Deciem The Ordinary - Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG

3.3

Aqua (Water), Caffeine, Propanediol, Maltodextrin, Glycerin, Epigallocatechin Gallatyl Glucoside, Gallyl Glucoside, Hyaluronic Acid, Oxidized Glutathione, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Polypodium Vulgare Rhizome Extract, Cetraria Islandica Thallus Extract, Sphagnum Magellanicum Extract, Urea, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Xanthan gum, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Propyl Gallate, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Ethoxydiglycol, Benzyl Alcohol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this product. I have bag and naturally red eyelids/under eyes that are worse with stress, dehydration, too much salt, poor sleep. A drop of this below each eye helps the puffiness go away. If I'm still puffy after an hour, I'll try a second drop on my finger, patting below each eye. I do not find that it dries out my eye area (and I have very dry skin), causes flakiness, tightness, etc. I do not use it on my eyelid, just under the eyes. I feel like it's possible that I use less concealer than I used to. Have been using this for about a month. I plan to keep buying and using it.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Loved it at first: it's true. It does tighten the eyelid area (you can actually feel it) but it dries up the skin and you need to apply a consistent layer of moisturizer afterwards. It does not reduce dark circles - I noticed only minor improvements, cannot say if they were due to hydration / diet or this product.

However, halfway through the bottle I suddenly developed contact dermatitis to it, as it is apparently quite an irritating and strong product. When it goes in contact with my eyelids they get swollen, red and with an awful burning sensation in a matter of SECONDS.

Cannot use it anymore, obviously. It was nice while it lasted.
Unforunately, it has sensitized my eye areaso badly thay for a few days after the reaction I pretty much cannot use any other product for my eyes except cortizol cream and pure squalane to calm the red itchy and swollen patches that get left behind after using Caffeine Solution.

I really enjoyed this eye serum. It absorbs quickly into the skin. I noticed it helped reduce the look of puffiness. Overall I would say it's definitely worth trying.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is effective at tightening the under eye area. It reduces puffiness. It will not eliminate dark circles. But I can get puffy for hormonal reasons or if I have too much sodium. This did the trick and for a great price. Learning curve to applying. You only need a little bit which can be tricky with the dropper. It takes a couple minutes to fully absorb and dry. I have layered eye cream over without any pilling or issues and my concealer looks good over it. I like this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have very heavy eyelids. This product really tightened my eyelids, the effect is instant and it lasts all day. I also use it under my eyes and it reduces bags very well. My eyes look a lot better! But I can't say i've noticed any effects to the dark circles under my eyes though. But still, as someone with heavy, droppy eyelids and tends to get puffy around the eyes, this is wonderful!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Don’t see any differences after few weeks of use. Don’t have puffy eyes but it didn’t really help fade dark circles.

Had high hopes for this after reading reviews online but I'm not seeing much results from this. On application there seems to be a tightening effect on the eye area but there isn't much moisturising qualities in the product, which makes it necessary for me to apply additional eye cream on top of it. I am not seeing any results on my dark circles either, so this product may only work for those who want a slight lifting/ smoothing effect. The pump makes it really hygienic to use, a tiny drop goes a long way.

Alas, not effect at all and not a particularly good moisturiser. Ive rebought several products from the Ordinary but won't buy this one again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Alas this product did nothing for me. I bought it predominantly to address the puffiness under my eyes and address the slight darkness on my eyelids but it didn't even give a temporary improvement so perhaps my bags are due to other reasons. If anything I thought my bags looked even more obvious since using this (or maybe I've just been extra conscious). But until I can get a professional opinion I will explore other products - I'm thinking of giving Niod FECC a go. In any case, this serum like product is very fluid and light weight, absorbs easily,and doesn't irritate the eye. And best of all, it's in expensive so you have nothing to lose to try this out. However, it's not moisturizing so you probably have to supplement with an eye cream.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I had no wrinkles, none, very smooth skin younger than my years without Botox etc. Used this, wondered why skin around my eyes was getting wrinkled and crepey. Used it some more to get rid of puffiness, thought the sudden ageing was ageing, but over two weeks? Skin looks many years older. I have dry skin and now I don’t know what lasers etc will be needed to get my skin back how it was or if that’s possible. I am binning my bottle. Do not use if you have dry skin, maybe it won’t harm oily, maybe.

It’s like curing a headache with decapitation.