Deciem The Ordinary - Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG

3.3

Aqua (Water), Caffeine, Propanediol, Maltodextrin, Glycerin, Epigallocatechin Gallatyl Glucoside, Gallyl Glucoside, Hyaluronic Acid, Oxidized Glutathione, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Polypodium Vulgare Rhizome Extract, Cetraria Islandica Thallus Extract, Sphagnum Magellanicum Extract, Urea, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Xanthan gum, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Propyl Gallate, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Ethoxydiglycol, Benzyl Alcohol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

I really enjoyed this eye serum. It absorbs quickly into the skin. I noticed it helped reduce the look of puffiness. Overall I would say it's definitely worth trying.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is effective at tightening the under eye area. It reduces puffiness. It will not eliminate dark circles. But I can get puffy for hormonal reasons or if I have too much sodium. This did the trick and for a great price. Learning curve to applying. You only need a little bit which can be tricky with the dropper. It takes a couple minutes to fully absorb and dry. I have layered eye cream over without any pilling or issues and my concealer looks good over it. I like this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have very heavy eyelids. This product really tightened my eyelids, the effect is instant and it lasts all day. I also use it under my eyes and it reduces bags very well. My eyes look a lot better! But I can't say i've noticed any effects to the dark circles under my eyes though. But still, as someone with heavy, droppy eyelids and tends to get puffy around the eyes, this is wonderful!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Don’t see any differences after few weeks of use. Don’t have puffy eyes but it didn’t really help fade dark circles.

Had high hopes for this after reading reviews online but I'm not seeing much results from this. On application there seems to be a tightening effect on the eye area but there isn't much moisturising qualities in the product, which makes it necessary for me to apply additional eye cream on top of it. I am not seeing any results on my dark circles either, so this product may only work for those who want a slight lifting/ smoothing effect. The pump makes it really hygienic to use, a tiny drop goes a long way.

Alas, not effect at all and not a particularly good moisturiser. Ive rebought several products from the Ordinary but won't buy this one again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Alas this product did nothing for me. I bought it predominantly to address the puffiness under my eyes and address the slight darkness on my eyelids but it didn't even give a temporary improvement so perhaps my bags are due to other reasons. If anything I thought my bags looked even more obvious since using this (or maybe I've just been extra conscious). But until I can get a professional opinion I will explore other products - I'm thinking of giving Niod FECC a go. In any case, this serum like product is very fluid and light weight, absorbs easily,and doesn't irritate the eye. And best of all, it's in expensive so you have nothing to lose to try this out. However, it's not moisturizing so you probably have to supplement with an eye cream.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I had no wrinkles, none, very smooth skin younger than my years without Botox etc. Used this, wondered why skin around my eyes was getting wrinkled and crepey. Used it some more to get rid of puffiness, thought the sudden ageing was ageing, but over two weeks? Skin looks many years older. I have dry skin and now I don’t know what lasers etc will be needed to get my skin back how it was or if that’s possible. I am binning my bottle. Do not use if you have dry skin, maybe it won’t harm oily, maybe.

It’s like curing a headache with decapitation.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, let me say I'm close to 45 and have some pretty good dark circles and puffiness. My best fix would probably be fillers or surgery.
But, this was a few dollars and the brand is well reviewed, so I thought, what do I have to lose? I went in not expecting a miracle, and I wasn't disappointed.
I've used this twice a day in excess of a month, and while it hasn't erased the bags/dark circles for me, it may have reduced them a tiny bit, but I'm not really sure. I don't think it's been a waste of money, however.

The Ordinary, on their website, state the following:
Notes:
1. Hollowness in the eye contour as a result of structure of sub-dermal tissues like fat and bone can result in visible shadows under the eyes. This shadow, which is not to be mistaken for dark circles, cannot be addressed with topical skincare including this formula.
2. Fat deposits under the eye contour can create permanent puffiness in this area. This type of deposit cannot be improved with topical skincare, including this formula.

I appreciate that they're not promising a miracle (hence the four lippies) and I went in hoping that I'd get a tiny bit of improvement. I'm not sure I did, but oh well, I've got an eye serum to use, which can't hurt, and I didn't sink fifty dollars into this, so I don't feel robbed.
The formula itself has no scent and it's a thick liquid, kind of like aloe, but not quite as "set" (think fully set Jell-O compared to partially set Jell-O). I only need a drop to cover both under-eye areas and I pat it in and let it absorb. It doesn't feel sticky, but a bit tacky for a while. I tend to apply when I get that first cup of coffee in the morning and at least a half hour later I start applying makeup. I find it doesn't interfere with concealer or foundation or moisturizer/sunblock. Some people might not like it, but normally I wear glasses so I don't wear a lot of undereye concealer when I do.
It might help puffiness -- it might -- but I can't say with certainty because my puffiness fades some throughout the day, thanks to gravity.
Is it a holy grail for me? No. Did I expect it to be? No. It's a nice product, and it may work for someone younger or with less undereye darkness/puffiness. I'll finish using this under my eyes and maybe try it paired with a moisturizer on my face and see if I see a boost that way.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This stuff turned minor puffiness into major crepey skin. Gave me more wrinkles, not even a good eye cream could help with it. Poured the rest into my body lotion.