Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel

Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel

4.3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I’ve tried several brands of inexpensive drugstore clear mascaras and they either don’t hold my brow hairs in place or they feel stiff like I used glue or hairspray (and I actually have tried hairspray). I think is worth paying the extra money for because it locks my brows in place and I can’t feel it on.

I really like this brow gel. I have been growing my eyebrows out and wanted something to keep them neat and groomed in their in between state. This brow gel has pretty good hold and doesn't have any of the weird white clumps or coating when it dries, which in my experience is a problem with a lot of brow gels or clear mascaras. It also dries matte. It truly does not look like you are wearing any product.

I like the bushy, feathered effect, and this gel is great for that. For that 80s Brooke Shields-style feathered inner brow, I apply it from the top, with the spoolie pointed straight down, and brush the eyebrow horizontally towards the middle of my eyes, to achieve this. My eyebrow hairs are pretty long already so I have to be careful not to overdo it or I'll look ridiculous. But I recommend this approach for those looking to achieve a similar effect.

I have also found that for the best results and hold, after the brow gel dries (which doesn't take that long) I can use my finger to push them into the shape I want one last time. In my experience shaping them once while the gel is wet, and again when it's dry, ensures that the shape I want really sticks.

Don't get ANY of the positive reviews for this product. Truly baffled. ZERO holding power whatsoever. Dries ultra-soft and 'limp'; what's the point? Brow hairs that were sticking straight out or up or down when viewed from a side mirror are STILL doing the SAME exact thing. NO difference post-application. HOWEVER, I accidentally discovered that Lancome Cils Booster/Lash Primer (which I applied to my brows the other night before bed as a conditioner) does EXACTLY what a product of this genre should do. I viewed from side mirror, and EVERY SINGLE errant or wonky brow hair was *COMPLETELY* smoothed down, and even when I woke up the next day they were locked in place. AMAZING!!! Only problem is, it has a slightly whitish cast (so using a tinted brow mascara or other product to mask the whiteness over this is a must, whether you want to or not). Would LOVE and am ON THE HUNT for a mascara primer OR brow gel that performs as well that dries completely clear.

on 3/14/2018 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this brow product. I'm going to compare it with Maybelline's Great Lash clear brow gel, because I was using that one for years before switching over to ABH. Price wise, the ABH clear brow gel is expensive, so it's much easier to buy a drugstore version instead of investing in a more expensive version. Is this brow gel worth $30 (CAD)? I think so, because it's the only brow product I use now and it's incredibly simple, easy and lasts all day--literally until I wash it off with my cleanser.

I have my brows grown in completely, and I naturally have long brow hairs, so I really like using clear brow gels to tame them and keep them in shape. ABH clear brow gel does that amazingly, and it doesn't feel sticky or wet. It dries down and keeps my brows in place while making them look feathery and giving each hair definition. The Maybelline brow gel is much more wet and feels more like a gel, sort of like you're applying hair gel to your eyebrows. It feels a lot heavier and it also doesn't last very long because so much product is used at once. With ABH, the brow gel does a lot with very little product, and it does it more precisely.

I wish this product was cheaper because I think it's already reaching holy grail status for my everyday makeup. I've tried MAC before, but their brow gel made my brows really crunchy, and it did not last anywhere near as long as the ABH brow gel. I was hunting for a good brow gel for a while (ever since I decided to stop using brow pomade) and I'm really satisfied with ABH. The packaging is good quality, and the brush spreads out the product really well without looking unnatural or smearing a bunch of gel on my brows.

Overall, I recommend this brow gel. It's pricey but it's one of the newer products I've tried that I actually would buy again and know I'm getting my money's worth. It looks especially good for doing natural brow looks, but also works perfectly well with brow pomades, etc. I don't notice any smell in my brow gel and it hasn't irritated my skin or pulled at my hairs at all. If you've got the budget for a more expensive brow gel, go with this one! It's been worth the hype for me.

on 3/1/2018 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This works great on my unruly brows! A little goes along way, use sparingly, make sure to remove excess product just like you would a normal mascara and work into brows starting in the brow area that is most unruly and apply the remaining product to rest of brow. If you apply too much product it will look like clear goop on your brows so be careful. I have not found anything that works as good. Will continue to use.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This eyebrow gel is amazing, it's the only thing that can keep my very naturally thick and wiry eyebrows in place. I use it everyday and the tube lasts a long time, so really worth the price tag in my opinion. I also have tried drugstore brands to see if they could compare and they just can't. There's no flaking, not a scent that I could detect and it's not messy. It's perfect! I've gone through maybe 3 tubes of this and won't use anything else.

on 8/17/2017 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Just spent the past 5 minutes leaning over the toilet because of this product. I am not sensitive to smells and have NEVER puked because of a scent before. Actually, I have an extremely weak sense of smell and can usually deal with strong and bad scents. After I opened this product I smelt a god awful scent, then took a sniff of the wand to see how bad it is and if the scent was coming from this product. It STRONGLY smells like rubbing alcohol mixed with cleaning products. I then proceeded to vomit about 5 times because of the horrible scent. I have no idea how people can wear this on their face!!!!! I have never been picky before about the scent of a product and usually just get over it. BUT THIS IS SO BAD!!!!! Would not recommended unless you have no sense of smell. And now I'm late to work because of how sick this product made me feel.

I LOVED this. I ordered the sample size from Sephora and will definitely purchase the full bottle when I run out. The wand looks like a super skinny mascara wand and does such a great job at shaping and grooming your brow. I end up with neater, thicker brows without any stickiness. I love that it's clear, it keeps my brows looking really natural looking.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Whilst I was hunting for a good clear brow gel, all my searches ended up winding down to ABH. Since the company is known for its amazing brow products (I haven't tried any of them FYI), and after seeing so many positive reviews, I decided to spend a little bit extra for a product that claimed to tame brows really well.
I bought it for £16 (0.28 oz - about 8ml)- which for a mere, clear brow product seemed a bit profligate to me, but most cheaper alternatives seemed to always leave residue or flakes in my brows. My brows are naturally black and thick so I never have to fill them in, but keeping them tame throughout the day can be a bit of an issue, and this brow gel keeps them locked in place very well. I like the natural brushed up look a lot and I feel I can achieve this with the ABH brow gel very well. It doesn't flake or leave an unsightly residue and lasts the whole day. Since it's cheaper than the Benefit ready, set, BROW! clear brow gel (£20 for 7ml) I would say this is a great investment and has added more oomph to my brow game.
Big thumbs up and I would recommend it to anyone with naturally full brows!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This stuff works great but is not anything particularly revolutionary. I bought this for 30% off on dermstore, so it was worth it to me, but I would never pay full price as there are other drugstore options that work just as well. Also will not be repurchasing because this is full of parabens and other horrible chemicals! If you don't mind that, and also don't mind a splurge, it's a good option.

Update: bumping this up to 5 lippies because I take back my original statement... there really are no drugstore options that work as well, to my dismay.

Popular Brows Products