La Roche-Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 - Multi-Purpose/Soothing Repairing Balm

La Roche-Posay CICAPLAST BAUME B5 - Multi-Purpose/Soothing Repairing Balm

4.3

AQUA / WATER HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE DIMETHICONE GLYCERIN BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER PANTHENOL BUTYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE PROPANEDIOL CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE TRISTEARIN ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE MANGANESE GLUCONATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE

on 3/27/2019 8:37:00 PM

I love the range of la Roche posay,I have never got any irritations from them,They are quite pricey but worth every penny.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this cream. It saved my neck when irritated from tretinoin and helped me tolerate it in the winter. I love to use this at night in the winter. It does make your skin a bit white when you first apply it. I have repurchased it and definitely will again. It is a bit pricey so I recommend cutting open the package to get every bit out and keep an eye out for it in duty-free at the airport (sometimes cheaper there).

Nothing is a cure for redness from rosacea, but I do think this can help.

I wanted to love this SO BADLY. I have severe rosacea and the night I wore this, my flare ups began disappearing. I was shocked and crying because I finally found a cure to my inflammation. 2 weeks of using this product: I developed a lot of pimples all over my face: on my lips, forehead, cheeks and ON MY NOSE (where I have never ever broken out). I stopped using this cream for a week and my acne is gone.
It contains Shea Butter and Silicone which will break you out like crazy, but I read the amazing reviews and went right ahead. Always listen to the ingredients and what works for your skin.

on 2/13/2019 9:33:00 AM

I had such high hopes for this but it made my face sting, which is weird because LRP products are for sensitive skin and I've used many without problems. I would've kept it for my hands but I didn't like the weird feeling of the residue. The only place it did any good was my lips, to add a little moisture under my Chapstick, but I ended up returning it.

on 2/9/2019 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

HG for LIFE.

Itchy isect bites, chemical burns from bad skincare reactions, scrapes, tight/dry skin, and sunburn -- this balm soothes it ALL.

on 2/8/2019 3:45:00 AM

I absolutely love this! I use it on dry patches around my nose and chin and it works wonders. Also, when my skin is more dehydrated than usual, I mix this with my Clinique Moisture Surge moisturizer and the next day my skin is feeling softer and rejuvenated! It’s also useful for chapped lips and mild skin irritations. If I had to pick only one product out of my cosmetic bag to live with, it would definitely be this multi-purpose miracle worker!

on 1/26/2019 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Lots of people with rosacea swear by this, but I am not one of them. I tried it out mid-flare up and made things WAY WORSE. I could feel my skin tingling as soon as I put it on and the redness got worse rather than better, so I had to wash it off and slather myself in coconut oil and my go-to anti-redness and barrier repair products. If you're uncertain, I recommend you avoid it or at least patch test because my very reactive, sensitive skin did not like this at all.

I use this product on the dry and easily irritated parts of my face such as around the sides of my nose and mouth, but do not use it to moisturize other parts of my face as I find it very exerberating to my fungal acne. If you suffer from normal acne (one that is caused by bacteria) and dry skin, give it a try. However those with oily and acne prone-skin should steer clear unless you have other parts of your face that are dry and not prone to clogged pores. It’s a good balm which is travel friendly and can be applied to different parts of your body if you have cuts or irritation. But in terms of its efficiency as a moisturizer for easily clogged skin, I suggest you look elsewhere.

Very good repair cream. Actually it works fine with a number of skin issues. From dryness to acne! The lady in the drugstore suggested applying it on my pimples. I was in disbelief it would actually work because it feels oily. Well, in reality it is not, and it helps A LOT with my pimples - I don't face a bad acne situation though. Have repurchased before, also will in the future.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is an excellent product IF you use it for what it is intended (repairing and soothing) - it is multi-purpose but is not primarily a face cream/moisturizer so it may be too emollient for some looking for a moisturizer.

As an all-purpose healing balm, this is a star product. I've used this to treat an unexplained rash over my eyelids - it is extremely gentle and soothing and after a few days, the irritation, redness and scaling were gone. In the past I've used Zincofax or other diaper rash balms to treat cuts, scars, rashes and irritation on my very fair skin - but those tend to be way too thick for practical use, especially on the face.

I just used this over the holidays where the location had much harder, chlorinated water that really irritated my facial skin. In that case I did use it to calm the redness and dryness, although I don't recommend it as an overall face product in general. I would recommend this for sensitive skin, baby skin, and the more delicate skin you see on seniors who can react very sensitively, also.

The texture is light and blends into the skin, though emollient - it is a balm. Being a fan of La-Roche Posay, I find this a great quality and handy product. Repurchase and maintain stock at home!