3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I think this is a great and strong exfoliant mask, It doesn't leave my skin too tight and delivers immediate results. I can't use the face oil that came as a little sample with the babyfacial, that oil breaks me out. Babyfacial is a fantastic weekly treatment if your skin likes chemical exfoliants, but if you are acne prone, I wouldn't use that oil they give you, use something else after for moisture retention.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2 months ago

I don't know if I've ever tried a a Drunk Elephant product that I didn't like. This was one of the best masks I've ever used and actually did help with the texture of my skin and my dark spots in the short of time I used it. I haven't been able to purchase a full size, but I definitely will once I get the chance. It stung when I put it on (because of the acids), but I stuck through it and it was honestly worth it. I do understand the apprehension, especially with those of us with sensitive skin, but I do believe it does a good job. I cannot wait until I'm able to buy a full size version.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Dark, Warm

HairBrunette, Kinky, Coarse

1.0

7 months ago

It stung!! I took it off right away. I ended up using the sample I received on my hands. They did feel very smooth though afterward.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

a year ago

This heavy duty chemical exfoliant definitely does the job. Once a week, I skip my retinol and other exfoliants. The next day, I use this mask and follow up with my beloved I'm From Honey Mask. It's a great combo and my skin is bright, clear, and super, one might even say... baby soft after. I have dry skin, and I'm focused on defying time and keeping my skin bright and even. I've been using acids for a long time, and my skin isn't very reactive. I use this once every week or so. I have milder daily products for other days. I've used The Ordinary's peel as well, and while I would love to spend less on this part of my routine, l very much preferred this product. Besides, since I use it so infrequently, and the pump is so sanitary, I don't need to buy it that frequently. This product is an HG for me!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

a year ago

I love this stuff. It smooths out the texture of the skin and evens out the coloring (historically, I’ve had dry and flaky skin that is prone to redness). It does sting when you first apply, so if you start small and muscle through, it is worth it. I am not crazy about the pump- I love most DE packaging, but the little plastic cover that you put over the “spout” is a bit cumbersome. I don’t have a solution, though!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

a year ago

I really like this mask. The only caution I might give is keep very close track of the time and don't go over 20 minutes! I made that mistake once, and I broke out. And I never break out. Also, definitely use a pretty emollient face cream or oil afterwards to combat potential dryness. Overall, I'm very impressed. I didn't give it 5 starts because it's expensive and there's no way to tell how much is left in the bottle.

About reviewer (975 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

1.0

a year ago

I’ve tried this mask several times and always end up with severe breakouts the day after. Yuk!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlond

a year ago

At a glance: this is a fabulous chemical exfoliant in mask form, but it is pricey. I will admit that I dove headfirst into this product just by virtue of the rave reviews all over the internet when it first came out. Thankfully, I've found that it lives up to the hype. I use it at most 2x a week, but usually just once, and let it sit for twenty minutes. You need to use it on clean but totally dry skin. Believe me, any lingering dampness will make this burn! I do experience some mild stinging in the first few minutes, but nothing unbearable. I think for people with particularly sensitive skin, this is maybe a product to avoid. There is a mildly unpleasant smell, and I will admit that the removal process (as with many leave-on masks) is a bit of a pain. I usually keep an old/ratty/but very clean towel around, and after rinsing my face a few times, use that to wipe the product off. This is followed by some serious moisturization. My skin does look a bit red usually after removing the mask, but that fades within 30-60 minutes, and leaves beautiful, smooth, and plumped skin behind. I definitely notice a reduction in those awful little white bumps that pop up on my forehead, as well as the blackheads on my nose and chin. Sometimes I just use the mask on my T zone and leave my cheeks out. It does take a few pumps to get enough product to spread over your face, but I appreciate this because I'd rather that than end up with too much product and have to waste it. I love the packaging, it's super cute, and the pump is way more hygienic than anything in a tub. I do wish there were a way to see how much mask I have left, but I guess that's a pretty minor issue. All in all, the only thing that is keeping me from 100% buying this again ASAP is the price. I might just keep my fingers crossed that my current bottle will last me through the holidays, and I can ask for it as a gift!

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

Loving the results with this product and can see how/why it's won so many awards. I use this once weekly for 15-20 minutes (30 minutes makes my skin tingle unbearably) and then wash it off with slightly warm water. Instant glowing, smoother and better looking skin. Have used this for 4 weeks now and each week my skin looks just that bit better than it did the previous week. Usually my skin doesn't tolerate AHA in a high percentage (25%) even for a few minutes, but I can only guess it must be the 'calming' ingredients in here such as Milk Thistle, Cactus and Green Tea etc that are counteracting the harshness of the Glycolic acid in this. It is pricey but worth it for me, as its much better than the glycolic products I've used from other brands. Not many products help clear out and refine my pores as well as this does and even rarer it is for me to find a silicone AND fragrance-free product with so many beneficial ingredients in it and that doesn't make my skin peel at all. Every skin type will react differently to this be aware, but for me it's an absolute must-have! Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

well, this is my first chemical peeling products, ever. overall this is a good products. im not those type who does daily exfoliating routine and i only used this at weekend. at first when you applied it will be sting so you have to spread it fast and i always use wash cloth to wipe them. i usually applied this at night, wash it, then put my evening routine (lot of hydrating products); and right the next morning after i wash my face (bare face) i can see the result, my face is brighter, smaller pores but never as smooth as baby butt. i think i will consider to repurchase this.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm