Maybelline New York Brow Tattoo Gel Tint

3.1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As someone with a red tint to my hair and pretty thick-but-need-help-in-spots eyebrows this worked great for me. A little pricey for henna, but I appreciate the packaging and applicator. If I apply with an eyeliner brush and leave this on for about 2 hours then wash off, it stays on my brows for around 3-4 days. It doesnt really stain my skin too much, but I feel if you left it overnight instead of for a couple hours it would if you wanted it to. Keep in mind my hair has always taken well to colour, but I think that 4 days of effortless brows pretty freaking good for chilling in some tint while watching TV for a few hours. The medium brown shade is perfect for my brown but a little red undertone hair colour, and I can get a good fade if I apply it thick on the tails and then just brush it through the front of the brow. I have to patch a few spots where I dont naturally grow hair, but I dont mind touching up 2-3 strokes with a brow pencil when the rest of my brow routine has been reduced to spoolie-ing into place and then adding a clear brow gel. Would recommend for someone who is looking for an easier brow routine who has fairly good brows already.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My brows are overplucked from years ago, so they are dense in some spots, and basically bald at the tail. I love dyeing my brows when I touch up my hair, because the way it stains the skin along with colouring the hairs looks amazing for a couple of days. This product does exactly that, without the hassle. It applies easily, stains well (right after washing your face and before moisturizing), and the colour (Light Brown) looks exactly right for my auburn hair colour. The downside is that you need 20 mins for it to set before picking it off, but that’s not an issue for me and I leave it on for at least an hour. This is one of those products that gets bad reviews because people don’t understand the context in which it’s used; this isn’t really makeup, it’s a dye for the skin underneath your eyebrows. It will make your eyebrows look fuller based on the skin being toned. That’s it. I love it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The most expensive henna I've ever purchased. Works well enough, but I feel like a sap for shelling out $12 for this product when I can get better henna at my local South Asian grocery for less.

This is a great brow gel. It has tremendous staying power. It lasts all day and does not smudge or fade at all. It looks the same in the evening as when you applied it in the morning. I do find that it does come off when I wash my face at night so I don't get more than one day of wear from it. I find it looks very natural. I use a brow brush to apply it though. The applicator that comes with it goes on very heavy so a brow brush works better. What I like the most is that it actually colors the hair and not just the skin underneath the hair. My eyebrows are very pale blonde and it looks strange to have pencil on the brows but the hair still is pale blonde. This gel not only covers the skin but the hair as well. Highly recommend.

My review is negative because I have been eagerly awaiting the release of such a product, so it was with *great* anticipation that I headed to my local Wal-Mart where a friend told me she had seen it on the shelves. Well, it seems 35% of the female population has been ostracized from using this product--apparently it's only marketed to blondes, and those with light to medium brown hair. Those of us with dark brown, brown-black, or black hair were not included as part of Maybelline's target market for this particular product. Mutually non-beneficial and fiscally irrational. What color hair does the person who had the final say on the color selections have, Maybelline? I'm willing to bet it's on the lighter end of the spectrum. Self-interest, folks, self-interest.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As a older member (62 years young!), I've found my eyebrows have faded with age. Worse yet, some hairs have gone completely white - not a good look IMHO. I could tweeze out the white hairs but that would make them too sparse. Other brow products (pencils, crayons) don't cover up the white hairs. On the recommendation of a cosmetic counter clerk, I bought this product to conceal those white hairs (she told me that she had recommended it for other older women with white brow hairs.) I use Soft Brown and it keeps my brows from disappearing. As well, it is long wearing. The only issue I have (the same with most mascaras) is that I have to blot the wand before using, otherwise I will get some clumps of product. For me, the brows look good all day without the colour fading (I use Soft Brown). Recommend for anyone who has white brow hairs/aging faded brows.

I'm kinda on the fence. I like it somewhat but it's not worth the work. I use a pencil to lightly outline my brows and a tiny bit of powder for filler, then this over top. It kinda helps meld all the tones together, and while it looks super dark at first, if I apply it b4 washing my face it'll lighten up enuff to be ok and my brows look filled in and stay on. It's easier tho to just use a pencil and powder bc u can control the color better...this by itself is just plain dark, even in the blonde tone it's near darkest-brown. That's why I wash it off as I wash my face. It doesn't really come off a lot so u keep ur shape and most of the color, it's just not so in ur face dark. Overall it's a nice tool to have in ur brow kit if ur brows are thin but it's useless by itself. It's also a bit pricey for what it is. For the cost of this I could get a great brow pencil in an appropriate color. Not bad but def not my HG.

I really like this product, everything except the colour. I find it easy to apply, not uncomfortable while it sets and it lasts as long as it says (also extremely satisfying to pull off !) But I used the medium brown and I find it goes ginger. I’m going to try dark brown next and see how that goes, if the dark brown stays dark brown I will continue to buy this product until I get bored of it haha!

I used to get my brows tinted professionally but the hassle of going in regularly put me off it. This seemed like a convenient and cheap way to go back to tinting. I bought this when it was half price, so figured I had not much to lose from trying it.

I read some people found the colours too orange. I bought the grey brown to avoid this, and while it was slightly greenish as some people complained of, I didn't find it to be a massive issue. It was a subtle green tinge on me that was only noticeable because I searched for it.

It wasn't terrible - it did tint my brows and lasted for approximately the 3 days it promises. But I just prefer the control and more natural look when I use my Anastasia Beverly Hills pomade, despite the added effort. This would probably suit someone who really can't be bothered doing their eyebrows every morning and who just wants them to appear darker or thicker without having the ombré/light-to-dark effect that makes brows appear more natural.

Another issue I had was with the applicator brush. It lacks precision and the gel goes on as a big clump so it's very easy to accidentally overdraw.

This didn't work for me and I wouldn't repurchase but I can't say it's an absolutely horrible product - it just doesn't give me the look I'm after.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this item with Great Expectations, but after following the instructions to the letter, I found the Dark Brown version of Brow Tattoo to be very POOR QUALITY.
I actually had left this on for over the two hours recommend for the 3 day tint.
As soon as I removed the peel-off tint, the tint peeled off with it !This was not strong enough to semi-stain my skin, LET ALONE FOR 3 DAYS!
Great marketing using the beautiful Gigi Hadid who has brows like the Wychwood Forrest.
Completely useless on my Spartan thatch.
Also why no BLACK OPTION? My eyebrows (what there is of them) are Black not Brown.

Popular Brows Products