Deciem The Ordinary 100% Plant Derived Squalane

Deciem The Ordinary 100% Plant Derived Squalane

3.7

on 10/9/2017 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I completely agree with the review below. I also have normal skin which can be dehydrated and this product caused my skin to break out and become irritated. I have used several face oils and experienced no issues at all. After researching, I thought this product sounded ideal for my skin. It didn't agree with my skin whatsoever. My skin isn't particularly sensitive but after using this several times, my skin was left with deep red spots which still have not faded. I actually left a similar review of Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturiser as I experienced a similar reaction and that contains Squalane. I realise a lot of skincare is trial and error but my skin can usually handle most products so I was surprised I broke out so much from this. I would not really recommend to those with sensitive skin

on 10/1/2017 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited to order this because of the raving reviews about squalane oil.
Unfortunately it didn't work out with my dehydrated, dry, sensitive skin which is also acne prone.
It has a very smooth texture that's like water weight and your skin absorbs some of it but the rest sits on your face. Compared the The Ordinary Moroccan Oil this doesn't absorb as nicely. It doesn't have a scent and looks clear.
Not only did this dry out my skin to the point of it become eczema like patches but I broke it with little hard bumps and I ended up scratching my face because it blocked my pores.

It's probably better for someone that has normal skin that isn't acne prone.

on 9/23/2017 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

There is nothing not to like about this! The price is fantastic, it’s a nice, light oil that absorbs quickly yet provides loads of moisture that lasts all day. There is no odor, and it works well on top of serums and under makeup. It makes my skin soft and dewy. I use it on top of hyaluronic acid and even mixed with hyaluronic acid, and sometimes this is all the moisture that I need.

I like a lot of oils, but squalane is supposed to be very stable, so that’s another reason to like it. I also read that it's a very healing oil, and I got to test it on my knee after a bike accident. I had three big red sores on my knee, and I'm really surprised at how much better they look after just two days of putting squalane on them twice a day.

on 9/16/2017 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My skin type: extremely breakout prone, super dry BUT very oily. I avoided oils for the longest time, fearing they would break me out worse than usual. My hg is badgers unscented oil, but this is so affordable I figured I'd give it a try. I've been using it for a couple weeks and it hasn't seemed to caused any breakouts. I use it morning and night mixed with my regular moisturizer. It does it's job to add the moisture that my skin really needs, and imo isnt too heavy to use under makeup (you only need a couple drops). Im not too sure what else to say. I appreciate that there is no scent, and the price point is great. I will continue to use!

This is oil is wonderful. It sinks in nicely, so moisturizing but doesn't clog your pores. I recently had a bad experience with a moisturizer and this oil helped tame the drying and redness on my skin. It's also so affordable. I highly recommend trying it.

on 9/11/2017 8:08:00 PM

I used it for the first time last night as the last step to my PM skincare routine. The texture was runny and it is transparent. I smoothed it onto my skin and while a thin layer remained on my skin even after a while. When I woke up the next morning, my skin was appropriately moisturized and not oily :) I hope to see more positive results with prolonged use!

Background: 28 years old, combination skin with blemishes and the occasional breakout.

on 9/6/2017 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a miracle product for me. My skin is so dry that no moisturizer could handle it. Oils didn't impress me because they seemed to sit on top of my skin and not sink in. I saw an extremely expensive brand of squalane at Sephora and rolled my eyes at the price.

I ordered this and figured I'd use it under my moisturizer for an extra boost. The first time I used it I couldn't believe how my skin felt. It was soft, hydrated, not oily and calm. I use this as my everyday moisturizer now. It's amazing.

I love the dropper bottle - it's the perfect delivery for a product with this consistency. The best part? It's eight bucks! I will buy this for as long as they make it.

I only use this at night as otherwise it's too greasy. It seals in moisture well, is scentless, and doesn't irritate my skin. I sometimes use a few drops of it in my hair too.

This is a very thin weightless oil. It is almost runny and seems to leave your face wet almost. I myself have asked deciem if this is derived from olives or sugarcane and they told me sugarcane. But others who have also asked deciem if it derived from olives or sugarcane have been told olives. So....yeah. The CS is sketchy.

The oil itself clogs me. The first day i used it i woke up with a weird bump. I was like ok whatever its fine could be anything else. Second night, another clog. Third night, YEP YOU GOT IT. Another clog. So yeah. I'm going to continue using it on my nails for cuticles but no more face for this oil. MY Hg oil is the sibu sea buckthorn seed oil but i am looking to try a cheaper one which is why i went to TO but this one just does not agree with me. Everything that i have tried from TO has not worked out for me fwiw.

Other things i have tried from TO:
**10% Lactic Acid--breakouts galore, awful smell, tacky texture
**Caffiene eye serum--stung my eyes
**Alpha Lipoic--burning sensation on face and very oily in texture and smells like petrol to me
**Thhe glycolic toning solution--just does not do what i want a glycolic product to do, bad texture, sticky, filmy, irritates skin.

on 8/18/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this as an occlusive after exfoliating and after my serums (only at nighttime). I really like it. It does feel greasy but that's not really a problem for me at nighttime. I have oily skin, and when not properly hydrated, feels really tight and oilier. When I use this, I wake up with soft, hydrated skin, and I'm not an oil slick in the morning. I gave it three stars for packaging because I don't like the dropper. I would definitely repurchase this. I've been using it every night, for about a month, and still have a lot left. A little goes a long way.