Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

Filtered by age: 36-43
Deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

4.1

Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol 4.02

on 8/6/2018 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Despite everything I've ever tried from The Ordinary being a disaster I'm still seduced by the brand on a regular basis. This toner is a perfect example: the ingredients are great, the pH is right, the size is generous, and the price can't be beat. And yes, it's definitely an effective exfoliator, so given all that I'm giving it 3 lippies. The one thing I just couldn't get past though was the film it would leave on my skin. It was humectant and normally I love humectants, but this just felt... oppressive. Ugh. I stopped using it on my face because if I wanted an exfoliating toner I've got like 3 others that are all a lot better and don't make me want to claw my skin off. For a while I used this in place of deodorant, which it worked good for, but again, I just couldn't get past the sticky film it left on my skin. After a year of owning it and only using 1/4 of the bottle I dumped it down the drain. Next time I'll just light a $10 bill on fire and call it done.

This is it right here. OMG. Dealing with cysts and not sure if it is KP on my chin, is horrible! My face is constantly weeping plugs or in painful cysts. This helps clear up my skin. It stings a little if I go over it 3 or 4 times with a cotton ball. I apply serums and moisturize with rosehip seed oil afterwards. Bam, the next day my skin is glowing! I love this stuff. It seems everyone else does too! It is sold out right now. As soon as it is in stock, I will stock up like 6 bottles so I never run out. It may be a little harsh for some but not for me. I can use it once a day at night. If it is too harsh just use every couple of days. Cheap and effective. Win win. Did I mention cheap???? Win!

on 1/25/2018 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Summary:
Pros:
-has rare 7% AHA concentration
-contains glycerin to help retain moisture
- plumps up my skin
- smooths
- price is a bargain
- good packaging (squeeze spout)

Cons
- Despite smoothing, this doesn't seem to help with my tiny whiteheads or blackheads
- Apparently the company's got some messy ceo shizt going on at present so I'm not sure if this will be around long term?

Full review:
I was about to re-purchase Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing AHA Treatment but happened upon this brand, which had a much lower price point for an aha liquid. I also like the fact but it's only 7% AHA, as the Paula's Choice is 10% and too drying for me to use more than 1-2x a week. The price is $8.70 for 8.1 oz (aka 240 ml size), if purchased from the Deciem website. By comparison, Paula's Choice AHA liquid is $36 for 1 oz. (PCs liquid AHA is called "RESIST Advanced Smoothing Treatment 10% AHA" --they carry no AHA lower than 10%).

2/4/18 Applied this all over my face with a cotton pad at night. It's a clear fluid, no overpowering scent, and leaves a slightly sticky finish. No stinging or irritation on application. My skin didn't seem much different the next day but more use is needed.

2/9/18 After 5 day's use: I can really say now that I like this stuff. Love the light watery texture, and the price. My face started feeling like it was smoothing out by day 2, and had a slightly plumper feel by day 5. I never had any peeling or flaking, I've not decided if this is a negative since there were spots of my skin that were already clogged that I would have liked to have peeled a bit. Anyway, by day 6, I did start to notice some dryness. I hadn't been using any moisturizer on top of this so I will either do that or use this every other night. This has a winner so far.

May 2018
After Walgreens sunscreen wrecked my skin, I took a break from this for a while in favor of BHA to clear up the breakouts. Now that I'm using this again, I can say that this *definitely* makes my skin feel plumper and more hydrated than BHA. I'm trying this 4-5 days a week instead of every day to see if I can't avoid the dryness i started encountering by day 6.

7/25/18 Still love this. I find my skin looks so much plumper and healthier when I use it consistently. I still use it about 5 days a week at night. It does make me flake a bit otherwise. On off days I just moisturize with jojoba or a mild facial oil. And I gently do a manual exfoliation at least twice a week to keep and flakes and buildup at bay. One thing that I have to note (despite upping my rating to 5 stars) is that I still get small numbers of closed comedones and slightly enlarged pores despite using this. I try to counter it by using the Ordinary BHA in acne prone areas a couple times a week. This is a great value to boot, I'm still only halfway through the bottle.
Ingredients:
Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For the price tag and the amount of product you get in comparison to Pixie Glow Tonic and this one hands down is the winner. At first this did cause me to break out a little bit but then the break outs stopped and then my skin started to exhibit positive results. Clear and even skin....pores looked less pronounced and took care of the dry areas that were an eyesore. I haven't used acids in over year so the first time out the gate I did experience a major tingle...burning sensation with my skin. This is best used PM and maybe starting out every other day if your skin is new to acids. I use every night depending on what I'm using the in regards to serums and creams ( I avoid using skincare products with this that contain active ingredients). I definitely plan on keeping this in my skincare rotation.

I like this much better than the Pixi Glow Tonic. It costs less and is better effective for my skin. It's not sticky and it sinks in nicely. Everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to products. If you're a glycolic acid lover, for the price it's worth a try.

I find this sticky and seems to irritate my skin. Yes there is a lot of product in this and for the price it is a great 'dupe' of the Pixi Glow Tonic but at a better pH so would actually exfoliate. My skin is used to glycolic but something in this still irritated my skin and did not leave it glowing or clear. It's weirdly foamy in the bottle and does have some type of scent though it is not overpowering. MY skin is combo-dry, and used to a glycolic peel at 30% every week or so. I have also been using Retin A Micro for years but stopped to use the peels recently and that is why i was looking for a glycolic toner to add in between the peels.

Other things i have tried from TO:
**10% Lactic Acid--breakouts galore, awful smell, tacky texture
**Caffiene eye serum--stung my eyes
**Alpha Lipoic--burning sensation on face and very oily in texture and smells like petrol to me
**This glycolic toner--just does not do what i want a glycolic product to do, bad texture
**Squalane Oil--very thin and runny, almost weightless, clogs up my skin almost instantly, doesn't really sink in for me. Again a texture issue. FWIW people have been told that this is derived from olives and then others have been told that it is from sugarcane. My usual oil is the Sibu Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil which i love but have been trying to find a cheaper oil that i can replace with.

So yeah. I think this is it. I am going to give up on the ordinary. Maybe the other lines like niod are an option for me and i guess that is their strategy, to start people off at TO pricepoint and then funnel them into NIOD for better textures and results.

on 5/15/2017 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin, am using retina-a and have enjoyed the way my skin looks using this - refreshed, glossy, clear, more even toned. I get results very quickly. I use it once daily and if my skin complains am overdoing it, I miss it for a day or two and then continue.