La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cleanser

Filtered by age: 30-35
La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cleanser

AQUA / WATER / EAU (LA ROCHE-POSAY PREBIOTIC THERMAL WATER • GLYCERIN • COCO-BETAINE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • SODIUM COCOYL GLYCINATE • PEG-120 METHYL GLUCOSE DIOLEATE • SODIUM CHLORIDE • CERAMIDE NP • NIACINAMIDE • SODIUM HYDROXIDE • DISODIUM EDTA • CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER

This has become my HG makeup removing wash! I love how it takes away all traces of makeup off my face while still being gentle on my skin and maintaining a good ph level unlike other cleansers that just make your skin feel tight or overly dry. Being in my early 30’s i feel like my skin has been shifting from oily to being more on the combination side but this cleanser never leaves me with those rough patches yet keeps the oily parts at bay while leaving my skin feeling super clean. I also like that unlike other washes who like to claim that they are also for “removing makeup on the eyes” this one actually does not sting them!! So unless you use waterproof mascara, you can use this to get it all off and not take the extra steps (and time ) with using eye makeup removers before washing up. When i was in my twenties cetaphil and neutrogena’s gentle cleanser worked well for me but like i mentioned earlier, getting older and having my skin change i feel that this wash is more up my alley Since it regulates your skins pH levels. The packaging is convenient as well the pump always gives you just the right amount of product without being wasteful and has never clogged on me. You also get quite a bit or atleast a little more than usual washes contain 13.52 oz to be exact so it should last you quite a while. and even though it might not be a big deal to some, having limited space in my bathroom cabinets I appreciate the simplicity of the packaging. It is a taller cylindrical shape that fits easily with my other products compared to some other washes i have owned that design their bottles to be unnecessarily bulky, wide or squared.
Bottom line, It may be pricy compared to regular drugstore face washes but if you are in your 30’s or older or if you have combo skin and just need a wash that will help keep it balanced I’d say it’s definitely worth every extra dollar

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

As I have gotten older, I realized how ensuring a proper pH and acid mantle to the skin is important. Therefore, I have been testing my cleansers with some pH strips to make sure that they are in the range less than 6. My skin has always been sensitive and I am in a constant balance between dehydrated and oily skin. I used to use Cerave hydrating foaming cleanser and have used it for 5 years, but it seems like it was making my skin more tight and dry. When I tested the Cerave before, it was around 5.5 but the last bottle I received had a ph >6, so I searched for another cleanser. What lured me to this cleanser was that La Roche Posay discloses their pH on some of their cleansers, one of them was the Effaclar gel cleanser, which I tried first since it stated a pH of 5.5. After using it, I felt like it was making my skin a little sensitive when I apply my products after washing. So I reached for this after I finished my tube since the Toleraine line is supposed to be more gentle. I tested the cleanser (without water), and I was glad that it was a pH of 5.5, even if it doesn't state that on the bottle. I am now on my 3rd bottle and this has quickly become my HG. I must say it has made my skin much more tolerant and supple, plus it never leaves my skin feeling stripped of its oils. What I love about this cleanser is not only for how it treats my skin but when I lather it, it is a very rich marshmallow like foam.. it almost reminds me of the foam makers that are so popular in Korean Asian beauty. I feel like it is a thicker cleanser than Cerave, and although it is fragrance-free, it does have a faint smell that dissipates... which is why I lather it first by rubbing it in my hands to make it luxuriously foamy before applying. I must add that cost-efficiency wise, this is 400ml vs 355ml with Cerave and they both cost the same without discounts. I do see this cleanser being on sale as low as 30%, which I think is awesome, so it is much cheaper if you look at it by cost per unit ounce. Overall, I highly recommend this cleanser and it has become one of my staples in healing my skin barrier.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I used to use Cosrx Good Morning cleanser but it would make my face feel a little tight. I switched to this and I really love it. Even though it's listed as purifying, it doesn't make my skin feel tight or stripped. It smells a little like a swimming pool (lol) but I'm fine with it. I feel like the price is good for the size of the product.

I have normal/combo skin.

on 12/28/2017 3:13:00 PM

I have really sensitive skin and use Cerave. My PH was imbalanced due to breastfeeding so Cerave just wasnt working out for me. Once I hit 30 my skin became very dry, which it wasnt before. I love this cleanser. Its gentle, doesnt sting, my skin feels clean. I need to scrub at least two times a week for blackheads though, but I saw a major difference with this cleanser, I dont have as many pimples or blackheads as I did before. I have been using this for 3 months, day and night, the bottle is large and I had only used about 25% of it; My child dumped half of it out and put water in it so I have to run and buy a new one :(, I will repurchase this because its amazing!!!

on 6/12/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Big fan of this cleanser and I will repurchase. Soap free, fragrance free, chemical free, everything-free cleanser that works well to remove dirt, oil and makeup without conflicting with any of the other acne treatments I have to use. I used to think I needed a benzoyl or salicylic based cleanser for my acne but my dermatologist recommended a cleaner with none of those ingredients. It's working out will so far.It is gentle and doesn't dry out my skin.