3.7

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

15 days ago

Used it for one night and woke up to bumps and irritated skin. Also have a couple large pimples forming. Tossed immediately.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

22 days ago

I really like this hydrating oil for my combination skin. I've used it year round depending on my concerned at the time. In winter months I've used it all over morning and night (on non makeup days) or added a drop to my moisturizer during the day (on makeup days). In the summer i use this as my evening face oil as I find it not too heavy. Overall happy with this product.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3 months ago

I used the product now for about one month, and it helps with dry skin! The acids can be a bit drying to your skin, but when you use the Plant-Derived Squalane with the moisturizer in top, it works exceptionally well! I haven't had any issues with breakouts, and my skin tolerated it right away, and I was pretty impressed. Can't complain, affordable product and it will last forever as you only need two drops. https://youtu.be/EyDbL7fKGMw

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

4 months ago

My dry skin absolutely loves this product. I use it a lot in the winter because the wind is blistery and the air is void of any moisture where I live. I apply it after all my skin treatments and before my nightly moisturizer. I definitely use more than 2-3 drops because my whole face needs it and tiny drops don't cut it. It's a true oil. Not thick or gel-like at all. It keeps the flakes away and helps the texture of my skin. I also like that it's a simple product -- 100% pure plant squalane. It does take a while to absorb, but its very effective on dry skin paired with a moisturizer. I don't think oily skin types would enjoy this product unless it was used very sparingly. Combo skin may like this as a spot treatment or used on the drier parts of the face. Overall, I think dry skin types will like this oil to use as a moisture boost or as their regular moisturizer. Great price point and super nice packaging!

About reviewer (267 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

8 months ago

The reviews for this seem to be very hit and miss, but I must say that I adore this oil. To me, it’s absolutely perfect. I struggle with fungal acne and the occasional hormonal breakout. Other than that my skin is fairly “normal”, but lends itself to being oversensitive and very finicky with new products. My fungal acne is also extremely stubborn and highly reactive, but I’ve managed to keep it at bay with a strict routine. The only thing lacking in my routine was moisture, and I knew my skin was too dry because it was becoming oilier than normal throughout the day to compensate. I read about Squalane oil being one of the only oils safe for FA, so I figured why not? It’s cheap so why not give it a shot. I’m SO glad I did! It’s not thick like many other oils, it’s actually quite thin and runny in consistency. I’ve tried many facial oils over the years, and this by far has one of the nicest consistencies. It soaks right in, and glides on smoothly and easily. It doesn’t leave a slick film or distinctive layer of oil on top of the skin. It absorbs without being sticky or feeling like it’s suffocating your skin. I use it morning and night, mixed with my moisturizer. In the morning I mix one drop with my lotion, and in the evening I mix three drops in with my lotion. For reference, I use Avene’s Tolerance Extreme Emulsion (both AM and PM), and the combination of that lotion with this oil is divine. Makes my skin super soft, healthy, and glowy without being “shiny” or slick looking. Other reviews who said it’s too greasy/thick or shiny, might be using too much or using it with too heavy a moisturizer. This really bumps up the moisture in your routine without adding any heaviness. On me, it fully dries and leaves no extra shine as long as I mix it into my moisturizer. Soothing, calming, and gentle, yet effective. Hands down the best facial oil I’ve ever used (and I’ve used a lot), and the cheapest! Saying this stuff is a miracle might seem dramatic but.. for me this really was a godsend. My skin has never been so soft and healthy looking! 100% will be repurchasing. Love it :)

About reviewer (79 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

9 months ago

I wanted to love this product, as it was my first purchase from The Ordinary, but it broke me out so badly! I would only use about 3-5 drops and the next day I would develop cystic acne in places I normally would not get it (normally I only experience cysts from hormonal causes). Someone recommended using this as a hair serum so that is all I will be using it for, or maybe as a hand moisturizer. Definitely would not repurchase!

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

9 months ago

I absolutely love this stuff, it's a thin non-sticky oil which my skin absorbs almost instantly, leaving my face soft, smooth and hydrated. Great to mix into any moisturizer but sometimes I use it by itself after moisturizing and as an eye treatment. Doesn't leave my combo skin feeling greasy at all. When I want something heavier I use the b-oil.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

9 months ago

I have only just started using this. A little goes a long way. it is like a very thick syrup. I found it does not absorb and feels greasy on my face using just a few drops. but when I wiped off the excess with a tissue, it felt much nicer on my skin and very moisturizing. I think the way to go with this is to mix it in with other creams. I did get a pimple on my forehead the next day which is unusual.... For $7, you can't complain about the price.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

10 months ago

I bought this for my hair as I'm tired of paying $14 for serum and was looking for something cheaper. It's pretty good, not amazing. I wanted something to take care of dryness and impart some sheen and this basically does that. It spreads evenly and it's a light oil, so good for hair. It does something a bit different from my cream-based serum, so I could actually see myself using both, but, in a pinch it'll do on its own. Overall, am loving The Ordinary's products! (Hitting 4 for 4)

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

1.0

a year ago

This is a too oily product for me. I have combination skin and this product just stay at the top when applied, and I only use two drops. it feels tacky and sticky.. I am not sure if this is the one that breaks out my skin, since I use 2-3 of the Original products together, could be the matrixyl... I have developed so many little oil bumps on my forehead and cheeks. A regret purchase.. should have done more research here before purchase.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age44-55