like the ones at sushi restaurants for soy sauce) and put in the exact amount I need. It's not possible to use the cap because it's way too small. I apply it either with a damp beauty blender or with a brush, let it bake for 7-10 minutes and buff/dust the rest off and get the airbrushed look.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

The infamous Ben Nye banana powder. Definitely hit or miss. Unfortunately a miss for me. I'm an NW45 for reference. I lean more golden/yellow undertone and this looked soooo ashy on me. Maybe I didn't blend it enough? I guess I'll never know because as soon as I saw the pics I took that night I almost died from embarrassment. OMG it was bad. It looked like someone slapped me in the face with flour. This is not a "one size fits all" product. I'll be switching over to Ben Nye Topaz.