Deciem The Ordinary - Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG

3.8

Aqua (Water), Caffeine, Propanediol, Maltodextrin, Glycerin, Epigallocatechin Gallatyl Glucoside, Gallyl Glucoside, Hyaluronic Acid, Oxidized Glutathione, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Polypodium Vulgare Rhizome Extract, Cetraria Islandica Thallus Extract, Sphagnum Magellanicum Extract, Urea, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Xanthan gum, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Propyl Gallate, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Ethoxydiglycol, Benzyl Alcohol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

I have finally found my HG product for dark circles. This stuff blew my mind right from the first use. It is tied for 1st place among my The Ordinary favourites (The Alpha Lipoic Acid is my other favourite).

I love the dropper because it gives me the precise amount that I need. I only need 1 drop for both eyes! Right from day 1, this visibly made my dark circles look less pronounced. It doesn't have a noticeable scent or feel like anything on the skin. It just seems to melt into your skin straight away and gets right to work.

This little bottle will probably last me at least a year and a half at this rate. Seriously amazing product and value for money.

Since I can remember I've had dark circles and eyes that always look puffy and red, I've used various eye creams and gels but they've done nothing. This Caffeine solution has been amazing for me, my eyes instantly after one night of use have looked way better, my mum is even stunned how well this stuff has worked on me. I've been using it a few weeks and I totally love it.
The consistency is watery and it absorbs quickly and easily. It's definitely worth a try :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like it very much. It's true that it doesn't do THAT much for under-eye circles, but it does help the puffiness and I do look less tired after using this. Plus, it feels quite good when applying it. For this price... there's no way you can improve it. I payed much more for products that do much less. But yes, it's quite important moisturizing after using this. Anyway, I will re-purchase once I run out of product.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love it...BUT you have to dab on a moisturizer OVER it when it sinks in or it stays tacky...o.k...bye

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the first under eye treatment that has made me actually 'wow' out loud. I have pretty dark circles that look chalky and greige when I try to cover them up with out corrector. This serum not only brightened my under eyes very visible upon first use, it also tightened quite a bit! Sadly, more tightening than I realized that I even needed! Haha. But, this is a really soild product, lovely texture under makeup and an absolute steal for the price! The Ordinary has really impressed me... It's taking some serious displine to not go overboard and purchase this whole line because it's so cheap and so effective. Will repurchase absolutely.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I use one drop under each eye at night, wake up looking great!

This is the only Ordinary product out of the 6 or so that I have that I wouldn't repurchase. I have a serious love hate relationship with this one, because I do think it actually does what it says it will do (about 4 days into using this in the mornings a co-worker told me I looked 'well-rested'). What it also does, however is never dry and stays tacky and sticky without ever really sinking into my skin. The consistency and persistent stickiness makes concealer application impossible, never mind a finishing powder. I first realized this when I looked in the rearview mirror on the way to work (AKA The Flaw Revealer) and was horrified to see my concealer and powder had clung to the sticky parts and dried up in these little patches that couldn't be removed by themselves, I had to remove ALL the makeup from this area and reapply on my way to work. So maybe if you don't wear additional foundation, concealer, power etc it would be great. But I actually gave it to my make-up-free sister and she wasn't entirely sold on the consistency either. Deciem, please tweak this product for better absorption. It doesn't help to be told I look well rested when I also have stubborn make up patches clinging to this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Works well on puffiness, does nothing for dark eye bags (though I wasn't expecting it to). It can also leave my under-eye area feeling a little tight if I don't immediately apply moisturiser over the top. It'll do if you're on a strict budget but I'll probably go for something a little pricier and better-performing next time.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I would repurchase, but you need such a small amount I doubt I'll need to in the year ahead.

This is the only thing that's reduced my puffiness. I have CFS, I'm chronically tired all the time and suffer insomnia. I have very puffy eye bags with fat sacks under them, discolouration and veins. I'm 36 and other than the eye area my skin is good.

I've been using this for almost two months morning and night and I'm no longer puffy. Obviously the fat under my eye cannot be helped by this product. Discolouration is markedly improved too.

I love this product not just for the effects but also the packaging is nice and it's amazing value for money.

On the downside? I developed a week long eye twitch two weeks ago, and after reading caffeine can cause this I discontinued it for a week, the eye
twitch is now gone and I'm applying again. It wasn't a major issue, but something to bear in mind. I'm sure it was the serum, as I don't consume caffeine in any other way.

I love this so much I can deal with an occasional twitch.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I said I would repurchase if I ran out again, but I honestly don't think I will ever run out of this because a little goes a very long way.

No eye cream can actually get rid of under eye circles, which is my biggest issue unfortunately, BUT this serum definitely is incredible for depuffing the eye area and tightening the skin around the eye temporarily (which is all any eye cream can do, no eye cream will permanently get rid of wrinkles/fine lines).

I have to say that a couple of times I've gotten this in my eye and it definitely did sting, but I do put this on top of my eyelids in addition to under my eyes since I want that area to depuff and tighten too.

If you keep this in the fridge, it it will probably help even more to depuff in the morning!